Thread: Sugar Bowl Question

vCash

Sugar Bowl Question

Assuming Ole Miss holds on, we should get the Sugar Bowl as long as we win out and Bama beats UGA, right? We would hold tie breaker at 5-3 with ole Miss UK and aTm since we beat all 3

vCash
    The highest ranked SEC team not in the Playoff gets the Sugar Bowl. If UGA beats Bama they Bama goes. We have 4 losses so lets hope for the Gator.

vCash
    Welp. Gonna be up to State to keep Mississippi out of a New Year?s 6 Bowl. And even then, 9-3 might get them in one depending on what other teams in the Top 15 do.

vCash
    d
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-14-2021 at 07:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    The highest ranked SEC team not in the Playoff gets the Sugar Bowl. If UGA beats Bama they Bama goes. We have 4 losses so lets hope for the Gator.
    If we win the Egg Bowl it could get interesting I would think. We'll see what it looks like Tuesday. But we should be back in the top 20.

vCash
    I don't think we have any real chance at the Sugar Bowl unless Alabama and Georgia both go to the Playoff, and even then, we'd need the Selection Committee to put us higher at 8-4 than Texas A&M or Ole Miss (or Kentucky?), all of whom would be 9-3 without any bad losses.

But the Committee just makes up whatever rankings they want and then makes up a justification, so why not?

vCash
    I think the best we could hope for is the Outback and thats if we win out and Arky, and KY lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If we win the Egg Bowl it could get interesting I would think. We'll see what it looks like Tuesday. But we should be back in the top 20.
    We probably won't be in the Top 20. I'm saying #24 or #25.

vCash
    I think the best we could hope for is the Outback and thats if we win out and Arky, and KY lose.
    I think if we win out we'd be above Kentucky in the bowl pecking order whether they lose or not. We'd be 8-4, 5-3 while UK would be 9-3,5-3. We'd be ranked higher, beat them head to head, and have way more quality wins. Arky is losing to Bama Saturday, so they most likely will be 8-4, 4-4. If Bama stomps them we'll be ranked higher and have more SEC wins even though they won head to head. Also, having Mike Leach makes us more attractive to bowls than the other two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I think if we win out we'd be above Kentucky in the bowl pecking order whether they lose or not. We'd be 8-4, 5-3 while UK would be 9-3,5-3. We'd be ranked higher, beat them head to head, and have way more quality wins. Arky is losing to Bama Saturday, so they most likely will be 8-4, 4-4. If Bama stomps them we'll be ranked higher and have more SEC wins even though they won head to head. Also, having Mike Leach makes us more attractive to bowls than the other two.
    The Leach factor is absolutely true! He?s now tied into bowls he?s had little chance to make in the past and I would think his persona alone makes us a more interesting pick than in the past! Same with Kiffin at Mississippi!

vCash
    If we win out we should end up in the Citrus Bowl. I still think OM will be ahead of us in the CFB Playoff rankings which could send them to Fiesta because I think Bama ends up in the Sugar.

vCash
    If we win out, we WILL have the 3rd best resume in the SEC behind UGA & Bama. We'll have had 5 top 25 wins, which surely would lead the country while also finishing 2nd the SEC West.

If that doesn't get us bumped over a 9-3 team that simply won another non-conference game, then I have little faith in the system.

We'll see
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If we win out, we WILL have the 3rd best resume in the SEC behind UGA & Bama. We'll have had 5 top 25 wins, which surely would lead the country while also finishing 2nd the SEC West.

If that doesn't get us bumped over a 9-3 team that simply won another non-conference game, then I have little faith in the system.

We'll see
    Makes sense to me !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

We'll see
    Man I would love to read the media and other fan messages about how "we don't deserve it"! Make this happen Gun*