Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dortch Decommits from Mississippi

vCash
    I could see Washington going after Leach and if Florida and Miami open up they might pursue him as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think he is done unless Scott can save him. Getting rid of Hevesy helps Dan IMO. He'll have to get rid of more guys but if Dan can find some recruiters he may be able to save himself. I believe Florida has some money issues with boosters as well. Which makes their decision to get rid of Grantham and Hevesy make some sense. It shows that Dan is willing to "change". Otherwise I don't see much point in firing people with three games left.
    Scott doesn't have that type of authority or clout concerning the UF football program. If Foley and Spurrier want Mullen gone, then he will be gone. If they want Scott gone then he will be gone. They make the major decisions not the current UF AD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I could see Washington going after Leach and if Florida and Miami open up they might pursue him as well.

I think CML wants to stay in the SEC, and I don't see FL offering him, but if they did, I don't think he would go for Spurrier and Foley telling him what to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travis View Post
    You know who else has a house in South Florida? Just saying?.
    Yeah but Gainesville and Miami are not anything like Key West.....Lubbock, Pullman and Starkville are very similar in fan bases, expectations and lifestyles ....I don't see leach wanting to start over again just when he is getting close with us... we are 3 missed FG from a 9-1 record a NY6 bowl and a third National coach of the Year award for Leach.

vCash

Hey guys,

Not saying this is one of them.....but start watching for the hit pieces (Greg McElroy) and job hopping scenarios - Leach hates Starkville - Wife is not happy - and all he wants to do is be a Parrot Head in Key West! We have won some games that nobody in large majority thought we would win or wanted us to win. Remember this is not College Football but a multi-billion dollar business and when you upset the apple cart.............wellllllll
    Last edited by DAWG1903; 11-15-2021 at 11:40 AM.

vCash
    Miami was dumb as hell to hire Manny in the first place. He's been in over his head since the start. Cut your losses now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    This thread gives me a wool-wood combo. Sorry, my camera ain't working.
    What he said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 17 the plantation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG1903 View Post
    Hey guys,

Not saying this is one of them.....but start watching for the hit pieces (Greg McElroy) and job hoping scenarios - Leach hates Starkville - Wife is not happy - and all he wants to do is be a Parrot Head in Key West! We have won some games that nobody in large majority thought we would win or wanted us to win. Remember this is not College Football but a multi-billion dollar business and when you upset the apple cart.............wellllllll
    Uh...what?
    Last edited by Activated Alpha; 11-15-2021 at 08:39 AM.

vCash
    Hey guys,

Not saying this is one of them.....but start watching for the hit pieces (Greg McElroy) and job hoping scenarios - Leach hates Starkville - Wife is not happy - and all he wants to do is be a Parrot Head in Key West! We have won some games that nobody in large majority thought we would win or wanted us to win. Remember this is not College Football but a multi-billion dollar business and when you upset the apple cart.............wellllllll
    I wasn't aware that Leach and his wife didn't like Starkville.

vCash
    I wasn't aware that Leach and his wife didn't like Starkville.
    Leach sure sounded like he loved Starkville after the game Saturday. The OP is just saying that the media will start to churn the rumor mill (true or false) to keep us from advancing any.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Leach sure sounded like he loved Starkville after the game Saturday. The OP is just saying that the media will start to churn the rumor mill (true or false) to keep us from advancing any.
    I think Leach has done a good job and the future looks very promising.

vCash
    Nah.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Hey guys,

33 total posts folks.

He's getting $5 mil & has his starting QB for 3 more years. His ass ain't going anywhere

Also, remember that this is the same wife that stuck it out in Pullman, WA for 7 years.

Take a hike man. May have to call the enforcer in on you
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Leach won’t go any where, this is his last stop, his last challenge. The fan base is on board and behind Leach now, he isn’t going anywhere. He loves out of the way college towns like Lubbock, Pullman, Starkville.

He’s having success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    As of today do you think Florida opens? Lose to FSU and done deal, imo.
    Florida State will Beat Florida.

Missouri could beat Florida Saturday.

1 more loss and Dan Mullen will be the head coach of the horned frogs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    33 total posts folks.

He's getting $5 mil & has his starting QB for 3 more years. His ass ain't going anywhere

Also, remember that this is the same wife that stuck it out in Pullman, WA for 7 years.

17 him

vCash
    THe blue blood fan bases do not have the patience that A Mississippi State has for Leach. If they endured what we did last year and the start of this year, they woulda fired him after memphis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    33 total posts folks.

I think y'all are misreading his post. Since Leach is starting to win, the press is going to start making crap up about him leaving to try to kill any momentum Leach is getting at State. I'm 99% certain if Leach ever left us, it won't be for a big name school. Leach comes across as a guy that doesn't want to be told what to do by a bunch of big money donors which he would have to deal with at a blue-blood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Scott doesn't have that type of authority or clout concerning the UF football program. If Foley and Spurrier want Mullen gone, then he will be gone. If they want Scott gone then he will be gone. They make the major decisions not the current UF AD.
    Didnt foley hire mcelwain and muschamp? And mike white? Why on earth would they let him come near a coaching hire at this point in his career.
    Last edited by confucius say; 11-15-2021 at 11:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Waves View Post
    I think y'all are misreading his post. Since Leach is starting to win, the press is going to start making crap up about him leaving to try to kill any momentum Leach is getting at State. I'm 99% certain if Leach ever left us, it won't be for a big name school. Leach comes across as a guy that doesn't want to be told what to do by a bunch of big money donors which he would have to deal with at a blue-blood.
    They can’t do that with Leach like they did with Mullen. Mullen wanted his name out there and wouldn’t piss of the media and tell them no. Mike Leach is like the Honey Badger and doesn’t give a shit. He will tell them exactly what he is thinking and doesn’t care of it hurts their feelings one bit.

I understand we can’t have nice things here, but y’all need to stop with this shit. Mike Leach isn’t going anywhere. He will retire or get fired from here. That was part of the deal. We bitch about Ole Miss creating media hype about our coach leaving and now we do it for them.

Just relax… Mike Leach is our damn coach and ain’t no one hiring him away…