Thread: "A True Switch Pitcher" Signs with MSU

vCash

"A True Switch Pitcher" Signs with MSU

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=579329

Jurrangelo Cijntje is a 2022 BHP/SS with a 5-11 167 lb. frame from Pembroke Pines, FL

Sorry if already posted.

How twitchy is this kid? To pitch well enough with both hands at D1 prospect level. Also a SS and a Switch Hitter.

vCash
    Had previously been committed to Stetson. This will be interesting if he gets to campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Had previously been committed to Stetson. This will be interesting if he gets to campus.
    It was discussed last week on the board but not the detail about the Stetson commitment. Very interesting.

vCash
    i played ball with a guy back in the mid 70's who was an ambidextrous pitcher but he didn't throw that hard. J

Jurrangelo Cijntje pitched for the Caribbean team in the 2016 Little League World Series. He started out as a southpaw before switching to his right hand and wowing a confused crowd in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
    https://fanbuzz.com/high-school/jurr...witch-pitcher/

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    someone get that man a double glove. Mix it for situations. That could be fun to watch.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I doubt this kid makes it to campus, but his decommitment from Stetson to sign with us is very interesting. Most kids that don't plan on making it to campus wouldn't bother doing that.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I doubt this kid makes it to campus, but his decommitment from Stetson to sign with us is very interesting. Most kids that don't plan on making it to campus wouldn't bother doing that.
    Is it being reported he"s a draft risk? I've got a good commercial idea where a company touts their "extra option". Maybe match high round money?

I'm hoping he's not just sending a message to MLB he's "serious" about college by flipmussing to us for mo money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Is it being reported he"s a draft risk? I've got a good commercial idea where a company touts their "extra option". Maybe match high round money?

I'm hoping he's not just sending a message to MLB he's "serious" about college by flipmussing to us for mo money.
    He's got a upper 90s FB with a sharp breaking CB from the right and an upper 80s FB with a pretty good CB from the left. So I'd think he's a risk. But hey, maybe we get lucky. Kid could immediately come in and be a potential closer candidate for us in 2023.

vCash
    Within that article is a link to a video of Pat Venditte in the minors and a switch hitter going back and forth during an at bat. Venditte's head coach in the video was State's own Pat McMahon.

Last edited by MedDawg; 11-11-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Within that article is a link to a video of Pat Venditte in the minors and a switch hitter going back and forth during an at bat. Venditte's head coach in the video was State's own Pat McMahon.

I remember a game where we were rotating RF & pitcher between batters depending on which side batter hit from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Maybe someone else can add more, but his velocity is from the right side and he is only listed as 5’11”. I’ve learned from people here that MLB doesn’t put a lot of value in RHP’ers, especially when they aren’t very tall. That might be the fly in the ointment, but he also might be one that just doesn’t want to put in his time in college. But, as pointed out, why bother switching commitments if that is the case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Maybe someone else can add more, but his velocity is from the right side and he is only listed as 5’11”. I’ve learned from people here that MLB doesn’t put a lot of value in RHP’ers, especially when they aren’t very tall. That might be the fly in the ointment, but he also might be one that just doesn’t want to put in his time in college. But, as pointed out, why bother switching commitments if that is the case.
    The average pitcher in MLB is 6-2.

Just a fast scan of the 2021 draft, first 10 rounds, I could not find a 5-11 guy.

The skinny kid from Eastern Michigan that nearly shut MSU out was 6-2 and 160 lbs. I thought he was very little, he was drafted in the 10th round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    someone get that man a double glove. Mix it for situations. That could be fun to watch.
    That's what he does and will do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    The average pitcher in MLB is 6-2.

Just a fast scan of the 2021 draft, first 10 rounds, I could not find a 5-11 guy.

The skinny kid from Eastern Michigan that nearly shut MSU out was 6-2 and 160 lbs. I thought he was very little, he was drafted in the 10th round.
    Kevin Kopps is listed as 6' on Arky site. I could see him being 5-11 and them giving him the inch. He wasn't very big up there on the mound. In fact he even looked short comparatively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Kevin Kopps is listed as 6' on Arky site. I could see him being 5-11 and them giving him the inch. He wasn't very big up there on the mound. In fact he even looked short comparatively.
    You are likely right, Kopps listed as 6-0 200, actually looks 5-10 180.

MLB does not view Kopps as a prototype. He's is likely viewed as a old guy (24) that figured out college baseball after staying 3 years longer than the 21 year olds that are preferred