Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current Bowl Prediction/Situation

vCash

Current Bowl Prediction/Situation

Great freaking game yesterday. Will remember that for the rest of my life 28-3

Now.... Some interesting things have happened since we won that game

Ole Miss might actually have a defense and their defense beat texas a&m ( who we beat In college station do not forget)

We now will get the better bowl game than auburn if we win out.

The committee has shown that they do not care about the Memphis game and that if we have a head to head over a team with 1 less loss than us, they will rank us ahead of them (NC State, Kentucky)

Now.... This is what we need to do to get the best bowl possible

Win out.
    Alabama wins out
    Alabama beats Georgia in the sec title
    They both get in the playoff
    That opens up the sugar bowl to the highest ranked sec team not in the playoff.

We will probably be ranked around #25 -#22

Alabama needs to drum roll Arkansas.. Cause i think Arkansas is the key team to watch ... cause if they finish 8-4 and we finish 8-4.. they will be higher... I think...

Now it would be nice for LSU to beat A&M. A&M would then have 4 losses too
    (LSU in the Birmingham bowl would be so weird)

When we play Ole miss they will be top 10 coming into starkville..

If we beat them we could sky rocket up and possibly make the sugar bowl if we are ranked ahead of them. which i think they would put ole miss 1 spot below us if we win sort of convincingly.

8-4 Auburn got the sugar bowl in 2018 i believe

but.. If we finish 7-5 .. could be looking at the Texas bowl against a mid tier big 12 team... I got to look at all the bowl tie ins

We have a lot left to play for and We NEED this egg bowl

vCash
    Good post. Question for you and or anyone.

If you were on a bowl selection committee and you sat down and watched the whole MSU Ark game, which team would you select to watch in a bowl game?

vCash
    I would want to know who travels better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    This is the correct response. 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Good post. Question for you and or anyone.

If you were on a bowl selection committee and you sat down and watched the whole MSU Ark game, which team would you select to watch in a bowl game?
    I also think it depends on the matchup

If Oklahoma is in the Sugar bowl. Match them up immediately with one of the Mississippi Schools aka winner of the egg bowl

vCash
    Im starting to think that win or lose, OM is in a NY6...

Im looking at tie ins and the Fiesta Bowl is an at large vs At large

vCash
    OM does not have a defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    OM does not have a defense
    Bingo A&M has no QB UM did what we did make that guy beat us, which he couldn?t do.

vCash
    https://collegefootballnews.com/2021...ence-2021-2022

This what im looking at whoever wants to look

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Bingo A&M has no QB UM did what we did make that guy beat us, which he couldn?t do.
    That unstoppable OM offense looked pretty human to me at times

vCash
    Yeah, They generated all of 20 points(7 given to them on a short field after a to). They haven't exactly been scary in recent weeks.

vCash
    Well with Matty boy saving himself for the draft, he isn't running like he did earlier in the year and that makes their offense very ordinary

vCash
    9-3 teams will get better bowls than 8-4 teams. This isnt hard
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Very, the tempo is a challenge but it?s not that complicated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Agree. Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Eh. Not sure about that when our resume will be better & we'll have head to head wins over the 9-3 teams.

You could be right, but it's no certainty
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Agree. Like button push ������������
    Why would you like that?

Why should a team that finishes ahead of the 9-3 team in the SEC with head to head wins vs both get a worse bowl just because of a screw job at Memphis & Arkansas?

There is a real debate here
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Eh. Not sure about that when our resume will be better & we'll have head to head wins over the 9-3 teams.

You could be right, but it's no certainty
    Exactly.

The playoff committee told us that the Memphis game didn't matter when they ranked us with 3 losses above 2 loss Kentucky and 2 loss NC State.

Possibly for the bowl selection maybe. But there is an outside shot we get the sugar bowl if Bama wins out and beats Georgia and they both are in the playoff

That opens up the sugar bowl to the highest ranked sec team that isn't in the playoff.

We will be ranked somewhere like #22 or #21 tomorrow and then tennessee state blowout would move us up.

Arkansas could get crushed next week @Alabama so they get knocked out completely.

We will be playing a top 10 Ole miss that is probably #8 or #7 coming into the egg bowl and depending on how we win....

Arkansas plays Missouri on rivalry week so that wont bump them up that much if they win.

We have a shot but nothing matters if we do not win... but it is still a possibility depending on how these games play out and the rankings tomorrow .

I will be watching closely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Exactly.

The playoff committee told us that the Memphis game didn't matter when they ranked us with 3 losses above 2 loss Kentucky and 2 loss NC State.

Possibly for the bowl selection maybe. But there is an outside shot we get the sugar bowl if Bama wins out and beats Georgia and they both are in the playoff

That opens up the sugar bowl to the highest ranked sec team that isn't in the playoff.

We will be ranked somewhere like #22 or #21 tomorrow and then tennessee state blowout would move us up.

Arkansas could get crushed next week @Alabama so they get knocked out completely.

We will be playing a top 10 Ole miss that is probably #8 or #7 coming into the egg bowl and depending on how we win....

Arkansas plays Missouri on rivalry week so that wont bump them up that much if they win.

We have a shot but nothing matters if we do not win... but it is still a possibility depending on how these games play out and the rankings tomorrow .

I will be watching closely
    And also. Alabama at#2 is very telling. They want bama and Georgia both

If Bama loses on a last second game winning field goal, you think they fall from #2 all the way out of the top 4? Especially if lets say oregon loses a game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Yep. Unfortunately, The bowls have proven numerous years; They will take a school with a larger fan base than us. Even in the years that we beat said larger school head to head.

IF....IF....Florida and UT win out... they will be throwing their weight around to move up the pecking order. UT will win out. Florida probably not.

There could be quite a log jam of schools fighting over those 6 middle tier bowls.