Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan Wetzel on Miami

vCash
    Kiffin ain't leaving for Miami imo, and Altmeyer won't be Ole Miss's QB next year. They will get a transfer like Rattler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And Florida is not Florida of the 1990's.
    Ehh Urban had Florida as good as ever not that awful long ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Kiffin ain't leaving for Miami imo, and Altmeyer won't be Ole Miss's QB next year. They will get a transfer like Rattler
    Not sure what happens with Kiffin but there's a lot of smoke and you know the saying....

It's clear that at the very least he's on the market and having gone through that as a State fan the past decade that's a horrible feeling. They had it made in the shade with Hugh Freeze (who I also think is a better coach) as that dude would've been a lifer and I would be willing to bet by the time he hung his hat up there he'd have won it all. If only he'd made better personal choices. Same with Petrino at Arkansas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Not sure what happens with Kiffin but there's a lot of smoke and you know the saying....

It's clear that at the very least he's on the market and having gone through that as a State fan the past decade that's a horrible feeling. They had it made in the shade with Hugh Freeze (who I also think is a better coach) as that dude would've been a lifer and I would be willing to bet by the time he hung his hat up there he'd have won it all. If only he'd made better personal choices. Same with Petrino at Arkansas.
    I personally think Kiffin knows people view him as a 1 year and bolt type of guy, so I think he wants to change that. I think he knows he'll never be mentioned among the elite until he stays somewhere and builds a program. I may be totally wrong on that, but that's what I think. Now, I think he's also smart enough to know his reputation could lead to a huge overpayment by Ole Miss if he plays his cards right. So I expect there to be a lot of smoke, that leads to Ole Miss giving him a massive raise, and Kiffin staying for a while. I think he can win consistently at Ole Miss, although he doesn't worry me near as much as Freeze did when he was reeling in top 5 classes.

Hopefully I'm wrong, Kiffin bolts, Ole Miss hires a lemon, and is lost in the wilderness for about 30 years while we ride the pirate ship to heights unseen.....but I have a feeling that may not happen ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Where is the guy who had all the napier info when we need him?
    Where is Bert Stare when you need him****

vCash
    I forgot his name. I betcha he know all the info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Lane ain't leaving Ole Miss for Miami.
    I don't think he'd be leaving Ole Miss for Miami.

I think he could leave Oxford for Miami though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Ehh Urban had Florida as good as ever not that awful long ago.
    That's a decade and 3 coaches ago - an eternity in CFB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    He better take the best offer he gets now, that 2022 roster isn’t looking like much to win with…and Altmeyer is your qb.
    This is the correct answer. He knows he loses 16 starters and has no qb on the roster currently. If I were him I'd absolutely be looking hard.

That said, I actually like lane for the most part when he stays above the childish antics. And we will see how good that offense is next year without the best qb in the country.

vCash
    Kiffin is more than about football, his life style is important and money talks. I don't think he cares what anyone thinks about him, football coach or his personal life.

Miami would be more private for his lifestyle only because of populations and more places to go to.

vCash
    If Da U offers , Lane is gone...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    If Da U offers , Lane is gone...
    I could actually see Da U being a place that Kiffin went & stayed for 10 years. Seems like a fit
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    And the rumors this morning are the Miami AD candidates have all asked for Manny to be fired -they do not want to inherit him - and Dan will be fired if Florida loses to Mizzou Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    And the rumors this morning are the Miami AD candidates have all asked for Manny to be fired -they do not want to inherit him - and Dan will be fired if Florida loses to Mizzou Saturday.
    Lincoln Riley rumors, Lsu offered $96 million over 8 years. Wow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Kiffin will be the head coach at Miami starting next season. Mark it down. Or?Ole Miss will greatly over pay to keep him and in a couple years be upside down in their investment on a coach who doesn?t want to be there anymore
    This is the most likely scenario IMO......Miami won't pay like a SECW school......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Yeah but I think Kiffin could reap the benefits of UF and FSU both being down (WAY DOWN).
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Doesn’t Miami have horrible buy-in from the admin and investment into the program pretty low? If so, I wouldn’t take that mess?
    They just fired part of their issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    This is the most likely scenario IMO......Miami won't pay like a SECW school......
    Miami can pay whatever they want. They've got the support to go big now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I don't think he'd be leaving Ole Miss for Miami.

I think he could leave Oxford for Miami though.
    Bingo! It's more than football for Lane. Also remember there's no state income tax in Florida .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Miami can pay whatever they want. They've got the support to go big now.
    If Miami has the support to put emphasis on football again, they can poach Lane. Miami isn't what it once was, but they are also in the ACC so he won't have to deal with a gauntlet during the regular season. I'm just not sure if they're willing to do that. Two things they have in their favor are Mississippi's four year limit on contracts and FLorida's lack of state income tax. Neither of those things are huge, but if Miami isn't quite willing to pay crazy SEC money, it can close the gap.

Lane is paying essentially 5% in come tax in Mississippi, so that's $250k a year. And all the expenses Florida hits you with other than an income tax Lane is already paying because of having a house down there. So if Ole Miss is willing to pay $7M a year for 4 years, and Miami is willing to pay $5M a year for 6 years, You talking about a the equivalent of $26,600,000 contract after state taxes from Ole Miss compared to making $20M over the next four years at Miami, plus having another two years on your contract, and Lane gets to unload a house in Oxford, and he doesn't have to spend a bunch of money flying back and forth to where he actually wants to be. I think if that's the deal, Lane probably stays at Ole Miss. People just tend to not leave that much money on the table.

But you move Miami's offer to $6M over 5 years, and you're looking at $24M in the first four years plus another year on the contract, plus all the other benefits of being in Miami, and that is probably something that goes Miami's way.