Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Air Raid Will Work in the SEC

Banned
    vCash
    It's exciting to me to know that our QB is doing what adjustments I as a fan see we need to make presnap and throw. The second TD to Polk drive, I yelled every play adjustment we needed to make presnap and then Will did that.

That's ****ing amazing for a 19 year old at ground level to do. I had the luxury of broadcast view. He's learning and reading right before our eyes. Really, the only thing that has truly stopped him all game this year is the greatest defensive football mind coming up with brand new wrinkles to stop us. That's literally it. He gets reps against what the defense is doing and he adjusts and finds the weakness. This is why I'm excited.

vCash

Trying to play bama football in bamas back yard is the definition of insanity.

You win once or twice every 25 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Outside of bama hasn't been boring all year.
    I agree. I'm pleasantly surprised but this is fun to watch since we've gotten better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I agree. I'm pleasantly surprised but this is fun to watch since we've gotten better.
    People that say this offense is "boring" just don't like Leach, period. This offense is anything but boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    It's exciting to me to know that our QB is doing what adjustments I as a fan see we need to make presnap and throw. The second TD to Polk drive, I yelled every play adjustment we needed to make presnap and then Will did that.

That's ****ing amazing for a 19 year old at ground level to do. I had the luxury of broadcast view.
    Legit lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It's been a blast to watch for sure!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    Legit lol.
    How often do we, as fans, get mad at the QB not seeing what we see? When we have a sky view, that shit is an unrealistic expectation.

And Will met that today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That narrative died today & should never be stated again.

I don't care how much we run it or what we do, Mike Leach is a DUDE & it's time for everyone to get fully behind this.

We got CFB Joe Montana for 3 more years. Think about that
    What was said by many is that what we were doing the first year and a half will not work. We have run the ball more and we are getting his run yards now instead of blowing up our RB on dump downs. That is balance in the air raid. Fine line between a throw to RB and long handoff.

Apples and oranges from folks complaining about where we were. You can' stop your victory lap now.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    What was said by many is that what we were doing the first year and a half will not work. We have run the ball more and we are getting his run yards now instead of blowing up our RB on dump downs. That is balance in the air raid. Fine line between a throw to RB and long handoff.

Apples and oranges from folks complaining about where we were. You can' stop your victory lap now.
    We scored 5 TDs in a row before we found any success running the ball. Just need to post that context.

vCash
    Unfortunately, this offense has have drop backs for the defense to wear down. The more we drop back and make them cover the entire field (even without much success) we are wearing their ass out. We eventually have receivers getting separation and their pass rush backs off. Big fellas get gassed.

Much easier to run routes than try to zone cover and run to the ball for 4 quarters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    People that say this offense is "boring" just don't like Leach, period. This offense is anything but boring.
    Liverpool having a bad day today ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Liverpool having a bad day today ****
    Anybody that thinks Leach is washed up and just here for a check to pad his retirement after this game needs to find another college team to root for. Leach is an elite level coach. And he's ours for a while.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That narrative died today & should never be stated again.

I don't care how much we run it or what we do, Mike Leach is a DUDE & it's time for everyone to get fully behind this.

We got CFB Joe Montana for 3 more years. Think about that

This can't be true. A member of this board coined a stupid term for this offense and assured us it wouldn't work based on his vast football knowledge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    This can't be true. A member of this board coined a stupid term for this offense and assured us it wouldn't work based on his vast football knowledge.
    The most proven head coach we have had in a long time. He has turned the program around in year 2. The first year was a covid year than was uncharted territory for everyone. We should be thankful we were able to land Leach. A lot of schools will be trying to take him this year. Hope we can keep him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    The most proven head coach we have had in a long time. He has turned the program around in year 2. The first year was a covid year than was uncharted territory for everyone. We should be thankful we were able to land Leach. A lot of schools will be trying to take him this year. Hope we can keep him.
    I doubt very seriously Leach leaves Starkville and goes somewhere else other than Key West to officially retire 6 or 7 years from now. Now, another coach in the state is probably gone after this year especially if Mizzou wins next Saturday.

vCash
    Anybody that thinks Leach is washed up and just here for a check to pad his retirement after this game needs to find another college team to root for. Leach is an elite level coach. And he's ours for a while.
    This. People want instant gratification and don't want to give anyone time to
    make their system work. It's why you have to be patient and let things play out instead of making summary judgements quickly cause that can make people look like fools down the road.

vCash
    I doubt very seriously Leach leaves Starkville and goes somewhere else other than Key West to officially retire 6 or 7 years from now. Now, another coach in the state is probably gone after this year especially if Mizzou wins next Saturday.
    I hope you are right. Unfortunately, actual football coaches are in limited supply. You can see by all of the recent hires. We have one that knows how to run a program. Has done it successfully at two prior stops.

I mean think about it, of all the coaches in the SEC. Leach has to be in the top 4. We take it for granted sometimes.
    Last edited by MBDawg601; 11-13-2021 at 06:59 PM.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I hope you are right. Unfortunately, actual football coaches are in limited supply. You can see by all of the recent hires. We have one that knows how to run a program. Has done it successfully and two prior stops.

I mean think about it, of all the coaches in the SEC. Leach has to be in the top 4. We take it for granted sometimes.
    I would not trade Leach for any coach in the SEC except Saban and Smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    I would not trade Leach for any coach in the SEC except Saban and Smart.
    THIS.

Leach doesn't jump ship. He could have left Tech and Wash St. several times for other programs. He likes to stay in one spot for a while. I believe we have him until he sails off into the sunset for Key West.

vCash
    I hope you are right. Unfortunately, actual football coaches are in limited supply. You can see by all of the recent hires. We have one that knows how to run a program. Has done it successfully at two prior stops.

Historically speaking ... there isn't a coach in the league that has Leach's kinda resume without top 5 recruiting classes every year. I've said and will still say Leach does more with less than anyone else and next up is probably Mullen. Mullen can coach when he wants to. He just don't always want to.