Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Riley talk is interesting...

vCash

Lincoln Riley talk is interesting...

May be rumored but seems to be something going on at Oklahoma, could he really be interested in the Lsu job?

vCash
    I like it. Start a good rivalry between LSU and Oklahoma before Oklahoma even joins the sec

vCash
    I think Mike Detillier probably had the best point I have heard on this. Lincoln right now is the big dog recruiter in the Big 12. When he comes to the SEC he will be at best the 5th or 6th best. Come to LSU and you will be the 2nd or 3rd best. I think he realizes that it comes to down to talent accumulation. I still think it ends up being Dave Arranda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think Mike Detillier probably had the best point I have heard on this. Lincoln right now is the big dog recruiter in the Big 12. When he comes to the SEC he will be at best the 5th or 6th best. Come to LSU and you will be the 2nd or 3rd best. I think he realizes that it comes to down to talent accumulation. I still think it ends up being Dave Arranda.
    Since 2017 - Oklahoma Average recruiting ranking - 8
    LSU Average recruiting ranking - 8

vCash
    I think it may just come down to money.

Im hearing LSU will pay him $13 million???? of course he's coming if he gets a 10 year deal like jimbo he has 130 million guaranteed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Since 2017 - Oklahoma Average recruiting ranking - 8
    LSU Average recruiting ranking - 8
    Well the majority of LSU recruits come from LA while Okie has been Texas with a mixture of recruits from other states.

vCash
    I guess Lane has his eye on Miami/Florida jobs. He was a fan favorite up till a week or two ago. Jimbo looks locked in at A&M. Mel Tucker looks locked in at MSU North.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I guess Lane has his eye on Miami/Florida jobs. He was a fan favorite up till a week or two ago. Jimbo looks locked in at A&M. Mel Tucker looks locked in at MSU North.
    Gonna be completely unbiased. If I was him , since Ole Miss worships him. Id make them break the bank for me and tell them 9 million per year or I'm leaving and they'd do it.

Could Miami come even close to that number? I know Florida could though but I just don't see him taking Miami .
    I 100% seeing him taking Florida though

If Scott Striklin called him after mullen loses to Missouri , kiffin wouldn't coach the dang egg bowl

vCash
    Florida is a better job, more resources. Miami although a private school has some very wealthy donors/alums who can write a check. Although their funds dried up when booster fraudster Evan Shapiro was imprisoned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Gonna be completely unbiased. If I was him , since Ole Miss worships him. Id make them break the bank for me and tell them 9 million per year or I'm leaving and they'd do it.

Could Miami come even close to that number? I know Florida could though but I just don't see him taking Miami .

If Scott Striklin called him after mullen loses to Missouri , kiffin wouldn't coach the dang egg bowl
    Kiffin could coach at OM the rest of his life if he wanted. He'd have them perennial top ten. He'd never make the playoffs though.

I'm not ruling out Miami b/c the talent in Florida is insane but he'd for damn sure take the Florida job. And Dan losing to Mizzou this Saturday is entirely possible.

vCash
    Oklahoma will be a perennial 8-4, 9-3 team in this league - you don't want to be the HC that has to take that blame.

vCash
    Also, Lincoln Riley may be the most overrated coach in the country. And that is about to get exposed. Think about it - he out talents every team he plays in the regular season and they struggle more often than they should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Kiffin could coach at OM the rest of his life if he wanted. He'd have them perennial top ten. He'd never make the playoffs though.

I'm not ruling out Miami b/c the talent in Florida is insane but he'd for damn sure take the Florida job. And Dan losing to Mizzou this Saturday is entirely possible.
    I think the only reason Miami is a threat is because Kiffin likes south florida. They're not going to outpay Ole Miss at the end of the day. They might sweeten the pot with a longer deal. If they offer $5M a year for 8 years, that's hard for Ole Miss to match with a 4 year deal. I'm just not sure Miami wants to make that kind of commitment.

vCash

Lane's #1 choice is Miami. It's about location for him- not schools
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I think the only reason Miami is a threat is because Kiffin likes south florida. They're not going to outpay Ole Miss at the end of the day. They might sweeten the pot with a longer deal. If they offer $5M a year for 8 years, that's hard for Ole Miss to match with a 4 year deal. I'm just not sure Miami wants to make that kind of commitment.
    I really think that its gonna come full circle for OM fans when they busted out laughing when mullen left to go to Florida
    Just for 4 years later mullen gets fired and former MSU athletic director Scott Striklin steals their coach.

vCash
    I really think that its gonna come full circle for OM fans when they busted out laughing when mullen left to go to Florida
    Just for 4 years later mullen gets fired and former MSU athletic director Scott Striklin steals their coach.
    Yeah, that's gonna sting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He left Boca for oxford.

ETA: I don't really care either way.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 11-17-2021 at 04:04 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    How did a thread about Lincoln Riley turn into another thread about Lane Kiffin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    How did a thread about Lincoln Riley turn into another thread about Lane Kiffin
    "Some can't help themselves"**

So back to the topic, Riley to Lsu, maybe. I think it would be a good hire myself.