Thread: Ahoy!

vCash

Ahoy!

Long time reader here, but first time poster.
    I've been deployed overseas for the past 8 years (Navy) and haven't had a chance to catch my breath and say hello.
    Now I do and I will.

When the seas got rough and long days were the norm, I would log on to check out how my dawgs were doing.
    That provided much needed morale, or would make me want to bang my head against the bulkhead.
    Win, Lose or Tie, I'm with my Dawgs until I die!

Just wanted to drop in and greet everyone.

Ahoy and Hail State!
    Oh Yeah... GTHOM!
    "I do have a Viking axe by the bed, if I need to whack someone. My wife bought me a Viking axe.
    The axe side curls down so you can grab the adversary around the neck and you can use it to climb walls, as a grappling hook."

-Mike Leach on Home Defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDawg View Post
    Long time reader here, but first time poster.
    I've been deployed overseas for the past 8 years (Navy) and haven't had a chance to catch my breath and say hello.
    Now I do and I will.

When the seas got rough and long days were the norm, I would log on to check out how my dawgs were doing.
    That provided much needed morale, or would make me want to bang my head against the bulkhead.
    Win, Lose or Tie, I'm with my Dawgs until I die!

Just wanted to drop in and greet everyone.

Ahoy and Hail State!
    Oh Yeah... GTHOM!
    Welcome.... Now go get me my gear, squid!

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Ah geez, lol. You guys should really come with a warning label.
    Good to see another servicemember on here.
    "I do have a Viking axe by the bed, if I need to whack someone. My wife bought me a Viking axe.
    The axe side curls down so you can grab the adversary around the neck and you can use it to climb walls, as a grappling hook."

vCash
    Thanks navy now you got the Jarheads all rowled up, and there are alot of them here.

vCash
    Land Ho!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Thanks navy now you got the Jarheads all rowled up, and there are alot of them here.
    I serve with a lot of them and we jab each other all the time.
    As long as everyone here agrees that Ole Miss is the Milli Vanilli of the SEC, then I can get along just fine. lol
    Last edited by ScubaDawg; 11-19-2021 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    Spent my last 4 years in the Navy riding old submarines out of Pearl Harbor. Aloha and hail State.
    Only good marine is a SUBMARINE!

vCash
    I have 2 more years left and no more deployment for me. since covid started and all these natural disasters keep occurring i have only been home 3-4 months. I was in a bad accident coming home from Hurricane Ida i had worked 40 straight 12-14 hour days and ran a 4 way in Hollandale Ms due to fatigue.

vCash
    Never been on a sub, nor gotten my dolphins, but my grandfather was a torpedoman's mate during WW2.
    He's my inspiration for swearing in.
    Takes a different kind of person to be on a sub.
    Much props to ya.
    Aloha.

vCash
    Where are you stationed now? I'm in Pearl Harbor.
    I hope you are recovering well 99jc
    Last edited by ScubaDawg; 11-19-2021 at 09:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDawg View Post
    Where are you stationed now? I'm in Pearl Harbor.
    I hope you are recovering well 99jc
    I've been out 22 years, was in 91-99. Was a nuke MM. Back in good old south Mississippi now, 'round Hattiesburg.

vCash
    Welcome and thank you for your service.