Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which former RB

vCash

Which former RB

would you like to see in this Offense. Me I would've like to see Brandon Hollaway in the o. No more running him up the middle 3 times in a row. Here BR would do what we always wanted; get him the ball in space and let him run wild. He would have been another Dexter McCluster.

vCash
    Norwood and Miller.

ETA: I love our backs now but the 2 above would be taking some plays to the house.

vCash
    Norwood would be sick in this offense. Perk would've been good too.

vCash
    JJ Johnson

vCash
    Kylin Hill, without the attitude. Kinda cheating I guess, since he did have the attitude, but he had special abilities against a 1 on 1 in the open field.

vCash
    This is a tough one considering how different the schemes are for most. I think JJ Johnson, Miller, and Norwood are solid choices. I know he?s not ours, but since he was brought up, Dexter McCluster would have been out of this world in this scheme. I kinda wonder how old school backs like Michael Davis would have faired. With limited people in the box, Davis could block and might be hell to stop for less than 5 ypc. Question would be how well he could catch, and I was a bit too young to remember much more than him being a battering ram.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Kylin Hill, without the attitude. Kinda cheating I guess, since he did have the attitude, but he had special abilities against a 1 on 1 in the open field.
    Kylin would be special in this version for sure
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Norwood is pretty much the answer no matter the offense. Croom's offense was probably the worst fit for him of any you could imagine, and he was incredible in it with no talent around him.

vCash
    IDK, I think Anthony Dixon would have about 11 YPC even if he only got 6-7 carries. He was a pretty decent pass catcher too.

vCash
    Boobie for sure, Vick Ballard. There's a lot of good ones

vCash
    Dixon was more about running over you than around you.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Perkins. Ole miss still hasn?t covered him on a wheel route

vCash
    Holloway's game speed always seemed like somewhat of a myth to me. I remember him getting run down by linebackers on some of the few occasions he did have the ball in some space. I think more than anything his toughness and good attitude just made him the best man for the job when we were scraping the bottom of the barrel; not sure he ever had the level of athleticism that many assumed.

My answer based on recency bias would be Kylin. The LSU game last year shows what an absolute monster he'd have been with the right attitude in this offense once it found its feet.

vCash
    WALTER PACKER

vCash
    Boobie showed he could catch a lot more in his last year and in the nfl. So for sure him.
    But Norwood would be my top choice for ones we really dont know.
    JJ would be my 3rd...

vCash
    I picked Holloway because I always wanted to see what he could do on the dumpoffs and the wheel routes; something Muls never would let him do. He was shifty/ Now I'm surprised nobody picked Dicenzo Miller. Whenever he got into space he was gonna at least get you 20 yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    WALTER PACKER
    This is the correct answer...

vCash
    I'd say Dicenzo Miller. Guy was awesome out of the backfield. Take a look at this TD catch against BYU. The vid is bad but he was a heck'uva back for JWS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm-_Yv333x4
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I picked Holloway because I always wanted to see what he could do on the dumpoffs and the wheel routes; something Muls never would let him do. He was shifty/ Now I'm surprised nobody picked Dicenzo Miller. Whenever he got into space he was gonna at least get you 20 yards.
    I believe I did pick Dicenzo. Norwood & Miller were my top two for this offense.

vCash
    I know the sample size was small but oh what could have been with Nick Turner. Kid was electric with the ball in his hands and he could catch it too. He would've been the perfect fit for this offense. He just happened to have played on some horrible teams (JWS's last two years). If I'm not mistaken he was murdered and so was Darren Williams. Both were kicked off the team not long after Croom arrived.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)