Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carson Williams

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    That is good news on the RT. That's one.. Now to find that LT that we don't think we have.

I think it's really hard for a JuCo tackle to come in and be good right away. The speed of the game is just too different but....

Transfers are a bit different. You can get one of those that has been practicing a lot against quality opposition and even played in games as a backup or even a graduate transfer that has been playing and would have two years left due to Covid.

I am still hoping that they can get a guy trained up to do it that is currently on the roster. There is lots of training time and growing time between now and then and they have gotten some pretty good prospects the last couple years. I am not giving up on them finding a guy that can play that is already here.
    If someone on our roster is playing LT for us next year then someone has made the biggest jump of any OL I've ever seen or something went terribly wrong.

vCash
    My hope for LT is we find a guy in the portal that's a low end draft pick that we can show them Charles Cross and say "Hey, that can be you if you come here for one year."

That position is my biggest worry next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    If someone on our roster is playing LT for us next year then someone has made the biggest jump of any OL I've ever seen or something went terribly wrong.
    I mean, is it reasonable to think we're going to find an adequate LT that isn't on campus right now? Our best hope is that we find a better version of Lashley. A highly rated recruit that got passed by at a blue blood school by an even more highly rated, younger recruit, and that wants a clear path to a starting job. I just don't know how likely it is there is going to be an LT like that in the portal and that we're going to land them. We should be attractive as far as being an SEC team with a wide ass opening at LT, but there will probably be more teams that can claim that or something similar than there are adequate SEC LTs in the portal.

JUCOs are usually not ready right off and I'm not sure if we have any highly rated prospects we're looking at anyway.

Just seems like next year is ripe to be derailed by us not having an SEC quality lineman at LT.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I mean, is it reasonable to think we're going to find an adequate LT that isn't on campus right now? Our best hope is that we find a better version of Lashley. A highly rated recruit that got passed by at a blue blood school by an even more highly rated, younger recruit, and that wants a clear path to a starting job. I just don't know how likely it is there is going to be an LT like that in the portal and that we're going to land them. We should be attractive as far as being an SEC team with a wide ass opening at LT, but there will probably be more teams that can claim that or something similar than there are adequate SEC LTs in the portal.

JUCOs are usually not ready right off and I'm not sure if we have any highly rated prospects we're looking at anyway.

Just seems like next year is ripe to be derailed by us not having an SEC quality lineman at LT.
    I think it's a lot easier after having an AA & future Top 10 pick to show off perspective portal kids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Can anyone name our 2nd string LT as of now?
    It's Nick Jones #66, juco tx from EMCC

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think it's a lot easier after having an AA & future Top 10 pick to show off perspective portal kids.
    Interesting back and forth between you two on left tackle issue. IYOK: how do you like our portal chances on an outside big nasty?