Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2 cents

vCash

My 2 cents

First off to 7 since I know you are reading this, I will officially cancel the ban bet bc I like you honestly. Dont always agree but thats fine. I never had hard feelings about any of it.

Secondly for anyone who still thinks the offense cant work or that Will isnt the guy you are beyond help. If you think Will just benefits from the system I will leave you with this, if you swapped Corrall and Rogers, OM would be just as good and we would be in trouble. Will could run OMs offense with his eyes closed. One is extremely demanding on the QB, nothing functions at all without him. The other asks him to read one conflict defender or hand it off. Other than that throw it as far as you can. If you cant see that you dont know football as well as you think you do. Also, Will is so much better than Minshew was at this point that it is not even close. Will did not run true air raid in HS. Trust me. I would know. He ran concepts of it but it was mostly RPO stuff with some air raid. Shallow cross Y cross but it is not close to what he is doing now. He handed it off more on power than he did true air raid.

As far as this team goes Leach is one of the best hires in the history of the school. There are going to be frustrating moments but we had plenty of those with Jackie and Mullen. This team should easily be 10-2 and tbh the biggest reasons why we are not are out of our control. We were hosed in 2 games. Plain and simple. We lost to LSU bc we did not play well until late and Alabama kicked our teeth in.

We are going to beat ole miss. If we tackle and sit back and make Corrall beat us and slow down Ealy/Conner it may not be close. Their vaunted offense is not so vaunted anymore. I had been saying that all year but it is what it is. Their best shot is to max protect, put Drummond in the slot on our safeties and sling it deep. Other than that they are in trouble.

The OL was the biggest key to our season and when we put 57 in we got exponentially better. 78 is a head case at this point but he plays hard and the coaches are there every day. If we had someone better they would be in. The WRs grew up after Alabama and they have figured it out. The drop 8 myth is dead. Drop 8 if you want to. 7 and 23 will make you miss and 85 and 24 know where to sit down. 2 is pretty accurate. It does force us to kick FGs we just have to make them or find a way to punch it in on the ground. Win fade balls. The key to stopping us is pressure and being physical with our WRs. OM has one kid who could get pressure but they dont have a soul who is going to cover us or tackle in space. They are going to put 7 on 78 and let it ride.

Defensively we played as bad as you possibly could for about 1 and a half quarters. We could not get lined up nor adjust to save our life. Jett Johnson played by far his worst game. Brule played his best. Give credit to Arnett for making adjustments bc we do not come back if we dont stop Tank and line up. That was the biggest thing. Our safeties are a problem but its just like with 78. If we had anyone else they would be in. I still think we do too much on defense scheme wise but we play hard and make people throw the ball to beat us. We have to find some safeties who can cover if we are going to stay with this look. We are going to have to make Corrall drop back and throw it. We cannot let them gash us and get their tempo going. We are going to win up front and they wont beat our CBS enough to win. I would really love to see 30 come in at safety on passing downs to give us a better chance.

Special teams were better and McCord is giving us all he has. Ruiz is done here.
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 11-14-2021 at 08:56 PM.

vCash
    Forgot to mention, 4 played his best game at State by far. He really stepped up. Idk if he will get those reps he lost to 84 back but he played his ass off and showed his God given talent

vCash
    Great post, Bucky! I love the way this team is coming together. Man I've been wondering why 30 hasn't been playing more since the uk game when he came in for Emerson. He was great in coverage that night and is most assuredly better in coverage than any safety we have. I said after the uk that Cole Smith really made a difference up front and especially in the run game, he's physical as heck and got a mean streak and way less penalties than dolla bill. And for those that call us a finesse team and not physical I sure see a whole lot of opposing players leaving dinged up during games when they're playing us. Looks
    like a bright future. Take care of tsu Saturday and then whip om and get us a good bowl game. This team has been exciting and fun to watch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Great post, Bucky! I love the way this team is coming together. Man I've been wondering why 30 hasn't been playing more since the uk game when he came in for Emerson. He was great in coverage that night and is most assuredly better in coverage than any safety we have. I said after the uk that Cole Smith really made a difference up front and especially in the run game, he's physical as heck and got a mean streak and way less penalties than dolla bill. And for those that call us a finesse team and not physical I sure see a whole lot of opposing players leaving dinged up during games when they're playing us. Looks
    like a bright future. Take care of tsu Saturday and then whip om and get us a good bowl game. This team has been exciting and fun to watch!
    Walley is starting to look like himself again. He is a difference maker and you can tell he is from the woods. He has a lot of fight in him

vCash
    Thanks, my days were numbered haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Walley is starting to look like himself again. He is a difference maker and you can tell he is from the woods. He has a lot of fight in him
    Yeah he's almost 100% again. The ankle is good but the knee still gets him some but he's way better than he was. I've only known him as hard worker, fighter and winner. I'm so glad he's almost back to 100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Thanks, my days were numbered haha
    We cool man we cool this place wouldnt be as good without you

vCash
    Yeah he's almost 100% again. The ankle is good but the knee still gets him some but he's way better than he was. I've only known him as hard worker, fighter and winner. I'm so glad he's almost back to 100%
    I can def tell he is getting closer. He is our dawg when he is rolling but it also think he is getting a lot more help than he was last year

vCash
    I can def tell he is getting closer. He is our dawg when he is rolling but it also think he is getting a lot more help than he was last year
    Yeah we got receivers all over the place making plays. It's crazy the amount of kids we got making plays . Heck jehrnigan even had a big reception out of the backfield yesterday. Polk, Walley, Austin, RaRa, Scooby(who came out of nowhere), Heath, Calvin, our running backs. Auburn literally could not cover anyone we ran out there and they were supposed to have a great secondary.

vCash
    Bucky , you make a good point about putting 30 in the slot on passing downs. That could be one way we stop Drummond.

Banned
    vCash
    Shoulda invested in your two cents a year ago. Bigger gains than Gamestop or Doge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Shoulda invested in your two cents a year ago. Bigger gains than Gamestop or Doge.
    Message board credit doesnt get you much when bills are due

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Yeah we got receivers all over the place making plays. It's crazy the amount of kids we got making plays . Heck jehrnigan even had a big reception out of the backfield yesterday. Polk, Walley, Austin, RaRa, Scooby(who came out of nowhere), Heath, Calvin, our running backs. Auburn literally could not cover anyone we ran out there and they were supposed to have a great secondary.
    We were scoring it didnt matter what they did after half.

vCash
    We were scoring it didnt matter what they did after half.
    Yep and they literally tried everything to stop us.

vCash
    TL;DR

vCash
    First off to 7 since I know you are reading this, I will officially cancel the ban bet bc I like you honestly. Dont always agree but thats fine. I never had hard feelings about any of it.

Secondly for anyone who still thinks the offense cant work or that Will isnt the guy you are beyond help. If you think Will just benefits from the system I will leave you with this, if you swapped Corrall and Rogers, OM would be just as good and we would be in trouble. Will could run OMs offense with his eyes closed. One is extremely demanding on the QB, nothing functions at all without him. The other asks him to read one conflict defender or hand it off. Other than that throw it as far as you can. If you cant see that you dont know football as well as you think you do. Also, Will is so much better than Minshew was at this point that it is not even close. Will did not run true air raid in HS. Trust me. I would know. He ran concepts of it but it was mostly RPO stuff with some air raid. Shallow cross Y cross but it is not close to what he is doing now. He handed it off more on power than he did true air raid.

As far as this team goes Leach is one of the best hires in the history of the school. There are going to be frustrating moments but we had plenty of those with Jackie and Mullen. This team should easily be 10-2 and tbh the biggest reasons why we are not are out of our control. We were hosed in 2 games. Plain and simple. We lost to LSU bc we did not play well until late and Alabama kicked our teeth in.

We are going to beat ole miss. If we tackle and sit back and make Corrall beat us and slow down Ealy/Conner it may not be close. Their vaunted offense is not so vaunted anymore. I had been saying that all year but it is what it is. Their best shot is to max protect, put Drummond in the slot on our safeties and sling it deep. Other than that they are in trouble.

The OL was the biggest key to our season and when we put 57 in we got exponentially better. 78 is a head case at this point but he plays hard and the coaches are there every day. If we had someone better they would be in. The WRs grew up after Alabama and they have figured it out. The drop 8 myth is dead. Drop 8 if you want to. 7 and 23 will make you miss and 85 and 24 know where to sit down. 2 is pretty accurate. It does force us to kick FGs we just have to make them or find a way to punch it in on the ground. Win fade balls. The key to stopping us is pressure and being physical with our WRs. OM has one kid who could get pressure but they dont have a soul who is going to cover us or tackle in space. They are going to put 7 on 78 and let it ride.

Defensively we played as bad as you possibly could for about 1 and a half quarters. We could not get lined up nor adjust to save our life. Jett Johnson played by far his worst game. Brule played his best. Give credit to Arnett for making adjustments bc we do not come back if we dont stop Tank and line up. That was the biggest thing. Our safeties are a problem but its just like with 78. If we had anyone else they would be in. I still think we do too much on defense scheme wise but we play hard and make people throw the ball to beat us. We have to find some safeties who can cover if we are going to stay with this look. We are going to have to make Corrall drop back and throw it. We cannot let them gash us and get their tempo going. We are going to win up front and they wont beat our CBS enough to win. I would really love to see 30 come in at safety on passing downs to give us a better chance.

Special teams were better and McCord is giving us all he has. Ruiz is done here.
    Great post. Had to pull up a roster to follow it
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Im very curious to see what the line opens at next sunday.

vCash
    That was more than 2 cents..... But good post

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    That was more than 2 cents..... But good post
    inflation a sumbitch ain't it?

vCash
    Great post Bucky!

I'm looking forward to the evolution of this program under Leach. We certainly have some blemishes but the lessons we are learning this year both good and bad are going to pay off for us in the long run.

Next year I'm hoping to see more tempo, more wheel routes, and some fly sweeps occasionally. I'm hoping that we add a lot of players to the defense that fit the scheme better. Especially at safety as you mentioned as well as DE/OLB.

And of course get a kicker! I wouldn't be shocked if our kicker next year comes from our tryout this week.