Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does this concern you?

vCash
    No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Luke is gone. I don't think they will be near as likely to try it now.
    Luke was a POS who maybe encouraged that. I don't think Kiffen would encourage a cheap shot like they did on Fitz.

vCash
    Those types of POS players up there are gone now. Kiffin definitely wants to win the EGG Bowl, but I don't see him doing anything dirty to win it, especially against CML I think that type of mentality left when a coach and those players left.

vCash
    I don't see the animosity between the coaches or the players as it once was. Make no mistake, it is a violent game and guys get hurt but I don't see the cheap shots continuing under either of these coaches, ours or theirs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I don't see the animosity between the coaches or the players as it once was. Make no mistake, it is a violent game and guys get hurt but I don't see the cheap shots continuing under either of these coaches, ours or theirs.
    Yep. This will be a very physical game but no one is going to hurt anyone maliciously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yep. This will be a very physical game but no one is going to hurt anyone maliciously.
    Which is exactly what you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    It'll be more difficult considering Fitz was a running QB and put his body in situations to have that happen more than Rogers does. The only way they could possibly do it to Rogers is if it's on a sack.
    Will has GOT to make quick decisions/throws. Sam WIlliams is gonna get to him a few times, and when he does, he will have bad intentions.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    We all know the sharts will go to any length to win. Any chance they try to pull a Fitzgerald on Rogers during the egg bowl?
    I am not worried about it. Go back and look at how many QBs Ole Miss put out of the game that year. It was something like 5. They were being taught to do it in 2017. Say whatever you want about Kiffin, but his teams do not have that mentality. Now he may hold like a mother 17er on run plays, and coach it that way, but not intentionally injuring players. It just hasn't happened under him, point blank.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I am not worried about it. Go back and look at how many QBs Ole Miss put out of the game that year. It was something like 5. They were being taught to do it in 2017. Say whatever you want about Kiffin, but his teams do not have that mentality. Now he may hold like a mother 17er on run plays, and coach it that way, but not intentionally injuring players. It just hasn't happened under him, point blank.
    This. Ole Miss had a mother****ing shithead of a coach that season. A true piece of shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This. Ole Miss had a mother****ing shithead of a coach that season. A true piece of shit.

Yeah, he would do anything to try to win and he had a few players who would carry out his dirty crap. That type of culture is gone up there now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Will has GOT to make quick decisions/throws. Sam WIlliams is gonna get to him a few times, and when he does, he will have bad intentions.
    Add Chance Campbell (the transfer LB from Mayland) with Williams. Going into the TAMU game he had a team leading 74 tackles, with 10.5 for a loss and 6 sacks. Campbell has really been a positive addition for the OM defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I'm worried about that, also. Their no. 7 on our no. 78 isn't a good match. We need to come out ready to play-not like the Auburn game where Arnett and Leach had to call a timeout because of our poor play. I'm also concerned about our DB's against their W/R's. Our D/B's have gotten beat too many times this year..

vCash
    I never believed it was the Ole Miss coaches who encouraged the broken ankle on Fitzgerald. I always assumed some alumni had put a price tag on Nick after he ran all over them in Oxford the previous year. if so, I'm sure that alumnus is still around for a game with bigger stakes for them. I think a bounty on Will is a legitimate concern, especially now that Rogers has ramped up his game.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Kiffen doesn't seem like the type to allow stuff like that - or at least not encourage it like Fat Matt did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I'm worried about that, also. Their no. 7 on our no. 78 isn't a good match. We need to come out ready to play-not like the Auburn game where Arnett and Leach had to call a timeout because of our poor play. I'm also concerned about our DB's against their W/R's. Our D/B's have gotten beat too many times this year..
    Gotta stick to Drummond like glue. Make some other wr beat you.

They will have Drummond in the slot and he will have a field day with our poor safeties.

vCash
    Someone may have expressed this previously but I'd be more concerned that Ole Miss boosters had offered a bounty to TSU players to take Will out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdawg View Post
    I never believed it was the Ole Miss coaches who encouraged the broken ankle on Fitzgerald. I always assumed some alumni had put a price tag on Nick after he ran all over them in Oxford the previous year. if so, I'm sure that alumnus is still around for a game with bigger stakes for them. I think a bounty on Will is a legitimate concern, especially now that Rogers has ramped up his game.
    I promise that if that happens, matt corral will get his conerly in a ****ing wheelchair

vCash
    I want a clean and fair game but if those pos's try something like that ever again...