Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fourth Place Playoff Team

vCash

Fourth Place Playoff Team

Prepare as this is a long post, but based on these results which I think are well in the realm of possibility and personally I think this will end up being the results. It?s about to get pretty chaotic. I evaluated the top 13 teams remaining schedules along with Pitt because I think they win out and win the ACC. No one else has a chance barring some craziness As you will see, it is very likely a 2 loss team will make it. This is pretty much with all favorites winning except Auburn beating Bama in Iron Bowl

UGA wins out, Ohio State wins out, Notre Dame wins out because their last two opponents are bad. . Now we have team 4. Here are the options

Oregon with 2 losses (Utah and Stanford), Pitt with 2 losses (Western Michigan and Miami) Oklahoma and Oklahoma State with two losses (Ok State wins bedlam then OU wins big 12 champ), Ole Miss with 2 losses (Bama and Auburn), Cincinnati with 1 loss (Houston), Michigan with 2 losses (Ohio State and Mich State). Michigan State with 2 losses (Ohio state and Purdue) So who does the committee pick? I would assume Oregon because of the OSU win but it will be interesting to see. If Oregon loses twice to Utah that will make it more interesting

Baylor will eliminate themselves Saturday losing to 7-3 KSU in Manhattan.

Wake will eliminate themselves losing to Clemson Saturday @ Clem and Pitt in ACC championship.

Bama will eliminate themselves losing iron bowl and to UGA

vCash
    Stopping reading here....

Ole Miss with 2 losses (Bama and Auburn),

they will have 3 losses and not be in the discussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Prepare as this is a long post, but based on these results which I think are well in the realm of possibility and personally I think this will end up being the results. It?s about to get pretty chaotic. I evaluated the top 13 teams remaining schedules along with Pitt because I think they win out and win the ACC. No one else has a chance barring some craziness As you will see, it is very likely a 2 loss team will make it. This is pretty much with all favorites winning except Auburn beating Bama in Iron Bowl

UGA wins out, Ohio State wins out, Notre Dame wins out because their last two opponents are bad. . Now we have team 4. Here are the options

Oregon with 2 losses (Utah and Stanford), Pitt with 2 losses (Western Michigan and Miami) Oklahoma and Oklahoma State with two losses (Ok State wins bedlam then OU wins big 12 champ), Ole Miss with 2 losses (Bama and Auburn), Cincinnati with 1 loss (Houston), Michigan with 2 losses (Ohio State and Mich State). Michigan State with 2 losses (Ohio state and Purdue) So who does the committee pick? I would assume Oregon because of the OSU win but it will be interesting to see. If Oregon loses twice to Utah that will make it more interesting

Wake will eliminate themselves losing to Clemson Saturday @ Clem and Pitt in ACC championship.

Too many assumptions here. There is literally 0% chance all of your assumptions come true. Just let it play out. Are you just working yourself up hoping Ole Miss doesn't sneak in?

vCash

Ole miss sitting at #12 rn has no shot to be top 4 so that's just out. No team that did not play for the conference championship game will make it

I think you just getting yourself worked up at the possibility ole miss slides in, there is 0% chance that bama loses the iron bowl. 0%

My final 4 are these

1. 12-1 bama
    2. 12-1 Ohio state
    3. 12-1 Georgia
    4. 13-0 Cincinatti

Georgia wins the national title but I think in the sec championship they are about to face the most motivated nick saban and Alabama ever with so many people saying they cant beat georgia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Too many assumptions here. There is literally 0% chance all of your assumptions come true. Just let it play out. Are you just working yourself up hoping Ole Miss doesn't sneak in?
    I am just going off the schedule and who will most likely be favored and who I think is going to win the games. I only put Ole Miss on there because I included all the 2 loss teams. I don?t think Ole Miss would be picked over a big 10 team with 2 losses, it?s more so for visibility. Everyone else will have 3. The only upset I picked was Auburn. Utah is favored against Oregon and Clemson is favored over Wake. Ok State will be favored at home over Okla and then I doubt they beat them twice in a row. Auburn usually wins the Iron Bowl at home lately as they are 3-1 against them there lately. I think the Baylor/KSU spread is about even but Baylor plays bad on the road.

vCash
    I literally thought the same thing. If 1 of those teams doesn't have 2 losses then they are in besides cincy.

Oklahoma state is the most underrated team in the country, I watched the OK state vs Iowa state game and there was terrible officiating in that.

vCash
    I am just going off the schedule and who will most likely be favored and who I think is going to win the games. I only put Ole Miss on there because I included all the 2 loss teams. I don?t think Ole Miss would be picked over a big 10 team with 2 losses, it?s more so for visibility. Everyone else will have 3. The only upset I picked was Auburn. Utah is favored against Oregon and Clemson is favored over Wake. Ok State will be favored at home over Okla and then I doubt they beat them twice in a row. Auburn usually wins the Iron Bowl at home lately as they are 3-1 against them there lately. I think the Baylor/KSU spread is about even but Baylor plays bad on the road.
    0% shot auburn wins the iron bowl. 0. TJ Finley is Garbage... pure garbage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I will be honest I don?t know the extent of Nix injury is he done for the year? If so I will pick Bama, but that will still leave a 2 loss Bama team vs a 2 loss Oregon team and a 2 loss Oklahoma team. So the committee is going to have a tough decision

vCash
    I will be honest I don?t know the extent of Nix injury is he done for the year? If so I will pick Bama, but that will still leave a 2 loss Bama team vs a 2 loss Oregon team and a 2 loss Oklahoma team. So the committee is going to have a tough decision
    Nix had surgery sunday. He is done

vCash
    He already had surgery, pretty sure.

vCash
    Oregon won't be an underdog to Utah, but they could definitely lose. Should be a close game.
    Oklahoma St. should be Texas Tech and Oklahoma/Iowa State could go either way, but Oklahoma is the favorite. Either could win the head to head... a lot to play out here.
    Cincinatti will not be an underdog to Houston. Probably a 10 point favorite.
    The teams I didn't mention will all have some toss up games.

None of your individual predictions too far out there, but the odds of it playing out exactly this are close to 0%. It's a nice hypothetical, but not exactly what is going to happen.

vCash
    Nix is done for the year and should have been out of the game much earlier than he was. That dude is a warrior, never question his willingness to go out there and do his best.

Finley is the QB for the rest of the year, even the bowl game unless they have a 3rd guy. They are still good enough at running the ball and defensively to beat the Gamecocks but have no shot at Bama with Nix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Oregon won't be an underdog to Utah, but they could definitely lose. Should be a close game.
    Oklahoma St. should be Texas Tech and Oklahoma/Iowa State could go either way, but Oklahoma is the favorite. Either could win the head to head... a lot to play out here.
    Cincinatti will not be an underdog to Houston. Probably a 10 point favorite.
    The teams I didn't mention will all have some toss up games.

None of your individual predictions too far out there, but the odds of it playing out exactly this are close to 0%. It's a nice hypothetical, but not exactly what is going to happen.
    Utah is currently a 3 point favorite over Oregon. I think they are favored because it?s at home and they have been playing better than Oregon lately. Oregon has kind of been going through the motions and doing just enough since losing to Stanford

vCash
    Utah is currently a 3 point favorite over Oregon. I think they are favored because it?s at home and they have been playing better than Oregon lately. Oregon has kind of been going through the motions and doing just enough since losing to Stanford
    Do a 10 pick parlay, and let us know how it goes. Lol. My point is there is no way to predict any of this.

vCash
    Do a 10 pick parlay, and let us know how it goes. Lol. My point is there is no way to predict any of this.
    I?m not saying these predictions will be 100 percent right. I am just going off the fact that based on this situation happening which is not far fetched considering I?ve picked almost all favorites except Houston then there is a good chance a 2 loss team makes it. Now that I know Nix is out I revised the Auburn pick but it still leaves Oregon, Bama, Pitt, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State with 2 losses and if these are all 2 loss teams it will make it tough for the committee to pick.

vCash
    You're right, my bad. I figured it'd be close, but I didn't expect Oregon to be the dog.

vCash
    Who is going to QB that Auburn team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Correct and their All-American kicker "Carlson" is also out for the year. He was hurt on that onside kick and is done. Kickers, SMH............
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Who is going to QB that Auburn team?
    Finley. The LSU transfer

vCash
    SEC
    1. Georgia beats Bammer & finishes 13-0
    2. Alabama 11-1 loses @UGA & finishes 11-2 (lost @A&M)

PAC
    3. Oregon 10-1 loses (1 of 2) vs Utah & finishes 11-2 (lost @Stanford)

B1G
    4. Ohio St 9-1 loses 1 of :Mich St, Mich or Wisky & finishes 11-2 (lost to Oregon)
    6. Michigan 9-1 loses 1 of: Ohio St or Wisky & finishes 11-2 (lost @Mich St.)
    7. Mich St 9-1 loses 1 of: Ohio St, PSU, or Wisky & finishes 11-2 (lost @Purdue)

INDEP
    5. Cinci 12-0 finishes 13-0
    8. Notre Dame 11-1 (lost to Cinci)

BIG12
    9. Okie St 10-1 loses 1 of 2 to Oklahoma & finishes 11-2 (lost @ISU)

Taking a stab at it (provided the above comes to fruition):

#1 UGA 35 #4 N Dame 10
    #2 Cinc 17 #3 Bammer 38
    Last edited by TUSK; 11-17-2021 at 11:29 PM.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17