Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mullen fired

vCash
    VaTech?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Florida is just like Auburn, LSU, Texas, etc. They have boosters who have more money than sense and think they can buy the next Bama. The next coach will fail just like Dan. When you give a coach 4 years and he goes 34-15 with an SEC Championship birth and still fire him then nothing changes. They are right back at square 1 yet again.
    I think the key was that he lost the team and it was obvious. Has a coach ever recovered from that?

vCash
    Mullen is going to be a retread who has to go down a level to reprove himself kind of like Kiffin is using the ole miss gig for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    So have they called Brother Lane yet ??.....BTW I still say he(Mullen) could have had a one loss team if he stayed one more year....
    Are you saying Hugh to Florida and Myllen to Liberty? Well hugh does have recruiting contacts in the Tampa area!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    How long does Loafers have? I actually have more ill will towards Scott than CDM??
    ^^^^^This^^^^^ Loafers is the real traitor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    For real.

My thought is.... at what point do coaches look at jobs like Florida, LSU and Texas etc and think... I'm good where I am. Middle level P5. You would think... right now.... Florida isn't going to have their pick of whomever they want. To much toxicity there at the moment and there are many open jobs equal or better.
    I think you will see it more and more. Napier is the first that comes to mind. PJ Fleck is another. Bill Clark. There's coaches out there at G5 schools or lower tier P5 schools that I think are going to stay put because these universities that expect top tier success are recycling coaches at too high a rate.

No one is Bama and Ohio State (and now safe to add Georgia). No one. It's not feasible for a university to say we want to compete for championships right now with what those first 2 are doing and what Georgia will be going forward. Stay, build a legacy, be successful in your world, and don't have to deal with the craziness these wannabe higher tier programs bring.

Why even put yourself in the situation? Look at Herman, Fuentes, Mullen, and some others. Good things at places with lower expectations. All gone and looking for jobs now.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 11-21-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    ^^^^^This^^^^^ Loafers is the real traitor.
    I've never met a more arrogant POS than Scott Stricklin in my life. I loathe that guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Florida is just like Auburn, LSU, Texas, etc. They have boosters who have more money than sense and think they can buy the next Bama. The next coach will fail just like Dan. When you give a coach 4 years and he goes 34-15 with an SEC Championship birth and still fire him then nothing changes. They are right back at square 1 yet again.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    How long does Loafers have? I actually have more ill will towards Scott than CDM??
    Me too! He could've retired at MSU as THE most beloved AD .. 'his' school.

He abandoned us!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Come on guys, we need to think about what this does to Mullen's family. Poor Meagan is going to be deprived of all that brown sugar on Saturdays now!

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Many folks on this board called it when he was hired. He?d last three to four years tops. I?d put money on him landing at UMass by the end of the week.
    I?ll have to find my post. I said 4 if the country club remained in tact. Florida would not put up with that. Strick did. Cohen didn?t. That?s why Donnie Two Gloves left.

Some didn?t believe me when I said Keenum stepped in when JC became AD and told 2 Gloves to break up the CC or GTFO. That or he?d be shown the door.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan85 View Post
    Come on guys, we need to think about what this does to Mullen's family. Poor Meagan is going to be deprived of all that brown sugar on Saturdays now!
    Stupid post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    So have they called Brother Lane yet ??.....BTW I still say he(Mullen) could have had a one loss team if he stayed one more year....
    This. He would have made it to the playoffs I believe. He couldn?t see past the end of his own nose to realize that though.

vCash
    👎👎👎👎👎👎
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    It is kinda creepy they way she invades the players personal space

vCash
    That's just all kinds of wrong....🤣

vCash
    Pretty awesome that they made Dan fire Hevesy before they fired him. And ruthless.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    She kisses players on the mouth.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    You telling me you are cool with a coaches wife kissing players on the mouth getting off the bus?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    You telling me you are cool with a coaches wife kissing players on the mouth getting off the bus?
    One of the shadiest things I've ever seen in college football. It creeps me out.