Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which former RB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I'd say Dicenzo Miller. Guy was awesome out of the backfield. Take a look at this TD catch against BYU. The vid is bad but he was a heck'uva back for JWS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm-_Yv333x4
    The days of D Miller and if only we could have had a cleaned up, head on right, ...... Dontae Walker
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Banned
    vCash
    Bowling ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    WALTER PACKER
    Walter Packer was good-very good. Extremely fast.

vCash
    I believe the best answer may be Keffer McGee. Hard runner, and good receiver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I know the sample size was small but oh what could have been with Nick Turner. Kid was electric with the ball in his hands and he could catch it too. He would've been the perfect fit for this offense. He just happened to have played on some horrible teams (JWS's last two years). If I'm not mistaken he was murdered and so was Darren Williams. Both were kicked off the team not long after Croom arrived.
    Nick Turner wouldn't have made it 1 week with Leach before getting booted, but yeah his skill set was perfect for this offense.

As others have said, Norwood and Miller are probably the right answers with their hands and ability after the catch, but I also think Boobie would have excelled under Leach. He had great hands, was tough, and was always the most excited to play, something Leach values. I think he would be an elevated version of what we're seeing from DJ now.

vCash
    Kieffer McGee - I remember him in the Peach Bowl as a freshman?. He was one of the best out of the backfield I have seen.

vCash
    As mentioned above: Walter Packer/Keffer McGee

vCash
    Hunter Kimball received the most votes of any All-Southern halfback in 1914.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    WALTER PACKER
    👍👍👍👍👍👍
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbugs View Post
    I believe the best answer may be Keffer McGee. Hard runner, and good receiver.
    This is the one, best vision of any back I?ve ever seen play, tragically we lost him to soon. With his vision, ability to see cut back lanes, ability to catch the and toughness he would have been lethal in this offense.

Banned
    vCash
    Boobie / JRob would be Dillon Johnson on steroids.

The key to success in this offense's run plays is running with purpose and punishing the smaller defenders / falling forward. You can tell when a run play is going to be successful (especially with Jo Marks) by how tentative they are when they get handed the ball. The beauty of Boobie was that he would run through a brick wall regardless. And he wasn't terrible at catching passes. I'd enjoy him falling forward every dump off and turning 2-3 yard gains into 5-6 yard gains by power through and falling forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Norwood and Miller.

ETA: I love our backs now but the 2 above would be taking some plays to the house.
    Either would be great but Miller just had a little wiggle in the open field after catching a pass that was special. He had that cut back against the grain and a burst not measured in a 40 time but only came out when he got the ball.

Norwood is explosive anywhere he gets it. Pure speed.

vCash
    I know he was a FB but since I don't see his name tossed around much I think Justin Griffith would compliment this offense well.

vCash
    Ode Burell-played for Oilers and . was very fast made the Pro bowl in 1965
    Last edited by tcdog70; 11-16-2021 at 09:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    This is a tough one considering how different the schemes are for most. I think JJ Johnson, Miller, and Norwood are solid choices. I know he?s not ours, but since he was brought up, Dexter McCluster would have been out of this world in this scheme. I kinda wonder how old school backs like Michael Davis would have faired. With limited people in the box, Davis could block and might be hell to stop for less than 5 ypc. Question would be how well he could catch, and I was a bit too young to remember much more than him being a battering ram.
    I think the old school backs would be in some ways be even better for this offense, as long as they could catch. They might not be as big of a threat for a big play, but how bad would it suck for DBs having to come make solo tackles against them when they tried to go zone. The right answer is probably Norwood, but I would love to see how somebody like Boobie fared. He still had good speed and a little bit of evasiveness, but I think in some of our shitty stretches where we were dumping off to a lot of RBs behind the line of scrimmage, some of those DBs would have gotten tired of coming up and having to tackle Boobie and he would have gotten some YAC that our current backs couldn't get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I think the old school backs would be in some ways be even better for this offense, as long as they could catch. They might not be as big of a threat for a big play, but how bad would it suck for DBs having to come make solo tackles against them when they tried to go zone. The right answer is probably Norwood, but I would love to see how somebody like Boobie fared. He still had good speed and a little bit of evasiveness, but I think in some of our shitty stretches where we were dumping off to a lot of RBs behind the line of scrimmage, some of those DBs would have gotten tired of coming up and having to tackle Boobie and he would have gotten some YAC that our current backs couldn't get.
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I know he was a FB but since I don't see his name tossed around much I think Justin Griffith would compliment this offense well.
    What would he do? Would he stand around and say “nice catch” or “good job”? Would he say “that’s a great play call”?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    What would he do? Would he stand around and say “nice catch” or “good job”? Would he say “that’s a great play call”?
    ?

vCash
    Norwood would?ve been perfect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boot View Post
    Norwood would?ve been perfect.
    Are you the Boot from Scott Co? Used to drive a black Camaro?