Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kiffin rumor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Ran across a rumor on another board early this morning. I saw it repeated on a separate board about five minutes ago.

OM has offered Lane Kiffin a raise and a contract extension. He has yet to sign it.
    Cause when or lose his ass is gone

vCash
    Here are the current odds from Vegas who the next coach will be:

Bob Stoops +400
    Lane Kiffin +500
    Billy Napier +600
    Bill O’Brien +700
    Matt Campbell +800
    James Franklin +900
    Mario Cristobal +1000
    Mark Stoops +1200
    Dave Clawson +1300
    Luke Fickell +1500
    Todd Monken +1800
    Dan Quinn +2000

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Miami better hurry and make the call on Manny or they're going to lose out on several coaches.
    They would lose out anyway. They aren't what they were. In fact they never really were. They caught lightning in a bottle and managed to hold on to it longer than you usually can due to the aura and swag around the program. That stuff fit the times perfectly. That is gone, and they aren't likely to let it come back. Not the way it was the last time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    They would lose out anyway. They aren't what they were. In fact they never really were. They caught lightning in a bottle and managed to hold on to it longer than you usually can due to the aura and swag around the program. That stuff fit the times perfectly. That is gone, and they aren't likely to let it come back. Not the way it was the last time.
    The fact that they aren't what they were is why they should make sure they have discussions with Kiffen now. With his ties to South Florida, he is a coach they might can get. But if Kiffen starts talks with a real blue blood, his ties to south florida probably won't matter.

Of course, maybe they've already talked with Kiffen and that's why Manny is getting another year. If Kiffen isn't interested, they might as well wait until the blue bloods move so they can see what the pool of coaches looks like. Maybe even get some early signees in the boat before moving on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Kiffin and Lebby hate each other. Lebby tried to leave earlier this year, but it was too late to start over. Kiffin fored an O-line coach and didn?t tell Lebby and ever since then, it has been bad blood. Whether Kiffin goes or stays, Lebby won?t be with him next year. You can mark that down?

Now if Kiffin goes, Ole Miss better hire Lebby, but I?m not sure they would. They are Ole Miss. they will try to fight with UF and LSU and get the top name, and we all know how that will turn out.

For that matter, Lebby ain?t the one making their offense run. Neither is Kiffin for that matter. Corrall is the one making it gin. They loose him, they are done. As much as I hate to say it, dude can play. He?s a giant douche, but he can play?

I don?t care who their coach is next year, they are gonna have a HUGE drop off in talent. If Kiffin is smart, he jumps this year cause next year ain?t looking good for

them?
    THIS

Corral is perfect for Lebby's offense but let's see how good his offense is when Corral is no longer running it.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-22-2021 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    OVERRATED........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    He could easily be the next hc at Mississippi.......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    These guys look at rosters when taking or leaving a job. The fans always think it’s the coach but I’ve seen many a doofus inherit a great roster, win for a year or two and then dumpster fire the program.

Kiffin sees the cupboard getting bare for next year and there’s no reason for him to stick around and have a losing season.

Bob Stoops is not going to take a job as head coach IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Kiffin is a good coach, he has won pretty much everywhere and he has the perfect demeanor and personality for the Gator job imo. His style is perfect with his ego and the Gator Nation ego.

It's a no brainer. I bet SS approves this message.
    This - totally. But I would say this: UF better wrap him up quickly because when Miami opens up, Lane will be there faster than a speeding bullet.

vCash
    247 just posted an article ranking the top jobs based on recruiting potential.

#1. Florida with a history of top 5 classes.

#2 USC

#3. LSU

I don’t see how Kiffin turns it down if offered the gator job

vCash
    d
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-23-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    UF boards seem to think Napier is the front runner

vCash
    Napier would be a crazy gamble for UF to make in the fact that he’s not a proven coach like UF could normally get.

Kiffin and Napier both use sexton don’t they ? Hmmm,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Napier would be a crazy gamble for UF to make in the fact that he’s not a proven coach like UF could normally get.

I think Kiffin wants Miami. Sexton is working on that behind the scenes.

vCash
    Napier won't make the UF fans happy. Good coach, yeah from all accounts but he's kinda like Mullen in a lot of ways. Not near as charismatic or appealing to the media as Kiffin. If they hired Napier, I'd give it a 3 on a 1-5 scale.

vCash
    If Napier gets the Florida Job, The Gator Nation will explode. Not a home run hire for that crazy fan base. I think he is a good coach; not sure he would have the charism needed for their needed fan base. I may be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

I think the allure of coaches like Napier is they don't have a clear ceiling. He's won as big as you can win at ULL, so they are thinking/hoping that with Florida's resources, he can be a NC coach. A lot of the more proven coaches that UF can get are going to be more like Mullen. Maybe more of a track record so you can feel better about the floor being high, but also probably enough information to prove that they're not the next Saban, which is of course the real metric of whether a coach is a good hire or not.