Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this concern you?

vCash

Does this concern you?

We all know the sharts will go to any length to win. Any chance they try to pull a Fitzgerald on Rogers during the egg bowl?

vCash
    It'll be more difficult considering Fitz was a running QB and put his body in situations to have that happen more than Rogers does. The only way they could possibly do it to Rogers is if it's on a sack.

Banned
    vCash
    It's always a concern when playing those assholes. Would be interested knowing the bounty is.

vCash
    Worry is for the faint of heart. Ain't nobody got time for that!

vCash
    Kiffen doesn't seem like the type to allow stuff like that - or at least not encourage it like Fat Matt did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Kiffen doesn't seem like the type to allow stuff like that - or at least not encourage it like Fat Matt did.
    Yeah, I'm sure their defensive coordinator would never do anything to actually hurt someone.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure their defensive coordinator would never do anything to actually hurt someone.***
    I forgot about Durkin - I actually think that makes it more likely that they wouldn't try anything like Luke's bounties. Durkin wants to be a HC again, he wouldn't risk it on something stupid at OM.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    We all know the sharts will go to any length to win. Any chance they try to pull a Fitzgerald on Rogers during the egg bowl?
    I don't think Kiffin will allow it. Kiffin respects Leach & doesn't care enough about this rivalry to allow that
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I'm not for "dirty play" but it's football which is a contact sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I'm not for "dirty play" but it's football which is a contact sport.
    I'm not for dirty play either but I am for "revenge". Roll that MF'ER Corral.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Y'all know if we get a clean hit on Corral, and unfortunately injure him, the sissy blue army will lose their freaking minds over it. It will be labeled "payback" for Fitz.

vCash
    I don't know about that, but this game certainly isn't like the others. Like always, our players better come out fired up. You can't win the egg bowl coming out playing a gentleman's game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I'm not for dirty play either but I am for "revenge". Roll that MF'ER Corral.
    Nothing wrong for aggressive football. I'm not for targeting any players.

vCash
    I am not for targeting and hurting any player on purpose. Nothing pisses me off more than some dude trying to injure another one on purpose.

I saw High School kids trying their dead level best to break a kids leg one year in the East Webster vs Vardaman game. They came back high fiving when they finally knocked him out of the game.

One would hold the Left Tackle up and the other would go at his leg trying to break it for and not one thing was said or a single flag thrown. I was so pissed and it was two my team's players doing it and they only would do it when they were on the home team side of the ball and our coaches were perfectly aware of it. A bunch of sorry ass human beings in my opinion, injuring kids on purpose just to win a damn game. ****ers should have been taken out and had their legs broke, including the East Webster coaches for allowing it. You know that shit has been going on for years, it's not like they don't watch the game films.

How these coaches and players justified their behavior is beyond me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    "Must spread some rep around."

But I agree with Brunswick. Between nobody on either coaching staff caring that much about the rivalry, and Durkin not wanting to become toxic, I don't think they'll want any targeting. Of course, I am guessing coaches weren't involved with Fitz either. It was either just a dirty player or possibly a booster offering a player some incentive. I'd assume it's more likely the former but certainly boosters that are giving money under the table to players already care about football at a level most people don't understand, so it's not unfathomable that one or more of them also offered a bounty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    If they do that we break corral's ankle too

vCash
    The only thing to be concerned about here is the amount of folks that actually think this is even worth talking about.

vCash
    I'm more concerned about an OM player lifting up his leg and pissing on our players and then we miss the winning field goal! ****************

vCash
    Luke is gone. I don't think they will be near as likely to try it now.

vCash
    Like my Dad always says it is a violent game, no one should be trying to injure or hurt someone with a cheap shot. But, you best believe I want everyone on that field trying to defeat the will of the person across from them, when you make a tackle that running back better be thinking "that hurt and I don't want anymore of that for 60 minutes."