Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimbo Pulls 5* RB in LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Historically speaking Ok is a bigger/better job than LSU.
    Not in the last generation- which is what is most important. LSU has 3 NC's in the last 17 years
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    By the media yes, but you get better players at LSU. Oklahoma has been historically propped up by their schedule
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Not in the last generation- which is what is most important. LSU has 3 NC's in the last 17 years
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    By the media yes, but you get better players at LSU. Oklahoma has been historically propped up by their schedule
    I'd probably agree with this but Ok is close again and they're one of original blue bloods. Them, Bama, USC at top of historical list for most part IMO. When Ok moves back to SEC that will help them IMO. But yea ... LSU is strong now, there probably is more talent in La than any other state, and LSU can own all that if they have good coach.

ETA: USC has fallen way off the map tho. Not sure what's up out there cause if they got a good coach they probably could own West Coast recruiting. Not sure tho since Oregon or Washington might be equally desirable locations now since USC is in LA.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-16-2021 at 11:04 AM.

vCash
    Yea, but Lincoln Riley wouldn't be presented a choice to take a historic job. He'd be presented a choice of taking a job at a place where the last three coaches (two of them not exactly shining stars) have won national championships and that is the dominant program in a decent sized state that produces possibly the most NFL talent per capita in the nation, or Oklahoma, another admittedly great job, but one that one its last championship over two decades ago and has coasted in the Big 12 but been mostly unable to get by top SEC teams. Again, I don't think that Riley is going to jump to LSU if offered, but if you're comparing the two, the only argument for Oklahoma is that it's got an easier path to the playoffs playing in the Big 12, and that's about to change. Possibly you can argue that their fans are saner, but it's been so long since they've struggled in the big 12, it's hard to say.

vCash
    I'd probably agree with this but Ok is close again and they're one of original blue bloods. Them, Bama, USC at top of historical list for most part IMO. When Ok moves back to SEC that will help them IMO. But yea ... LSU is strong now, there probably is more talent in La than any other state, and LSU can own all that if they have good coach.

ETA: USC has fallen way off the map tho. Not sure what's up out there cause if they got a good coach they probably could own West Coast recruiting. Not sure tho since Oregon or Washington might be equally desirable locations now since USC is in LA.
    OU and UT are moving to SEC to try to remain relevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    OU and UT are moving to SEC to try to remain relevant.
    Not arguing. Without a doubt CFB revolves around SEC now.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    He's probably doing same thing Saban/Bama are doing but NCAA will bust Jimbo for it. Especially if he becomes a threat to Bama domination.
    Who do you think Jimbo learned from?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Who do you think Jimbo learned from?
    Yea ... I know. Doesn't mean SEC/NCAA won't bust him if he threatens Saban's dynasty. Part of my point was that Jimbo might modify it slightly around the boundaries to make sure he don't get busted, although I can't really see him reining it in like that.

vCash
    Bo Bounds is a Bo Bounds fan first and foremost. He is a State fan second. As for his business, He could do a better job of placating to Ole Miss and their money by ignoring the rumors of Kiffin leaving. However my OM friend believes Bounds is the number one stirrer of Kiffin leaving. Funny what people hear.

I listen to his show most days. He talks up State every single day. I don't know what more he could do other than play the fight song every commercial break. Today he mentioned Leach to Oklahoma And today was the first I've heard of that from him. He has mentioned Kiffin leaving for anywhere for months now.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-16-2021 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    He's an MSU fan that doesn't respect the MSU program. It's almost like some Ole Miss person is paying him to pump Leach for other jobs.

Makes no sense why an MSU alum would act like Bo is acting on this. It's awful & is a microcosm of the issues with our state. Some MSU booster needs to call in & tell him to shut this crap down

He's inventing Leach to Oklahoma on the fly just to create controversy. Why would an MSU fan do that?
    Why are there Rino's? You know those big grey animals with the horn?
    Last edited by Percho; 11-16-2021 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Bo Bounds is doing his best this morning to make people worry about Leach going to Oklahoma. It's pretty sad what he's doing.
    I don't get these rumors or the worry about them. No big name program wants Leach and they never will.

vCash
    He's an MSU fan that doesn't respect the MSU program. It's almost like some Ole Miss person is paying him to pump Leach for other jobs.
    He's inventing Leach to Oklahoma on the fly just to create controversy. Why would an MSU fan do that?
    the almighty dolla bill. Almost all of us are loyal to the green over anything else.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    the almighty dolla bill. Almost all of us are loyal to the green over anything else.
    That's what I meant.

vCash
    I am not sold Lincoln Riley is such a great coach. I think he does a good job but it is hard to judge because outside of maybe Ok State and Texas there is not a team in the whole big 12 that has near the talent of OU. I think the SEC should?ve picked up Ok State instead of Texas because dealing with Texas is a nightmare and their program is miles behind both Oklahoma schools in the past decade.

vCash
    Bo got his name on this message board today. His business accomplished the Mission.

vCash
    Bo Bounds is doing his best this morning to make people worry about Leach going to Oklahoma. It's pretty sad what he's doing.
    You could have stopped at Bo Bounds.....

vCash
    Jimbo isn’t Leaving AM for less money so if LSU is stupid enough to pony up that much cash for that guy then so be it..

vCash
    I think they are on the same level tbh.

LSU was not what it is now.

Before saban, they were in that mid tier, behind bama, auburn, florida, tennessee, Georgia

Now since Tennessee fell off the map in the mid 2000's, LSU is in that club now after saban built it up.

Current SEC has a few tiers

tier 1 is Alabama, Georgia, and LSU
    tier 2 is Auburn, Florida, Texas a&m
    tier 3 is Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss St, and possibly south carolina
    tier 4 Missouri, kentucky

Vandy is the doormat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I think they are on the same level tbh.

LSU was not what it is now.

Before saban, they were in that mid tier, behind bama, auburn, florida, tennessee, Georgia

Now since Tennessee fell off the map in the mid 2000's, LSU is in that club now after saban built it up.

Current SEC has a few tiers

tier 1 is Alabama, Georgia, and LSU
    tier 2 is Auburn, Florida, Texas a&m
    tier 3 is Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss St, and possibly south carolina
    tier 4 Missouri, kentucky

Vandy is the doormat
    I see in the next coming years that Texas A&M will replace LSU in the tier 1 ( If LSU whiffs the hire)

vCash

Above the mason dixon, Pro sports just mean way more to them than college and its not even close.