Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dortch Decommits from Mississippi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Heck all you have to do is read Leachs book and listen to his philosophies. He's a freakin pirate. Pirates robbed and spit in the face of elites and blue bloods. Leach loves doing that! He's his own captain and wouldn't deal well with folks at some of these schools telling him how to run his program. I'm sure if he had the desire to coach a blue blood he could've already done it. They're not a fit for him. Now will media try to stir crap up, yes, but Leach unlike others will tell them to piss off.
    TN really screwed up a few years ago when they fired their AD before he could hire Leach. But it is our gain now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Ben Garrett just promised 2 things on his podcast.

Ole Miss will WIN the egg bowl

and

Lane Kiffin Will not leave Ole Miss anytime soon.

Luckily, I kept the receipts for later viewing

I hope Lane stays there another season or 2, and keeps wrecking their roster. He plans to take at least 10 transfers this year. Going for the quick fixes. Then let him leave and a coach come in that has to rebuild the roster.

vCash
    Ben Garrett just promised 2 things on his podcast.

Ole Miss will WIN the egg bowl

and

Lane Kiffin Will not leave Ole Miss anytime soon.

Luckily, I kept the receipts for later viewing

Ben Garrett doesn't have a clue who will win the Egg Bowl just like nobody else does. But unless he is just going to stay quiet then he's going to say Ole Miss will win it.
    Garrett is not Kiffin's agent so he doesn't know what Kiffin is going to do either. Those promises are to make subscribers, followers, etc. happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Heck all you have to do is read Leachs book and listen to his philosophies. He's a freakin pirate. Pirates robbed and spit in the face of elites and blue bloods. Leach loves doing that! He's his own captain and wouldn't deal well with folks at some of these schools telling him how to run his program. I'm sure if he had the desire to coach a blue blood he could've already done it. They're not a fit for him. Now will media try to stir crap up, yes, but Leach unlike others will tell them to piss off.
    He's absolutely fascinating. And I think he is the only one that can truly run the Air Raid like he does too. Everyone else has to add their wrinkles to it. He keeps it simple. The reason he is so calm is because he knows if his team executes no one can stop it. He has found a system that completely levels the playing field and basically neutralizes the other team's defense unless they have Alabama type talent. And no one beats that anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Ben Garrett doesn't have a clue who will win the Egg Bowl just like nobody else does. But unless he is just going to stay quiet then he's going to say Ole Miss will win it.
    Garrett is not Kiffin's agent so he doesn't know what Kiffin is going to do either. Those promises are to make subscribers, followers, etc. happy.
    Especially if they are starting up a new web site because one of their associates got them kicked off of 24/7 for completely making up an interview and then doubling down that the interview really happened.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Especially if they are starting up a new web site because one of their associates got them kicked off of 24/7 for completely making up an interview and then doubling down that the interview really happened.
    LMAO. All over again. Free Fancy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I hope Lane stays there another season or 2, and keeps wrecking their roster. He plans to take at least 10 transfers this year. Going for the quick fixes. Then let him leave and a coach come in that has to rebuild the roster.
    He's not wrecking their roster. Heck, he fixed deficiencies in one season using the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    He's not wrecking their roster. Heck, he fixed deficiencies in one season using the portal.
    When a coach runs off four year players to stack his roster with jucos and grad transfers, it means he’s looking to have a big 1-2 years then get the hell out of dodge before the program implodes. He’s moving on to a bigger program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    When a coach runs off four year players to stack his roster with jucos and grad transfers, it means he’s looking to have a big 1-2 years then get the hell out of dodge before the program implodes. He’s moving on to a bigger program.
    So what would you call last year with our mass exodus of players? Leach was pushing for the changes

vCash
    I see Leach and staff adding four year players and building for the future. I don’t think Kiffin plans on sticking around, and his focus in recruiting kind of reflects that, as does his track record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I see Leach and staff adding four year players and building for the future. I don’t think Kiffin plans on sticking around, and his focus in recruiting kind of reflects that, as does his track record.
    I think the egg bowl is his last game to coach at ole miss tbh. Possibly if they win the egg bowl and get a NY6 he may coach

but the main reason he came to ole miss was that he saw Matt Corral on the roster and said " thats my shot " and came there and knew if he could tweak some things he could win there just enough to get a blue blood calling him again

vCash
    I think the egg bowl is his last game to coach at ole miss tbh. Possibly if they win the egg bowl and get a NY6 he may coach

but the main reason he came to ole miss was that he saw Matt Corral on the roster and said " thats my shot " and came there and knew if he could tweak some things he could win there just enough to get a blue blood calling him again
    Exactly. When he was being considered for various sec hires I researched his record. Kiffin failed pretty miserably at usc and I wasn’t impressed with his fau program. He’s a mercenary and I agree ole miss was a place for a quick rehab of his image and he’s going to be gone.