Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think Air Raid Will Work in the SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That narrative died today & should never be stated again.

I don't care how much we run it or what we do, Mike Leach is a DUDE & it's time for everyone to get fully behind this.

We got CFB Joe Montana for 3 more years. Think about that
    I was doubtful myself. But you can't objectively look at the wins over ranked teams this year and say it won't work. If Leach can recruit a great defense at MSU, look out. We have had great defenses in the past, but usually did not put them together with great offenses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You know what is boring ? Being a power run team all those years and getting your offense stuffed by good defenses and not even scoring 10 points now that's boring lol
    And getting behind and knowing you have no chance of coming back. Soooo many years of that. Losing but fans still screaming RTGDF... like, we've done that for 100+ years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    And getting behind and knowing you have no chance of coming back. Soooo many years of that. Losing but fans still screaming RTGDF... like, we've done that for 100+ years.
    Yep and it's time we tried something different and it's starting to work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    I was doubtful myself. But you can't objectively look at the wins over ranked teams this year and say it won't work. If Leach can recruit a great defense at MSU, look out. We have had great defenses in the past, but usually did not put them together with great offenses.
    Not you directly, but ppl now saying "I wasn't sure" were absolutely ripping leach a new a-hole and saying how much he's "set back the program" until we can get back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Hahaha!

vCash
    Florida would make sense if they tried to steal leach but they are too stupid,

I think leach retires in Starkville after making a b c s playoff run.

vCash
    Like CC24 said earlier... where are all the negative posters?? I sadly believe these ppl really would rather us lose than to admit they were wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Wins like this help your program more than losses to Memphis hurt.

The 7-5 or 8-4 we will end up with isn't the same 7-5 or 8-4 we've had in years past. If you want to get recognized you have to beat quality opponents. In the past we would go 7-5 or 8-4 with no ranked wins. Or maybe 1.

This year we have 4 ranked wins and could end up with 5. That's what gets you big time recruits and folks to respect your program. Not all 7-5 seasons are created equal and Leach is doing what he needs to do to bring notoriety to the program.
    Excellent point!

vCash
    I agree Tater. And to this uneducated eye, The game has slowed down for Will. He's going through his progessions so fast now(today anyway).

On one TD he went thru all 4....then came back to Johnson close to the goal line for the TD(I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    It's exciting to me to know that our QB is doing what adjustments I as a fan see we need to make presnap and throw. The second TD to Polk drive, I yelled every play adjustment we needed to make presnap and then Will did that.

That's ****ing amazing for a 19 year old at ground level to do. I had the luxury of broadcast view. He's learning and reading right before our eyes. Really, the only thing that has truly stopped him all game this year is the greatest defensive football mind coming up with brand new wrinkles to stop us. That's literally it. He gets reps against what the defense is doing and he adjusts and finds the weakness. This is why I'm excited.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I honestly thought it'd take year 3 to see this level of success but glad to be wrong. I was really worried about Leach taking 3 years anyway with this patience level of the fanbase. We're a completely different team from the first few games of the year.
    There were glimpses last year of an offense ready to hit on all cylinders when all cylinders fired simultaneously. There was ethanol fuel without additive in 2020. 2021 they?ve adds a little StaBil to the offense with continuity and repetitiveness. Next years offense will be ethanol free.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLGDawg View Post
    I agree Tater. And to this uneducated eye, The game has slowed down for Will. He's going through his progessions so fast now(today anyway).

On one TD he went thru all 4....then came back to Johnson close to the goal line for the TD(I think).
    Good point. Will is going through his reads about four times as fast as he did at the beginning of the year. The Danny wuerfell comparison is a good one if will continues to improve. Wuerfells arm was too weak to make it 8n the nfl but he was a better athlete than given credit. Several nfl teams gave him a shot iirc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Wins like this help your program more than losses to Memphis hurt.

The 7-5 or 8-4 we will end up with isn't the same 7-5 or 8-4 we've had in years past. If you want to get recognized you have to beat quality opponents. In the past we would go 7-5 or 8-4 with no ranked wins. Or maybe 1.

This year we have 4 ranked wins and could end up with 5. That's what gets you big time recruits and folks to respect your program. Not all 7-5 seasons are created equal and Leach is doing what he needs to do to bring notoriety to the program.
    This all day! As y'all know - we have wins against 4 ranked teams and two on the road. That will interest recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG1903 View Post
    This all day! As y'all know - we have wins against 4 ranked teams and two on the road. That will interest recruits.
    It won't make much difference. Do it over time and it will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    It's exciting to me to know that our QB is doing what adjustments I as a fan see we need to make presnap and throw. The second TD to Polk drive, I yelled every play adjustment we needed to make presnap and then Will did that.

That's ****ing amazing for a 19 year old at ground level to do. I had the luxury of broadcast view. He's learning and reading right before our eyes. Really, the only thing that has truly stopped him all game this year is the greatest defensive football mind coming up with brand new wrinkles to stop us. That's literally it. He gets reps against what the defense is doing and he adjusts and finds the weakness. This is why I'm excited.
    Amen! We are watching the maturation of what will be one of the greatest QB's to ever wear the Maroon and White. Buy your tickets now and for the next several years ladies and gentlemen because this is going to be fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    It's time to get behind this team and this system - Leach is not going anywhere and it is going to be exciting. Buy your tickets while you can....they will be scarce.

vCash
    Even if Leach failed he was 100% the right hire. MSU has to take chances in football in order to try and gain an edge.