Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ranked at #25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Except that one game is kinda big... and frankly, they've beaten auburn who we beat. Who have we beaten that's so great? We have 2 ranked wins now if you do it like they did in the Mullen era. Nc state and Texas A&M.
    A&M's only true road win is at Mizzou. A&M didn't even score an offensive TD at home vs Auburn. They're not a good team
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    The SEC is only getting one CFP this year. We will have the SEC loser in the Sugar and no matter what the egg bowl outcome OM will be in a NY6 bowl game. Arky or A@M Citrus and Aubbie, KY and us fighting over the outback/
    Arky will be 4-4 in the SEC. We'll be 5-3

I don't think OM at all gets a NY6 with an Egg loss.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    When did Kirby choke? I missed that

Tua's pass beat them- but nobody thought Georgia was better than Bama that year

Georgia is the best team in the country. If they dont win it- then this year would be a choke
    Did you watch either game?

They were ahead 28-14 late in the 3rd quarter in the SEC Championship and ahead 20-7 late in the 3rd quarter in the National Championship.

I don?t about you, but to me, if you are up two touchdowns late in the third quarter, in the two most important games of the season, and lose both games, you choked.

And I fully expect it to happen again, although I would love to be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    There?s only 1 game that matters and it?s on thanksgiving night ?

Also , I think Arkansas would beat A&M once again if they played at a neutral site. So I think they should be ranked closer or above A&M ?

Egg bowl is all that matters now
    They should be ranked ahead of them Bc you think they would win again? They should t be ranked ahead of them now that's for sure .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I think you've got this one figured wrong... Georgia's offense isn't gonna get it done
    Ga's offense doesn't make them a sure thing against bama. But they will be in the playoff no matter.. but offense is an issue still to me at least... but I do the ink they are the best team. But not bama of last year or lsu of 19 Bc of lack of offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    A&M's only true road win is at Mizzou. A&M didn't even score an offensive TD at home vs Auburn. They're not a good team
    So our we suck?? That's our best win. You know that right?? So bi polar you are

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BhamDawg View Post
    Did you watch either game?

They were ahead 28-14 late in the 3rd quarter in the SEC Championship and ahead 20-7 late in the 3rd quarter in the National Championship.

I don?t about you, but to me, if you are up two touchdowns late in the third quarter, in the two most important games of the season, and lose both games, you choked.

And I fully expect it to happen again, although I would love to be wrong.
    Choke is a stupid word in both of those cases. So auburn choked?? Or we just beat their ass?? Choking occurs. But greg Norman isn't here in this convo

vCash
    Choke is a stupid word in both of those cases. So auburn choked?? Or we just beat their ass?? Choking occurs. But greg Norman isn't here in this convo
    Exactly. Going into the games- nobody thought Georgia was the better team. I look at it as Kirby outcoached Saban as long as he could but eventually the talent took over. You can only outcoach someone so long when they have better talent. All you can do is hope to run out the clock
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

Cool

I'm glad you cats asked for Tusk's take on the CFP********

Think it through.....

GIVENS:

1. UGA beats both CHSO and wins @Ga Tech
    2. Alabama beats Arkie and wins @Aubie (sans Bo Nix)
    3. Oregon beats Stanford and ORG St
    4. Ohio State
    5. Cinci beats SMU and wins @ECU
    6. Michigan wins @MD
    7. Mich State
    8. Notre Dame beats Ga Tech and wins @Stanford
    9. Okie State wins @Tx Tech

Assuming all the GIVENS are true, this in the CFP Rank, Team and Remaining Schedule:

1. Georgia 12-0 vs Alabama in SECC
    2. Alabama 11-1 @Georgia in SECC
    3. Oregon 10-1 @Utah, then Utah (again) in PACC
    4. Ohio State 9-1 vs Mich State, Michigan, then Wisky in B1GC
    5. Cinci 12-0 vs Houston in AKCC*
    6. Michigan 9-1 vs Ohio St, then Wisky in B1GC
    7. Mich St 9-1 vs Ohio St, PSU, then Wisky in B1GC
    8. Notre Dame 11-1
    9. Okie St 10-1 vs Oklahoma, and then vs Oklahoma (again) in BIG12C

Now, for the fun part:

DIG IT:

1. Georgia beats Bammer & finishes 13-0
    2. Alabama 11-1 loses @UGA & finishes 11-2 (lost @A&M)

3. Oregon 10-1 loses (1 of 2) vs Utah & finishes 11-2 (lost @Stanford)

4. Ohio State 9-1 loses 1 of :Mich St, Mich or Wisky & finishes 11-2 (lost to Oregon)
    6. Michigan 9-1 loses 1 of: Ohio St or Wisky & finishes 11-2 (lost @Mich St.)
    7. Mich St 9-1 loses 1 of: Ohio St, PSU, or Wisky & finishes 11-2 (lost @Purdue)

5. Cinci 12-0 finishes 13-0

8. Notre Dame 11-1 (lost to Cinci)

9. Okie St 10-1 loses 1 of 2 to Oklahoma & finishes 11-2 (lost @ISU)

and, lastly, "REC does werk".....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Georgia is said to have 20 projected draft picks on the DEFENSIVE 2-deep. Not on their 2-deep. The DEFENSIVE 2-deep.

Bama is top 4 but they will have 2 losses because Georgia is simply the best team in the country this year. Plus, the SEC Championship game will be a home game for Georgia. Georgia is the going to win the NC this year.
    That defense is just amazing to watch if you like that, the speed and precision that they execute things are just so well done. They are very seldom out of position, and the DBs are so good.

vCash
    It depends on which version of choke. If you mean self inflected by getting food stuck in your throat or did someone put their hands on your throat and choked you. Self inflected choking in football is making mistakes with, miss tackles, penalties and bad special team play. The other choke is like what State did Saturday. They put their hand on their throat and choke the ever living shit out of Auburn.

vCash
    So, what are the possible Top 25 losses Saturday to move us up some?

Banned
    vCash
    How tf do you think someone out coaches someone when the other guy makes a comeback. What kind of stupid take. Did we not just fellate Leach and Arnett for showing resolve and coaching our team into making a comeback. You get a quick lead, you're the better gameplanner. If you hold that lead and win, you can say you out coached them. You blow that lead, then you did not out coach them.

Are we gonna sit here and act like Harsin outcoached Leached until the vaunted Mississippi State talent took over? Harsin held on for as long as he could?

Someone needs to make a stop at Dunkin' because their coffee got something funky in their mix causing them to say stupid things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    So, what are the possible Top 25 losses Saturday to move us up some?
    #23 Utah hopefully against Oregon
    #22 UTSA possible against UAB
    #21 Arkansas against Bama
    #18 Pitt could lose to Va
    Maybe Memphis will beat #24 Houston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Arky will be 4-4 in the SEC. We'll be 5-3

I don't think OM at all gets a NY6 with an Egg loss.

In the scenario that state wins the egg bowl

If Alabama beats Georgia YES, both will be in the playoff , that is not a debate, Georgia is not falling from #1 to #5 unless they get beat 55-7

and with the rankings that happened.. If A&M beats LSU they go to the sugar in that scenario

vCash
    They should be ranked ahead of them Bc you think they would win again? They should t be ranked ahead of them now that's for sure .
    That doesn't matter.

On September 5th in jerryworld the Arkansas razorbacks beat the texas a&m aggies 20-10
    Arkansas is 7-3
    Texas a&m is 7-3

When they have the same record and play in the same conference/division and have played each other also. You have to rank the winner ahead. If you do it for Oregon you have to do it for everyone.

Committee is putting teams where they want them, not based on anything.
    I thought they did it very well the 1st rankings but then wtf is Michigan doing ahead of Michigan state 2 weeks after losing to them.

vCash
    In the scenario that state wins the egg bowl

If Alabama beats Georgia YES, both will be in the playoff , that is not a debate, Georgia is not falling from #1 to #5 unless they get beat 55-7

and with the rankings that happened.. If A&M beats LSU they go to the sugar in that scenario
    Ole miss could be ranked ahead of a&m but also remember that this committee just makes shit up so they could rank a 9-3 a&m ahead of a 9-3 ole miss

vCash
    Can't believe somebody thought we were still in the running for a berth in the Sugar Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Can't believe somebody thought we were still in the running for a berth in the Sugar Bowl.
    We are not anymore because of the ranking but yes it was a possibility depending on the ranking.

" a fOuR lOsS tEaM cAnt mAkE tHe sUgAr BoWl"

Ladies and gentleman I present to you the 2016 auburn tigers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_A..._football_team

but because of a&m being way too high that has destroyed it. yes if we played a&m again we would win and Arkansas would win too.
    I thought that the committee threw out the Memphis game because remember in the first rankings we were 3 loss team ahead of 2 loss Kentucky and NC state who we had beaten

vCash
    Gonna be honest .
    I think that will be the most motivated saban/ bama you will ever see come out and play Georgia

This is locker room fuel for saban
    Maybe, but it won't matter.