Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This offseason could be

vCash

This offseason could be

the biggest flip flopping of coaches we've ever seen. When jobs like LsU and Florida open up, it can create a game of musical chairs and leave carnage behind. Can't believe I've done a full 180 this season, but at this point I really REALLY hope Leach doesn't jump ship (pun intended) this off season. There will be some teams scrambling for even a decent coach if they lose theirs...bc in my opinion there aren't many good ones out there right now

vCash
    Big programs don't want Leach and I get no vibes he's trying to go anywhere unless forced.

vCash
    I?m right there with ya. I feel like Leach would rather be at a school like MState than one of the blue bloods anyways. Or at least I hope so.

vCash
    He's not leaving. Leach is ours and he's got a good thing going. He's not the type to jump around. I doubt he wants that at this juncture.

I would be more concerned about Arnett and Spurrier Jr leaving.

I could very easily see New Mexico and New Mexico State both opening up this offseason and Arnett being sought after for one or both of those jobs to go back home. You might also see Brady Hoke parlay his success at SDSU into the Washington or Washington State job and have SDSU go after Arnett who coached there.

vCash
    This is by far the off-season with the most big name job openings at one time that I can recall. I love how people all know which coaches are or aren?t interested in other jobs- many of these said the same about CDM not leaving, but personally, if you have a big name coach and you?re not a blue blood, I wouldn?t feel safe until hires are all made. Let?s hope Leach?s oddities are too much for most.

vCash
    If your coach?s name is listed as a potential for an open job then that means the agent has the green light to shop for a new job.

vCash
    Nice fat raise and extension already being ironed out for The Pirate. He's not going anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Nice fat raise and extension already being ironed out for The Pirate. He's not going anywhere.
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
    Here?s to seeing if you?re right.

vCash
    Man, I hope you're right. Everyone said we would see progress in year 3 but he is putting together a dang good year 2. A lot of that is Mississippi talent..

vCash
    The thing about Leach being a different kind of cat is it's not all about money for him. Does he love the fat checks? Yes but he's also about being where he wants to be and he's loving State. Remember he's a small town laid back guy, he's from Wyoming. Also he's a Pirate at heart and pirates plundered and pillaged the elites and blue bloods and that's who he is. He's an odd duck but he's ours.

vCash
    The thing about Leach being a different kind of cat is it's not all about money for him. Does he love the fat checks? Yes but he's also about being where he wants to be and he's loving State. Remember he's a small town laid back guy, he's from Wyoming. Also he's a Pirate at heart and pirates plundered and pillaged the elites and blue bloods and that's who he is. He's an odd duck but he's ours.
    Yup.

He?s also got a bad ass QB for 3 more years and he?s starting to get the best WRs recruits of his career. He ain?t going nowhere. As Mullen just proved, non super recruiter coaches are better at mid tier SEC schools where they have autonomy and can out evaluate people on high 3 stars and low 4 stars. It fits their skill set better.

As for Spurrier, I think he?d be a good fit for Duke if Cutcliffe is done.

As for Arnett, I don?t think he?d leave for another DC job, because the situation for him at MSU is too perfect. That said, I think he?d definitely take the San Diego St HC job but I?m not positive he?d take the New Mexico job. He may wait for a better job that?s easier to win at.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yup.

He?s also got a bad ass QB for 3 more years and he?s starting to get the best WRs recruits of his career. He ain?t going nowhere. As Mullen just proved, non super recruiter coaches are better at mid tier SEC schools where they have autonomy and can out evaluate people on high 3 stars and low 4 stars. It fits their skill set better.

As for Spurrier, I think he?d be a good fit for Duke if Cutcliffe is done.

As for Arnett, I don?t think he?d leave for another DC job, because the situation for him at MSU is too perfect. That said, I think he?d definitely take the San Diego St HC job but I?m not positive he?d take the New Mexico job. He may wait for a better job that?s easier to win at.
    Yep agree. There's definitely people better connected than me on here but from what I've heard from folks that are close to Leach he's having more fun than he's ever had coaching.

vCash
    Yep agree. There's definitely people better connected than me on here but from what I've heard from folks that are close to Leach he's having more fun than he's ever had coaching.
    He?s finally got real players and he gets to play brand names every week.

vCash
    Yep. He almost looks giddy(for him that is) a lot of the time.

vCash
    CML wants to prove his offense will work in the SEC and at MSU. If for some reason he did decide to leave MSU to go to another school (5% chance or less probability) he wouldn't go to a school where a Big Money Booster/ and or a former All American quarterback told him what to do concerning his football program. He is in control or no deal.

vCash

We just need to keep having a prolific passing attack, and get one or a few wr/s into the NFL and the sky will be the limit on the type of highly rated skilled players that we can attract. That type of player wants to go where he can be developed to be his best at the next level.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-21-2021 at 11:34 PM.

vCash
    Yep. He almost looks giddy(for him that is) a lot of the time.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    the biggest flip flopping of coaches we've ever seen. When jobs like LsU and Florida open up, it can create a game of musical chairs and leave carnage behind. Can't believe I've done a full 180 this season, but at this point I really REALLY hope Leach doesn't jump ship (pun intended) this off season. There will be some teams scrambling for even a decent coach if they lose theirs...bc in my opinion there aren't many good ones out there right now
    Finally ole cadaver has seen the light. Welcome back old friend!
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Off season? The coaching "hot seat" talk begins week 1 as soon as some name loses a game. Then is repeated over and over and over until the coaching carousel is the biggest story in the sport for the last two-three weeks of the regular season through the bowl games.

But you're exactly right.

vCash
    To add to this, I think Arkansas could get decimated by the dominos of this coaching cycle.

Any chance both Briles & Odom leave?