Thread: Opening Line We?re 2 point Dogs

vCash

Opening Line We?re 2 point Dogs

vCash
    Like the over at 62.5

Banned
    vCash
    Vegas wanting more money on STATE? Is this a bad sign for us?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Like the over at 62.5
    I'd say wait to bet until the weather picture is cleared up. Vegas is saying they think OM wins 33-30

With the way both teams have been playing lately I feel the under is the better possibility especially given bad weather. I'd love to see that number run up to almost 70 pregame and hit the under. A 7 point teaser if the line moves towards ole miss more than -3 makes me very comfortable teasing the under up and adding points to us.

vCash
    I'm amazed at how people still don't know how Vegas works.

They aren't PREDICTING OM to win, or saying they're the better team. They set the money line to balance the money on each side, ie make the average betters split 50/50.

OM is loved by the media, has a better record, and a better ranking. We have home field advantage, and only real CFB fans will know we're better than our record. Frankly, I'm surprised the spread isn't larger.

But again, the Vegas spread and total points is purely based on what Vegas thinks the BETTERS think of the 2 teams. It is not what Vegas thinks of the 2 teams

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

They aren't PREDICTING OM to win, or saying they're the better team. They set the money line to balance the money on each side, ie make the average betters split 50/50.

OM is loved by the media, has a better record, and a better ranking. We have home field advantage, and only real CFB fans will know we're better than our record. Frankly, I'm surprised the spread isn't larger.

But again, the Vegas spread and total points is purely based on what Vegas thinks the BETTERS think of the 2 teams. It is not what Vegas thinks of the 2 teams
    Thank you. Good post.

vCash
    Mississippi hasn?t scored more than 31 in their last 6 games. Two of which were against Liberty and Vandy. And only 2 games were on the road. At Tennessee, they scored 31 and at Auburn, they scored 20. If we are loud Thursday, we can shake them.

This game will come down to our offense. If we can protect Will, we win this game somewhat easy. If he?s getting pressured constantly, we lose. I say 38-27 good guys

vCash
    Oh heck I'm taking that bet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

What difference does it make? It's the same outcome weather Vegas is betting or Vegas is posting what all the other betters are betting. BTW the line is usually pretty accurate. Having said this I am not a better myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    What difference does it make? It's the same outcome weather Vegas is betting or Vegas is posting what all the other betters are betting. BTW the line is usually pretty accurate. Having said this I am not a better myself.
    the line is usually "accurate" because if it WASN'T accurate some smart dude would write a predictive algorithm that is, use it to spot Vegas lines that are wrong, and clean house betting accordingly. Vegas lines have to be pretty close to accurate for that reason.

But, general trends of being accurate aside, they still need to balance the betting totals each game, else they lose money... So there is room to move the line in favor of the team that general bettors view highly.

Think of how Miami was ranked #14 preseason, despite doing nothing to earn it. If Vegas set the Miami opening line accurately, betters would go "But Miami is the #14 best team in the country! They'll do way better than that Vegas line implies" and load up on that side. SO even though Vegas probably knew Miami wasn't actually #14, they had to set the line as if they were because betters thought they were. Helmet ranking and bias has to be accounted for. Lines are accurate for 2 teams nobody gives a shit about, because media hype and helmet rankings don't bias the betters
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 11-21-2021 at 01:22 PM.

vCash
    We're -2 now at a few places. The OM -2 was badly off.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college...dds/las-vegas/
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    The lines are accurate also because we’ve got some corrupt officials on the take who make sure the final score falls in line with the oddsmakers IMO.

Nfl is ridiculous with this.

vCash
    Checkout the Fl Flastate lines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    Mississippi hasn?t scored more than 31 in their last 6 games. Two of which were against Liberty and Vandy. And only 2 games were on the road. At Tennessee, they scored 31 and at Auburn, they scored 20. If we are loud Thursday, we can shake them.

This game will come down to our offense. If we can protect Will, we win this game somewhat easy. If he?s getting pressured constantly, we lose. I say 38-27 good guys
    Do not underestimate Matt Corral and his running ability. He is supposedly healthy now, at least that's what is being said. He has not been running of late trying to get healthy. Their offense is completely different when he can run.