Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dak Holiday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    So you still stand behind any p5 qb in the country can do what Will is doing?
    If they couldn?t, you couldn?t run the AirRaid, and yet, CML runs it every year and has done so his entire career without Will up to now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    If they couldn?t, you couldn?t run the AirRaid, and yet, CML runs it every year and has done so his entire career without Will up to now.
    That statement is jibberish. What the hell does that even mean?

vCash
    I get that your insecurities require posters to agree wholeheartedly with you, Bucky 2, but I promise that my realistic assessment won?t, nor should it, squash your man crushing, emotional attachment to Will just because he?s playing well and is our guy.

vCash
    I get that your insecurities require posters to agree wholeheartedly with you, Bucky 2, but I promise that my realistic assessment won?t, nor should it, squash your man crushing, emotional attachment to Will just because he?s playing well and is our guy.
    Your blanket statement of Mike Leach running the air raid every year can be said about any offensive scheme out there. It doesn't prove anything you said.

vCash
    That statement is jibberish. What the hell does that even mean?
    Here, let?s see if we can help you understand.
    If it took a super special QB to run the AirRaid, Leach wouldn?t be able to run the system yearly for the entirety of his career, but he has, and at schools that don?t recruit well. He isn?t getting top level talent, yet every year, his QB puts up similar type numbers. It?s a certain amount of plug and play. You just can?t bring yourself to face that fact.

vCash
    Here, let?s see if we can help you understand.
    If it took a super special QB to run the AirRaid, Leach wouldn?t be able to run the system yearly for the entirety of his career, but he has, and at schools that don?t recruit well. He isn?t getting top level talent, yet every year, his QB puts up similar type numbers. It?s a certain amount of plug and play. You just can?t bring yourself to face that fact.
    If I remember right.. you said ANY p5 qb could do what Will is doing. I'm just asking if you have changed your mind?

vCash
    Your blanket statement of Mike Leach running the air raid every year can be said about any offensive scheme out there. It doesn't prove anything you said.
    It supports what I?ve said while exposing your irrationality. Some guys are just more fanboys than others. It takes both types. Don?t let it embarrass you. Your emotionally driven takes are what makes this forum fun. Ration and logic aren?t near as fun.

vCash
    It supports what I?ve said while exposing your irrationality. Some guys are just more fanboys than others. It takes both types. Don?t let it embarrass you. Your emotionally driven takes are what makes this forum fun. Ration and logic aren?t near as fun.
    What makes it so hard for you to say that Will is one of the best qbs in the country?

vCash
    If I remember right.. you said ANY p5 qb could do what Will is doing. I'm just asking if you have changed your mind?
    Let?s do it this way, you list off any that you think could not make the same passes if operating within this system. There are none from a physical stand point, so please explain why you think they wouldn?t be able to play within this offense.

vCash
    That's easy. The guy we played this weekend. Bo Nix. Simply cannot make accurate throws consistently enough.

vCash
    What makes it so hard for you to say that Will is one of the best qbs in the country?
    What makes it so hard for you to say that it might be the system? There?s only 20 yrs of evidence that says it probably is. Now, that said, I?ve said that he?s playing great. I even laid out the likelihood of him getting Heisman attention. That should let you know that I?m not down on him, just not enamored. I?m not a huge fan of the AirRaid, although it has looked much better as of late.

vCash
    That's easy. The guy we played this weekend. Bo Nix. Simply cannot make accurate throws consistently enough.
    Maybe, maybe not. If he practiced the route tree and mastered all 6 plays, he might have little issue completing check downs and short out routes. Leach has done so with less.
    Nix is too quick to scramble. Makes him less accurate. It?s also a reason CML avoids QBs too quick to run.

vCash
    What makes it so hard for you to say that it might be the system? There?s only 20 yrs of evidence that says it probably is. Now, that said, I?ve said that he?s playing great. I even laid out the likelihood of him getting Heisman attention. That should let you know that I?m not down on him, just not enamored. I?m not a huge fan of the AirRaid, although it has looked much better as of late.
    The system definitely helps, but you cannot say any p5 qb in the country could put up the numbers Will has the past few weeks. If they could, he would not have broken the pass efficiency record against Kentucky.

vCash
    Maybe, maybe not. If he practiced the route tree and mastered all 6 plays, he might have little issue completing check downs and short out routes. Leach has done so with less.
    Now it is a maybe. You have argued me the past two weekends clearly saying they would be able to mimic Rogers. Now it's a maybe.

vCash
    The system definitely helps, but you cannot say any p5 qb in the country could put up the numbers Will has the past few weeks. If they could, he would not have broken the pass efficiency record against Kentucky.
    Records are made to be broken. He makes a lot of high percentage passes. That helps efficiency. I don?t disagree that Will is very good. I have said that he will set all of our records and NCAA records, but it will be due to the amount of time in the system.
    Do you think Will plays his Sr year?

vCash
    Now it is a maybe. You have argued me the past two weekends clearly saying they would be able to mimic Rogers. Now it's a maybe.
    See, that?s the thing, Rogers isn?t special, atleast not yet for his ability. He?s doing the job that every QB in the AirRaid does. All P5 QBs can make those throws from an athletic standpoint and it seems as though anyone in the system can put up those type numbers.

vCash
    Records are made to be broken. He makes a lot of high percentage passes. That helps efficiency. I don?t disagree that Will is very good. I have said that he will set all of our records and NCAA records, but it will be due to the amount of time in the system.
    Do you think Will plays his Sr year?
    I think it depends on the recognition. If he gets national attention and looks like he will be drafted in the first round. I the he goes, but if he is anything below that I think he stays and sets all time records.

vCash
    I think it depends on the recognition. If he gets national attention and looks like he will be drafted in the first round. I the he goes, but if he is anything below that I think he stays and sets all time records.
    How many 100% CML AirRaid QBs go in the first round? Can you think of anyone outside of Couch? Why is that?

vCash
    See, that?s the thing, Rogers isn?t special, atleast not yet for his ability. He?s doing the job that every QB in the AirRaid does. All P5 QBs can make those throws from an athletic standpoint and it seems as though anyone in the system can put up those type numbers.
    I agree, but this is the first successful air raid qb in the SEC. The defenses he is shredding is not the late night Pac-12 shenanigans people are use to. He is doing it on the road in the SEC.

vCash
    I agree, but this is the first successful air raid qb in the SEC. The defenses he is shredding is not the late night Pac-12 shenanigans people are use to. He is doing it on the road in the SEC.
    Couch and UK showed that it is an offense that can win games and put up numbers under CML years ago in the SEC. My issues aren?t that it won?t work at all, but rather that it?s not as exceptional as many of you think and really isn?t an improvement over CDM. Different route to what I suspect will be similar results.
    😂 we will have the QB rushing record due to Mullen (mainly) and passing record QB because of Leach.
    Last edited by Dak Holliday; 11-14-2021 at 06:39 PM.