Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Riley talk is interesting...

vCash
    I am not convinced Riley is as good as the media would have us believe. Something just gives me pause about him, can't put my finger on it.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I am not convinced Riley is as good as the media would have us believe. Something just gives me pause about him, can't put my finger on it.
    Well, he has won lots of games and seems to be a top ten program every year. Not sure why you think he isn't a good Coach. I will say it's typical Big 12 football not to have decent defenses.

vCash
    He left Boca for oxford.

ETA: I don't really care either way.
    Huge difference in level of program. Not so with Fla and Miami
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    In Riley's case he was giving the keys to a Lambo and he hasn't wrecked it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Gonna be completely unbiased. If I was him , since Ole Miss worships him. Id make them break the bank for me and tell them 9 million per year or I'm leaving and they'd do it.

Could Miami come even close to that number? I know Florida could though but I just don't see him taking Miami .
    I 100% seeing him taking Florida though

If Scott Striklin called him after mullen loses to Missouri , kiffin wouldn't coach the dang egg bowl
    Do you know how beautiful that melt would be? the entire week they would all be walking about trying to figure out why their beloved head coach just bolted on them. and then they get absolutely creamed in the egg, then they loose all their recruits, then they get the death penalty because they suck so bad and no one wants to watch them anymore.

vCash
    Riley is a better coach than Miles and O- and they won titles at LSU.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That is truth!

vCash
    Agreed
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    To me the big issue I think for Oklahoma long term is going to be changing how/who they recruit to compete in the SEC.

Right now the draw is they are likely to go 11-1 or 12-0 every year and be in the hunt for the playoff. But they aren't built to play an SEC schedule every week.

When you move over to the SEC, you aren't the biggest kid on the block anymore. Oklahoma isn't Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M, or LSU. They walk in the conference to me as the 5th best situation and it's going to take years for them to try and change that and adjust to the SEC.

Re-establishing a school in a new conference sounds like the task a coach like Riley won't want. Too many variables that can affect his perception amd cause him to potentially lose his job.

If I were him I take LSU.

vCash
    Oklahoma and texas have by far the greatest talent in the big12 and it ain't even close and lincoln will always stumble against a baylor or tcu etc who have worse talent than Mississippi state.

He does the least with the most in the conference , yeah they always win 10 games but when you have a top 10 recruiting class every year and you are losing to schools that arent even top 35 in recruiting ....

Prediction is he gets to lsu and goes 9-3 a few years and gets canned cause he cant beat saban

vCash
    No argument there. Lincoln Riley at LSU would be a homerun hire, imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Oklahoma and texas have by far the greatest talent in the big12 and it ain't even close and lincoln will always stumble against a baylor or tcu etc who have worse talent than Mississippi state.

He does the least with the most in the conference , yeah they always win 10 games but when you have a top 10 recruiting class every year and you are losing to schools that arent even top 35 in recruiting ....

Prediction is he gets to lsu and goes 9-3 a few years and gets canned cause he cant beat saban
    Maybe it's just me, but I would love to have a Coach who has never lost more than 3 games in a year, his record is 54-9. Now he does have a hard time winning bowl games, Oklahoma will be ok in the Sec, but it will be tougher for them going forward with much better competition.

I also think Riley to Lsu would be a homerun hire.

vCash
    I think there are quite a few current coaches that could win national titles at LSU. The trick is finding the guy that can win multiple titles and win consistently.
    There are currently five active head coaches that have won titles - and one of them is Ed Orgeron. Only two have won multiple titles. The biggest reason is because of Saban but I also think most coaches don't have the drive that they had early in their career when they start making tens of millions of dollars.
    I think a question that coaches need to start asking themselves is "Where do I want to be coaching when Saban retires?" and LSU would be a great place to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    To me the big issue I think for Oklahoma long term is going to be changing how/who they recruit to compete in the SEC.

Right now the draw is they are likely to go 11-1 or 12-0 every year and be in the hunt for the playoff. But they aren't built to play an SEC schedule every week.

When you move over to the SEC, you aren't the biggest kid on the block anymore. Oklahoma isn't Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M, or LSU. They walk in the conference to me as the 5th best situation and it's going to take years for them to try and change that and adjust to the SEC.

Re-establishing a school in a new conference sounds like the task a coach like Riley won't want. Too many variables that can affect his perception amd cause him to potentially lose his job.

If I were him I take LSU.
    This just sounds like wishful thinking

vCash
    That's depressing, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Kiffin could coach at OM the rest of his life if he wanted. He'd have them perennial top ten. ..
    I believe you are under-rating Corrall. He is a special QB. Kiffin and the OC have done a great job, but I have seen nothing in either in-game decisions or recruiting to think they will be "perennial top ten."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Kiffin could coach at OM the rest of his life if he wanted. He'd have them perennial top ten. He'd never make the playoffs though.

I'm not ruling out Miami b/c the talent in Florida is insane but he'd for damn sure take the Florida job. And Dan losing to Mizzou this Saturday is entirely possible.
    Da 17 you say. OM isn't a perennial top ten team regardless of the coach. Put that pipe down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    How did a thread about Lincoln Riley turn into another thread about Lane Kiffin
    It's a whole lot of wishful thinking. Some have literally convinced themselves that he'll jump ship ASAP, with little to zero proof. Like a lot of things in life, if it's said over and over, it becomes reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Da 17 you say. OM isn't a perennial top ten team regardless of the coach. Put that pipe down.
    Yeah, it?s a stretch. Kiffin needs a good QB to run his offense. He?d still be the best head coach ole miss ever had though.

vCash
    Lane's #1 choice is Miami. It's about location for him- not schools
    Kiffen mentioned yesterday during his interview with Finebum that he still owns a house in Boca Raton.