Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Hot Is Mullen's Seat? This hot.

vCash

How Hot Is Mullen's Seat? This hot.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...en-per-report/

Pete Thamel says just firing Hev and Grantham was not enough. The performance of the team in the next three games will decide the future of Dan Mullen at Florida.

And Dan says it was "his" idea to fire Hev and Grantham. There was "no outside pressure". GTFOH with that Dan.

vCash
    Dan is done. There's no way around that and Scott knows his job is on the line if he drags it out.
    He should've fired Gonzales too. Ive decided Scott is scared of Mullen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Dan is done. There's no way around that and Scott knows his job is on the line if he drags it out.
    He should've fired Gonzales too. Ive decided Scott is scared of Mullen.
    I'd be surprised if they got rid of the cheerleader. He was hired to handle the day to day workings of AD- not to make any big important decisions. Foley and Spurrier still handle most of that.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If they win out I'm not convinced Dan goes.

He would still go 8-5 and I think that would be enough to keep him.

Next year they start off Utah, Kentucky, USF, and @Tennessee. That might decide whether or not he's still the coach at UF.

vCash
    The fan hates him and knows its not going to work.

They want top 5 recruiting classes. Dan not a recruiter.

They want sec championships. Dan cant win the big one.

I also think they will lose another game. I do not think that mullen is the coach at florida for the season opener.

Totally shocked he wasnt fired after getting destroyed by south carolina...

I think they are only holding on to him because they want to beat florida state and dont want to throw the season already and lose to them

I think they will lose to FSU either way.

vCash
    Dan will be gone, but it won't be because loafers fires him. The actual decision makers will be the ones to cut Dan loose.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Hey Dan ..... We told you so
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-12-2021 at 10:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Hey Dan ..... We told you so
    Yep!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

Next year they start off Utah, Kentucky, USF, and @Tennessee. That might decide whether or not he's still the coach at UF.
    That trip to Mizzou looms large & they've got Crime Dawg running the defense. Cringe
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That trip to Mizzou looms large & they've got Crime Dawg running the defense. Cringe
    I would not be surprised they get into a 50+ point shootout with Mizzou. And win by less than a TD.

Florida State is going to beat them.

vCash
    I gave him 5 years, I think most in touch State fans did the same. We all knew he would look good for the first couple of years and then things would unravel. They better beat the breaks off of Samford tomorrow, like 6 touchdowns to make the fans seem like they have a pulse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'd be surprised if they got rid of the cheerleader. He was hired to handle the day to day workings of AD- not to make any big important decisions. Foley and Spurrier still handle most of that.
    He's the fall guy. I think Mullen knows he can go somewhere else. He might not want leave because of his kid, but OC at J'ville could be a possibility.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 11-12-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He's the fall guy. I think Mullen knows he can go somewhere else. He might not want leave because of his kid, but OC at J'ville could be a possibility.
    Scott is a deadman walking. Football issues basketball issues and baseball coach issues.

vCash
    If Dan loses one more game or even comes close he's done(maybe done anyway). Most of us on here with any sense said he'd last 4-5 years. It was just to predictable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

I think he needs to win out and also look good in each game. If he struggles to get past any of the three remaining regular season games or comes out looking unprepared in the bowl game, I think the recruiting struggles will kill him. Florida fans and boosters are never going to be happy with Dan's recruiting, so if he doesn't consistently have his team prepared and looking like a well coached team, they aren't going to see much reason to keep him. I think it shows how much credibility he has that he hasn't been canned already with his recruiting combined with the latest slide.

vCash
    Counter point: Dan has been to a NY6 bowl in his first 3 years and has recruited at a top 10 clip, which I believe is as good as his two predecessors. If he goes 8-4 in a down year and they get rid of him, I'm not sure who they think is going to do better that they can actually get seeing as though they had trouble hiring the last time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Counter point: Dan has been to a NY6 bowl in his first 3 years and has recruited at a top 10 clip, which I believe is as good as his two predecessors. If he goes 8-4 in a down year and they get rid of him, I'm not sure who they think is going to do better that they can actually get seeing as though they had trouble hiring the last time.
    Yeah, I don't get why his seat is beyond warm at this date. CD basically said to give Mullen more time on the OutOfBounds. So, I am not sure how warm Mullen's seat is from those with the power to ignite a fire or is if this all media driven for clicks. You would have to think the cooler heads in Gainesville recall Zook, Muschamp and McElwain and Mullen gets another year.

With that said, Mullen's personality is never going to endear him to the majority of the fan base. However he can have that program at their historical average if they allow him. He will never win at UF like Spurrier and Meyer did but I am not sure many others can either.

vCash
    It's blazing hot. He could be gone any minute. He certainly needs to start winning asap and recruiting better. He can afford 0 slips of anything right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    we have that mississippi state mindset.

Florida expects a lot more than NY6 bowls.