Thread: Miss. State Women's Basketball vs Alcorn State

vCash

Miss. State Women's Basketball vs Alcorn State

St John's transfer, Raven Farley and Middle Tennessee State Aislyn Hayes starting tonight
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-14-2021 at 06:17 PM.

vCash
    We look bad in the 1st half. Where is Rickea? Kohl? Moore? Jones?

vCash
    Halftime

Miss. State 31
    Alcorn State 30

Few notes....
    Alcorn State recently lost to Marquette by over 60 points
    Rickea Jackson hasn't hasn't played in the game
    Miss. State...1-14 from 3 point
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-14-2021 at 07:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    We look bad in the 1st half. Where is Rickea? Kohl? Moore? Jones?
    Being reported only 8 players available tonight
    Also, Rickea not in uniform, and has been dribblng around

vCash
    We have only played 7 girls... but we lead by 9 right now.. I wonder what happened? Why aren't the other girls playing?

vCash
    It's 53 to 32 we are pulling away but it's concerning that only 7 girls are playing. I'm following the game online so I haven't heard the reason yet

vCash
    Covid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Covid
    Oh ok.. Thanks

vCash
    It's 53 to 32 we are pulling away but it's concerning that only 7 girls are playing. I'm following the game online so I haven't heard the reason yet
    C Kohl played in the second half. R Jackson and A Jones were not available tonight but on the sidelines. Youngest Hayes and M Moore are still hurt. K Godfrey entered the portal, allegedly pulled out but was not there tonight.

vCash
    Final
    Miss. State 86
    Alcorn State 63
    Jerkaila Jordan 26 pts, 8 rbs
    Anastasia Hayes 20 pts
    Myah Taylor 15 pts, 9 assists, 7 steals
    Raven Farley 12 pts, 8 rbs
    Caterrion Thompson 5 pts, 12 rbs

Coaching staff indicated that it was a rest night for Rickea Jackson. She'll be back the next game. Didn't speak on other unavailable players.

Jerkaila Jordan- real deal
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-14-2021 at 08:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    C Kohl played in the second half. R Jackson and A Jones were not available tonight but on the sidelines. Youngest Hayes and M Moore are still hurt. K Godfrey entered the portal, allegedly pulled out but was not there tonight.
    Thanks for the update, the ESPN boxscore doesn't show Kohl playing. I didn't know about Godfrey transferring but did know the youngest Hayes and Moore being hurt, Jasmine Shavers also transferred. Our next game is Bethune Cookman so hopefully we can win with these 8 before playing Dayton. We need Rickea and Jones and it would be really nice to get Jessika Carter back.
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 11-14-2021 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    At the end of the game on Friday, Jackson was slumped over on the floor by the scorers table the training staff was tending to her then for at least 5 minutes

vCash
    MSU outscored ASU 35-7 in the third quarter to blow open the game. Coach Novak made some minor adjustments on the defense by mixing in a press. There were at least three straight possessions where we stole the inbound pass and turned it into points. They were switching off in the perimeter and got a couple of steals by jumping in the passing lanes. We also ran more set plays on offense. He inverted things several times to post up J Jordan. I?ve been very impressed with the in game changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    MSU outscored ASU 35-7 in the third quarter to blow open the game. Coach Novak made some minor adjustments on the defense by mixing in a press. There were at least three straight possessions where we stole the inbound pass and turned it into points. They were switching off in the perimeter and got a couple of steals by jumping in the passing lanes. We also ran more set plays on offense. He inverted things several times to post up J Jordan. I?ve been very impressed with the in game changes.
    I appreciate the detailed description.. I couldn't watch the game but Im glad we got the win, hopefully we can get some of the other girls back by next game