Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Egg Bowl Uniforms

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    If we come out in the interlocking MSU, the fans are going to lose their freaking minds, and we will never go back to the M-State.
    That would derail-slow down the push towards 'STATE". Did y'all notice Leach's Gear?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    That would derail-slow down the push towards 'STATE". Did y'all notice Leach's Gear?
    Black sweatshirt with STATE on the front.

vCash
    I get the latest trends with the cool kids is to wear something different every week. Hell, some of these schools switch so much, at first glance of some games, I don't know who is who. Memphis....I don't even know what their regular uniform or helmet decal is anymore.

Switch up all yall damn well want.....just don't lose our identity. We aren't the Pirates. Also, stop the gold EggBowl stuff. Show off our University, not the game.

Anyways..... get off my lawn. hahaha.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-15-2021 at 11:41 AM.

vCash
    No, it wouldn't. Nobody can tell the banner on our logo says STATE.

Banned
    vCash
    No, it wouldn't. Nobody can tell the banner on our logo says STATE.
    Not understanding why you say that.

I do like the interlocking though. I like Walking Bully too.

vCash
    I think you're entirely wrong.
    This ^

On a different note, the first time I saw MSJ I thought it was a typo. But now I can see it's referring to a specific logo. Which one is it? The lRocky/early Jackie one or the late 90s one? For the record I actually like the earlier one better. I was also at the 50yl and for years was part of the Headline News Network lead in graphics.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Banned
    vCash
    Do yall think it's time to stick with a consistent brand hopefully being recognized as STATE eventually? Seems we've flip flopped-changed a lot compared to others over the decades. Or am I wrong on that? Sorry for the Freudian slip on STATE. LOL

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    This ^

On a different note, the first time I saw MSJ I thought it was a typo. But now I can see it's referring to a specific logo. Which one is it? The lRocky/early Jackie one or the late 90s one? For the record I actually like the earlier one better. I was also at the 50yl and for years was part of the Headline News Network lead in graphics.
    ETA I’m Wrong. Early Jackie years.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-15-2021 at 12:55 PM.

vCash
    If we come out rocking the interlocking logo, we're gonna win by 4 TDs at least. Like it's over

vCash
    Do yall think it's time to stick with a consistent brand hopefully being recognized as STATE eventually? Seems we've flip flopped-changed a lot compared to others over the decades. Or am I wrong on that? Sorry for the Freudian slip on STATE. LOL
    Yes, it is time to pick a logo and stick with it - otherwise how can you create a brand (consistent one that is)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Yes, it is time to pick a logo and stick with it - otherwise how can you create a brand (consistent one that is)?
    Mississippi State has... since at least 2009.

https://brand.msstate.edu/identity/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    ETA I’m Wrong. Early Jackie years.
    Yeah, MSJ refers to the late 80s/early 90s logo because the S covered up the left upright on the U, making it look like a J. It's why they changed the logo to not be as bulky and connected the M and the U so you could see that left upright to make it clear it's a U. Personally, I think that criticism of the MSJ was always a little over the top; everyone knows it's a U. I'd be fine with either of those logos, or ideally a more updated version.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

Yeah, they just picked the wrong one. Or it's totally fine as a university brand, but it's just not great for a football team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

Which one? There are many logos even within a single area (or sport).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Pirates vs Sharks, huh? Well, that?s definitely a different take that no one would have seen coming 10 years ago.
    I like it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Steve has hinted that we may wear the old interlocking MSU helmet / late 90s jersey for the egg bowl. Nothing for sure but he has thrown out some bread crumbs to insinuate it may happen.
    That just gives anyone who remembers some of those egg bowls a good vibe and sends a subliminal message for that game. Thanksgiving night at Scott Field, Egg. Dang, what more do you need.

Maybe I'm the odd one but the year we wore the gold was pretty cool. Don't want it all the time but it was good.

vCash
    With the way our Air Raid is moving the ball every week, we should use the Flying M more, at least to reference our passing attack and WR's. Just too much of a perfect match.
    Play the egg bowl with Flying M(or modify it), and run up the score passing.

vCash
    I?m all for ditching the Banner M for a new football only logo, but the Nike era MSU ain?t it. I always thought it looked dated and cheap. The Banner M is a fine all-sports logo but doesn?t really pop on a helmet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travis View Post
    I?m all for ditching the Banner M for a new football only logo, but the Nike era MSU ain?t it. I always thought it looked dated and cheap. The Banner M is a fine all-sports logo but doesn?t really pop on a helmet.
    I'm a fan of both, but I have really grown to like the M-State more and more. The original banner M-State was bad though. The only ones I really despise are the 80's MSJ and the walking bulldog. We had that one and UGA had this mean ass Bulldog, it was really embarrassing.

vCash
    If we come out in the interlocking MSU, the fans are going to lose their freaking minds, and we will never go back to the M-State.
    I'm pretty sure that isn't how it works. A massive amount of money went into the logos we have now.

And there are just as many who like the current logos as long for the old ones.

I remember state playing not long ago in the 1986 Uni's and most here loved it. Made me want to vomit as it brought back some horrible memories.