Thread: Not a Cohen as AD fan, BUT.........

vCash

Not a Cohen as AD fan, BUT.........

Calendar year 2021:

NIT Runnerup in Men?s Basketball.
    NCAA College World Series Champ in Baseball
    Winning Season and possible mid-tier Bowl in Football
    Best Season Ever in Volleyball and likely a lock for NCAA tourney.
    One of the ?better? seasons and an improved Soccer Program

Good Starts to 20/21 Men?s and Women?s Basketball as a bonus to date.

Got to give Cohen his due. Success on the playing field or court is Priority #1.
    Facilities is a nice bonus.
    The FAN Experience could be better but Winning cures are lot of Fan ills.

Cohen scores a B+ for 2021 with a chance to get to A-

Banned
    vCash
    Cohen's had to learn on the job and the first 2-3 years if we look at him being an Associate AD then his body of work makes more sense. He's knocking his second hires out of the park.

Next up is to modernize our social media presence, modernize our NIL network, and improve team promotion.

It's my opinion for the social media part, he should be going down to the communications department and hiring 5-10 students as interns and setting up a revolving internship program to help run these accounts better and promote more fan engagement. Then he needs to either find a day-to-day AD assistant to coach him up on the day to day of the job, or figure it out himself.

vCash
    Your forgot Women's Golf being an SEC tournament finalist; Mens Golf making NCAas, Track and Field making the NCAA finals, Mens Tennis made the Sweet 16, Softball made a Regional, Womens Tennis made the postseason.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Cohen's had to learn on the job and the first 2-3 years if we look at him being an Associate AD then his body of work makes more sense. He's knocking his second hires out of the park.

Next up is to modernize our social media presence, modernize our NIL network, and improve team promotion.

It's my opinion for the social media part, he should be going down to the communications department and hiring 5-10 students as interns and setting up a revolving internship program to help run these accounts better and promote more fan engagement. Then he needs to either find a day-to-day AD assistant to coach him up on the day to day of the job, or figure it out himself.
    Cohen will solve that when he hires male cheerleader as his associate ad after he is canned at UF *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Your forgot Women's Golf being an SEC tournament finalist; Mens Golf making NCAas, Track and Field making the NCAA finals, Mens Tennis made the Sweet 16, Softball made a Regional, Womens Tennis made the postseason.
    Yep. That is a pretty good year even for a Novice. Championships are great, but for a hungry fan base like ours, that is a lot of successful entertainment right there.

vCash
    He might have two basketball HC hires after this season. Hopefully he has figured out a system that works for him.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Cohen will solve that when he hires male cheerleader as his associate ad after he is canned at UF *****
    You joke but that's a very real possibility and who I had in mind. Strickland had solid gameday promotion then.

vCash
    I do think Leach likes having a former Head Coach as an AD, because he knows they understand that side of the job, and I suspect Leach prefers having someone else deal with the big donors. Jackie hung out with the big donors because he was more of a CEO type, the Assistant AD for Football only, if you will allow. I don?t think that is Leach?s style. He?d rather drink a beer with the Anthropology Professor and discuss ancient artifacts than drink martini?s with the High Rollers in their chalets.

vCash
    He catches ALOT of shit for Moorhead, but no one saw that coming. We were the toast of the town across the sports talk and news world for landing him. Everyone that had ever worked with him or played for him was 100% sure that he was a cant miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I do think Leach likes having a former Head Coach as an AD, because he knows they understand that side of the job, and I suspect Leach prefers having someone else deal with the big donors. Jackie hung out with the big donors because he was more of a CEO type, the Assistant AD for Football only, if you will allow. I don?t think that is Leach?s style. He?d rather drink a beer with the Anthropology Professor and discuss ancient artifacts than drink martini?s with the High Rollers in their chalets.
    Pirates are a laid back type of personality.