Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carson Williams

Banned
    vCash

Carson Williams

This kid will be a serviceable replacement on the offensive line next year. Mark it down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    This kid will be a serviceable replacement on the offensive line next year. Mark it down
    More info??

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I'll take that bet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I'll take that bet
    Chicken in the bread pan picking out dough

-Charlie Daniels
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 11-15-2021 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Uhh, nope

vCash
    Another one of your Scott county boys. He was a reach and is a good candidate that ends up transferring out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Another one of your Scott county boys. He was a reach and is a good candidate that ends up transferring out.
    but he said "mark it down", though....that means is solid, right?**

vCash
    I'll take that bet
    Who do we have that can potentially play on the line next year? Do we have a young OT that we think is going to progress enough to at least be as good as Lashley? And what are the options for LT? As bad as it looks?

ETA:

With zero knowledge, my uneducated guess is:

LT -- ????
    LG - Kam Jones
    C - Cole Smith
    RG - Dollar Bill
    RT - Albert Reese

It's a little concerning looking at the depth chart, knowing that somebody that can't beat out Lashley this year is likely going to have to play LT next year.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 11-16-2021 at 11:05 AM.

vCash
    Kam Jones can play RT as well or better than Lashley. But yea I'd like to keep him at guard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Who do we have that can potentially play on the line next year? Do we have a young OT that we think is going to progress enough to at least be as good as Lashley? And what are the options for LT? As bad as it looks?

ETA:

With zero knowledge, my uneducated guess is:

LT -- ????
    LG - Kam Jones
    C - Cole Smith
    RG - Dollar Bill
    RT - Albert Reese

It's a little concerning looking at the depth chart, knowing that somebody that can't beat out Lashley this year is likely going to have to play LT next year.
    I'm not mad that they didn't just throw a True Fr out at RT just because. We have to get a solid LT but the interior will be solid with Cole, Kam, & Dolla. I think Kam is our Center next year. I think Reese will grow into the role. He'll have ups & downs Bc he'll be a RS FR but his ceiling his huge. We have to find a LT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Kam Jones can play RT as well or better than Lashley. But yea I'd like to keep him at guard.
    He's not better than Lashley at RT.

vCash
    I'm not mad that they didn't just throw a True Fr out at RT just because. We have to get a solid LT but the interior will be solid with Cole, Kam, & Dolla. I think Kam is our Center next year. I think Reese will grow into the role. He'll have ups & downs Bc he'll be a RS FR but his ceiling his huge. We have to find a LT.
    I'm not mad about not playing a true freshman. I just think it's unlikely that anybody that couldn't take Lashley's spot this year is going to improve enough in the off season to be a solid option at LT next year. I'm less concerned about RT. It is conceivable to me that a young player this year just wasn't ready but is going to improve enough to replace Lashley next year. But if the guy that gets to be as good as Lashley is forced to play LT, and we downgrade at RT also, that seems like a recipe for getting pressure with 3 again next year, which makes the 3-8 a hard obstacle to overcome again.

vCash
    The OL is going to take a step back next year. There are no 2 ways around it. Replacing both OT's wont be easy
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The OL is going to take a step back next year. There are no 2 ways around it. Replacing both OT's wont be easy
    Losing a Top 10 draft pick will do that.

vCash
    Is there any Tackles in the portal right now? Hopefully we go that route.

vCash
    Need to go portal or juco

There are quite a few lineman in the portal.

vCash
    No offense to the kid, but no he won't.

We reached in a big way on him. At the time, we had his HS and Juco teammate committed to us too, but he flipped to LSU. So we reached on him for nothing basically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Need to go portal or juco

There are quite a few lineman in the portal.
    Is the Co Lin OT that is committed to oregon a possible flip to us maybe?

vCash
    I like the former four stars who don’t start and transfer out of the blue chip programs like Bama, Clemson, Ohio state. Good players but frustrated playing behind a future Nfl first rounder.

Several good lineman are in that position.

vCash
    Replacing cross will be pretty much impossible.

Replacing lashley won't be be near as hard. Very doable.