Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herbstreit and Ealy

vCash
    They visit with coaches and say what they say. Om is really good at feeding the media talking points

vCash
    Herbstreit was good when he first started out. Now he's kind of a douche. He rambles and lathers up in makeup. Hard to listen to that entire Gameday crew really. That show needs completely reworking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You guys saying ealy is pro material today.... what makes you think he is gonna be a good pro back?
    I don't see it either. I'm not even sure he gets drafted. If he does, he will be a bust IMHO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Herbstreit was good when he first started out. Now he's kind of a douche. He rambles and lathers up in makeup. Hard to listen to that entire Gameday crew really. That show needs completely reworking.
    Agree, they should have started over when Reece took over.

vCash
    I like Herbstreit a lot. He calls things like he sees them. His biggest flaw used to be that I thought he went to far out of his way not to be a homer for the Buckeyes at times.

One has to understand what he is doing though. He is using the talking points given to him by someone. Was it an Ole Miss source, probably. We do the same stuff, our guys just may tell the truth.

Here is the thing, if they make him look like an idiot, he just might remember who fed him the BS that got him called out. I know I would remember that stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I like Herbstreit a lot. He calls things like he sees them. His biggest flaw used to be that I thought he went to far out of his way not to be a homer for the Buckeyes at times.

One has to understand what he is doing though. He is using the talking points given to him by someone. Was it an Ole Miss source, probably. We do the same stuff, our guys just may tell the truth.

Here is the thing, if they make him look like an idiot, he just might remember who fed him the BS that got him called out. I know I would remember that stuff.
    I read he was run outta Columbus for that...

I think he does an excellent job except when displaying fake croc tears...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post

Yeah I agree. I mostly like Herb but I still remember his "but they are playing the #1 team in the country" comment as he pulled out the Auburn cowbell when they visited Starkvegas. He also led the charge if I remember correctly last year trashing us over the Tulsa stuff. Maybe I'm wrong.