Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Hot Is Mullen's Seat? This hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    Since Spurrier, no coach has lasted 4 complete seasons except for Urban Meyer. There ain't no patience in the Swamp. Spurrier spoiled those MFers.
    So what you are saying is the same thing will happen to bama after Saban?

vCash
    Maybe being HC or AD at MSU isn’t such a bad gig after all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    The fan hates him and knows its not going to work.

They want top 5 recruiting classes. Dan not a recruiter.

They want sec championships. Dan cant win the big one.

I also think they will lose another game. I do not think that mullen is the coach at florida for the season opener.

Totally shocked he wasnt fired after getting destroyed by south carolina...

I think they are only holding on to him because they want to beat florida state and dont want to throw the season already and lose to them

I think they will lose to FSU either way.
    He?ll lose at miz and the carryover will lead to a FSU loss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Yeah, I don't get why his seat is beyond warm at this date. CD basically said to give Mullen more time on the OutOfBounds. So, I am not sure how warm Mullen's seat is from those with the power to ignite a fire or is if this all media driven for clicks. You would have to think the cooler heads in Gainesville recall Zook, Muschamp and McElwain and Mullen gets another year.

With that said, Mullen's personality is never going to endear him to the majority of the fan base. However he can have that program at their historical average if they allow him. He will never win at UF like Spurrier and Meyer did but I am not sure many others can either.
    McElwain won two division titles and got fired the year after that. Florida fans are as entitled as every other 'blue blood' fan base and don't consider 10 win seasons or division titles a big deal. Hell they wanted Urban gone at the end and he'd won 2 nattys.

That program's players seem to have entitlement issues as well, as they lay down every time things get hard for them. I think Dan's done - maybe not this year but most likely next.

I said back in 2017 when he took that job he was an idiot for doing so. I know they pay more, but before taking a job these days you HAVE to look at the turnover rate at these places. In my opinion Tennessee and Florida are toxic as Hell. There's no way any coach with half a brain should take a job there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    McElwain won two division titles and got fired the year after that. Florida fans are as entitled as every other 'blue blood' fan base and don't consider 10 win seasons or division titles a big deal. Hell they wanted Urban gone at the end and he'd won 2 nattys.

That program's players seem to have entitlement issues as well, as they lay down every time things get hard for them. I think Dan's done - maybe not this year but most likely next.

I said back in 2017 when he took that job he was an idiot for doing so. I know they pay more, but before taking a job these days you HAVE to look at the turnover rate at these places. In my opinion Tennessee and Florida are toxic as Hell. There's no way any coach with half a brain should take a job there.
    Most of us said the same. He must have hated Starkville and really wanted out. He could have coached here 20 years at 6+ million per year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Maybe being HC or AD at MSU isn’t such a bad gig after all.
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    It's blazing hot. He could be gone any minute. He certainly needs to start winning asap and recruiting better. He can afford 0 slips of anything right now.
    "Any minute" is literally the truth. The way they're playing against Samford right now, Mullen may not make it to the end of the quarter.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.