Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braves offseason

vCash

Braves offseason

If reports of what FF is looking for are true, I think it's time to realize FF may have played his last game as a brave. Personally, I want no part of a 6 year deal approaching 200 million.

If that's what FF wants, go get Rizzo and use the savings on upgrading other spots

vCash
    I hope that's not true but yeah I think that's a little much.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    That is 100 million too much.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    That is 100 million too much.
    He supposedly turned down 5-years 135 million

vCash
    I love Freddie but if he wants 30+ million a year for that long don't see him staying in Atlanta.

vCash
    Freddie's not going anywhere. It would be a massive wet blanket for the fan base after the WS title, and the front office knows it. They'll pay up.

vCash
    Can't justify paying a 38 year old player $30+ million 6 years down the road.

Sign Rizzo and have money left over to get some other pieces is what I would do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Freddie's not going anywhere. It would be a massive wet blanket for the fan base after the WS title, and the front office knows it. They'll pay up.
    Bingo. And with the DH most likely coming to the NL, you can maximize his longer term potential by moving him there if you need to.

6 years is t bad either. Not like we are taking him to age 40. That gets him to 38. Probably start to see some diminishing returns after 2-3 years. But for 33 million a year you keep the cornerstone of your franchise for the last decade.

It's one of those things you have to do. Plus we've got Ozzie and Acuna locked up for that length of time. So we've got a core to build with for that time.

If it takes 6 years at 190-200 you do it.

vCash
    I disagree about going 6 years, especially if it costs 32 or 33 mil per season.

The Braves payroll would be completely exhausted and would be unable to afford any additional pieces. If Freeman wants to be a Brave, the 5 yr 135 mill would be the largest single contract ever given out by Atlanta. By year 4, Freeman will most definitely start seeing decline. If Atlanta is hamstrung by that albatross of a contract, they essentially will be closing their competitive window by not being able to acquire additional players.

Rizzo would be an excellent option to replace freeman in Free agency if his asking price is reasonable , and would allow the Braves financial flexibility to add major complementary pieces. Braves could also add Matt Olson from the A's via trade since they are rumored to be selling off everyone. He is cheap and probably wouldn't cost very much in prospect capital. And if the Braves are truly trying to acquire Reynolds to play CF, those two pieces are more than enough to replace Freeman. Honestly, I would prefer that over re-signing Freddie.

Braves could also possibly look to extend Fried, Dansby, and Riley this off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    I disagree about going 6 years, especially if it costs 32 or 33 mil per season.

The Braves payroll would be completely exhausted and would be unable to afford any additional pieces. If Freeman wants to be a Brave, the 5 yr 135 mill would be the largest single contract ever given out by Atlanta. By year 4, Freeman will most definitely start seeing decline. If Atlanta is hamstrung by that albatross of a contract, they essentially will be closing their competitive window by not being able to acquire additional players.

Rizzo would be an excellent option to replace freeman in Free agency if his asking price is reasonable , and would allow the Braves financial flexibility to add major complementary pieces. Braves could also add Matt Olson from the A's via trade since they are rumored to be selling off everyone. He is cheap and probably wouldn't cost very much in prospect capital. And if the Braves are truly trying to acquire Reynolds to play CF, those two pieces are more than enough to replace Freeman. Honestly, I would prefer that over re-signing Freddie.

Braves could also possibly look to extend Fried, Dansby, and Riley this off-season.
    I'm with you. As much as it would hurt me, I'd let em walk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If reports of what FF is looking for are true, I think it's time to realize FF may have played his last game as a brave. Personally, I want no part of a 6 year deal approaching 200 million.

If that's what FF wants, go get Rizzo and use the savings on upgrading other spots
    I'm OK with it if $5M or so of that per year is performance bonus based. Maybe $28M per year, 5-6 years, with another $20M in bonuses.

vCash
    Manny pina (catcher) 2 years 8 million

Contreras or langeliers on the move?

vCash
    My guess is contreras.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    My guess is contreras.
    I hope. Well, unless it's for a young star

vCash
    If they trade Langliers, it better be for Reynolds. He would be about the only positional player I would be willing to give up him for.

vCash
    Ozuna back... 20-game retro active suspension, immediately eligible

Darren o'day signs milb deal

vCash
    Shea is the future. He has been doing great at Pearl.

vCash
    Just signed Kirby Yates. This bullpen is unbelievable

vCash
    Ozuna back... 20-game retro active suspension, immediately eligible

Darren o'day signs milb deal
    Would rather have soler, Rosario and Duvall back lol(wishful thinking I know).

vCash
    Just signed Kirby Yates. This bullpen is unbelievable
    TJ surgery last March. 2 yr deal for $8M with a cheap 3rd year team option. Great value signing.