Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Egg Bowl Uniforms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    I'm pretty sure that isn't how it works. A massive amount of money went into the logos we have now.

And there are just as many who like the current logos as long for the old ones.

I remember state playing not long ago in the 1986 Uni's and most here loved it. Made me want to vomit as it brought back some horrible memories.
    I would wager if fans were told we are actually replacing the Banner Mstate on the helmets, you would not have just as many wanting to keep it as those to replace it.
    Massive amount of money on the university logo, yes. But that does not mean the Football helmet cannot have their own logo. Otherwise then, your comment would mean baseball as to ditch M over S because the university put so much money into Banner Mstate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    If we come out in the interlocking MSU, the fans are going to lose their freaking minds, and we will never go back to the M-State.
    Would anybody even notice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Anybody heard anything?

Maroon and Gold maybe?
    BRING BACK SOME GOLD MAN!!!!! PIRATE BOOTY!!!!

INTERLOCKING GOLD MSU BOOTY!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Would anybody even notice?
    Sure they'd notice. Wouldn't care much, but definitely notice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGen View Post
    BRING BACK SOME GOLD MAN!!!!! PIRATE BOOTY!!!!

INTERLOCKING GOLD MSU BOOTY!!!!!!
    As more fans are buying into Leach, the craze and fun will only increase, and we are about to have a few years of fun. Heck yeah !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    As more fans are buying into Leach, the craze and fun will only increase, and we are about to have a few years of fun. Heck yeah !
    YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!

Banned
    vCash
    STATE is where its at and where we're headed. Leach's gear sez so.

Our baseball hats are iconic and will never go away however based on common sense and history. STATE will continue to be seen more on baseball jerseys.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 11-16-2021 at 03:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    STATE is where its at and where we're headed. Leach's gear sez so.

Our baseball hats are iconic and will never go away however based on common sense and history. STATE will continue to be seen more on baseball jerseys.
    This is a good summation, State I don't think will ever invest the large amount of money that the big boys do in football. Once every few years catch lightening in a bottle but not year in and year out. But we are a damn fine baseball program.

Banned
    vCash
    Mississippi has too many syllables for a sports team so STATE is the way to go.

Mods: beat NC State still up there. Rogers for Heisman would be good for a while for now.

vCash
    Mods: beat NC State still up there. Rogers for Heisman would be good for a while for now.[/QUOTE]

Great idea!!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    I'm pretty sure that isn't how it works. A massive amount of money went into the logos we have now.

And there are just as many who like the current logos as long for the old ones.

I remember state playing not long ago in the 1986 Uni's and most here loved it. Made me want to vomit as it brought back some horrible memories.
    There are not nearly as many who like the banner. Almost everyone hates it actually. I’ve seen 3 different polls in the past month that all had thousands of votes and the banner M had less than 10 % of the vote on every single poll. It’s an awful logo that should never have been obtained to begin with and I’m extremely happy we are about to get away from it, oer Steve Robertson.

vCash
    If we come out in the interlocking MSU, the fans are going to lose their freaking minds, and we will never go back to the M-State.
    This is accurate.

vCash
    STATE is about the most generic thing you could ever put on a helmet. We?d look like the those silly Fansville commercials.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travis View Post
    STATE is about the most generic thing you could ever put on a helmet. We?d look like the those silly Fansville commercials.

So you didn't like Leach's gear Saturday ?

vCash
    I like it. But there?s a difference between a handful of coaches on a Mississippi State sideline, and the whole team. If the average sports fan can?t glance at your uniform and know immediately who you are, you?re doing it wrong. What information does STATE convey?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Depends on if it's the "real" MSU or the "graphic blunder" MSJ. IF it's the latter I will lose my mind but not for the reason you are talking about.
    No Signature

Banned
    vCash
    I like it. But there?s a difference between a handful of coaches on a Mississippi State sideline, and the whole team. If the average sports fan can?t glance at your uniform and know immediately who you are, you?re doing it wrong. What information does STATE convey?
    I'm 58 and my non STATE friends have always referred to us as STATE. my Memphis state and TN friends and LSU friends while living in Memphis and New Orleans.

vCash
    ^^^^^^^ This! Except I am 63!

vCash
    And eventually people will come to know it that way. Is there anything identifying on Alabama's jersey? Penn State's? Nebraska? USC? Miami? And on and on.

vCash
    Example for folks that don?t understand that State is a generic term. Maybe this will help Josie and a few others.

What?s your father?s name?
    Dad
    No, not what you call him, what is his name?
    Dad
    What do other people call him?
    Me and my brothers all call him Dad.
    🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You can?t just lay claim to a generic term already in play for others.