Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb move by Florida to fire Mullen

vCash

Dumb move by Florida to fire Mullen

The guy is a proven coach and can win with 2-3 star talent. He has won 34 games at UF and lost at ton of NFL talent last year to the draft. He has one down year, and he gets fired? How stupid can they be? Guess what? Lane Kiffin is not an upgrade from Dan Mullen. I agree Mullen should've hired a recruiting position to help and that would've been an easy fix. And for those that say Florida wants to compete with Georgia, well, he beat Georgia last year and Kirby hasn't won the natty yet....I think Bama will beat them in Atlanta but that's another topic...So, Dan is fired, they hire another coach which will take at least a year or two to install his system and players and they are back to square one....What a dumb move...

vCash
    He was losing the team and recruiting though....and he had lost something like 9 out of his last 11 power 5 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    He was losing the team and recruiting though....and he had lost something like 9 out of his last 11 power 5 games.
    I think Dan thought that coaching at Florida would be easy compared to MSU. And it's not. When someone goes into a job thinking it's going to be a cakewalk then sometimes they find out the hard way it isn't and sometimes it's hard to recover.

vCash
    It was a dumb move when he left Miss State. He would be making over 7 mill a year with job security. Plus he would have made a hell of a run in 2017.

vCash
    Why do we continue to keep having people defend that 17er after being fired? Ear infection looking 17er got what he deserved. Who cares if Florida keeps firing coaches. I?m glad he is gone

vCash
    Dan Mullen is an average coach that struck gold at State bc our expectations are not outrageous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think Dan thought that coaching at Florida would be easy compared to MSU. And it's not. When someone goes into a job thinking it's going to be a cakewalk then sometimes they find out the hard way it isn't and sometimes it's hard to recover.
    Prolly some truth in that...But, man, there are ways to work through that. I guess the administration at UF didn't want to go that route.

vCash
    Florida was 2-9 in their last 11 P5 games. That should NEVER happen at Florida. Only teams worse were Vandy at 0-11, and Arizona and Kansas at 1-10.

Mullen had to go. No other option. And I completely agree with Todd. I think Dan thought it would be easy to win at Florida. And the comment he made a few weeks ago about not worrying about recruiting mid season just highlight some of the things that got Dan where he is now. Florida is sitting at 29th in recruiting right now. That just cannot happen at Florida.

vCash
    They must have a coach lined up or about lined up.

vCash
    He's lost the team. That's deserving of a firing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Dan Mullen is an average coach that struck gold at State bc our expectations are not outrageous.
    An average coach doesn't take us to #1 in the country...And if you couldn't see the difference in our team from 2008 to 2009 and the drop of when Jomo took over then you are blind. Dan is a helluva coach one of the best but sounds like he needs people around him to help manage other aspects of the job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    They must have a coach lined up or about lined up.
    You mean maybe Kiffin pulled a Howland?

vCash
    I agree. One year, one!

Also this seems like LSUs smear campaign to remove Coach O. For whatever reason, the media took the recruiting comment out of context and drove that into everyone's media. Then the "lost the locker room" narrative conveniently surfaces.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He's lost the team. That's deserving of a firing.
    Agreed: See Joe Moorhead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    Prolly some truth in that...But, man, there are ways to work through that. I guess the administration at UF didn't want to go that route.
    As we all saw for 9 years - stubborn ass Dan, who believed he invented football - is his own worst enemy. To survive at UF Dan would have to change who he coached with, how he recruited, how he approached big games, and how he managed his players. Stubborn ass Dan wouldn't do those things and now he's fired like most of us knew he would be.

vCash
    If I were Washington st, I'd put the full press on mullen. I think mullen would do a great job there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This is it all day! How many times have we been told or heard ?Florida Recruits Itself? Dan will contend at Florida! Well you can?t take time off at Florida like you did at MSU. Dan is a good coach but he is not elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If I were Washington st, I'd put the full press on mullen. I think mullen would do a great job there
    Washington or Washington St. will both be gunning for Dan. He will own the PAC 12 without even trying. Dan can coach circles around Cristobal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    As we all saw for 9 years - stubborn ass Dan, who believed he invented football - is his own worst enemy. To survive at UF Dan would have to change who he coached with, how he recruited, how he approached big games, and how he managed his players. Stubborn ass Dan wouldn't do those things and now he's fired like most of us knew he would be.
    Dan is one of the most passive aggressive people ever. While an Alpha - he is his own worst enemy. Good Coach - but cannot lead for shit! We shall see if he grows up and becomes more - but so far that has not happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    An average coach doesn't take us to #1 in the country...And if you couldn't see the difference in our team from 2008 to 2009 and the drop of when Jomo took over then you are blind. Dan is a helluva coach one of the best but sounds like he needs people around him to help manage other aspects of the job.
    Dak Prescott made us number one not Dan Mullen. And then Dan pissed away every single bit of notoriety bc his ass was shopping for a better gig and not building a top tier SEC program. We got skull drug by LSU and Bama how many times? Hugh Freeze out coached his ass in every Egg Bowl he spent pimping his sorry ass for every job open.

**** Dan Mullen.