Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright Bulldogs It is time. Pack the Hump, starting NOW

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Alright Bulldogs It is time. Pack the Hump, starting NOW

We have been waiting for the Hump to be back to what it was in 2001-2006. Now is the time. We have the talent. Let me say this again, we have the TALENT.

WE NEED TO GET THE HUMP PACKED NOW. Not when Kentucky comes to town. Not after we get ranked. We need the energy now. We need our guys working through the big crowd jitters against these nobody teams. So when it comes down to Kentucky and Ole Miss, our guys are conditioned to the intensity of the HUMP. That is why we keep having let down games every time we pack the hump. The guys are too juiced.

IT is time we do our part and start making MBK a priority. And good news is, no punters or FG kickers at basketball games. Already one thing going for us.

vCash
    Agree. Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash
    Attendance was 6671 according to HailState. CBH did say he was happy with the loud crowd,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    We have been waiting for the Hump to be back to what it was in 2001-2006. Now is the time. We have the talent. Let me say this again, we have the TALENT.

WE NEED TO GET THE HUMP PACKED NOW. Not when Kentucky comes to town. Not after we get ranked. We need the energy now. We need our guys working through the big crowd jitters against these nobody teams. So when it comes down to Kentucky and Ole Miss, our guys are conditioned to the intensity of the HUMP. That is why we keep having let down games every time we pack the hump. The guys are too juiced.

IT is time we do our part and start making MBK a priority. And good news is, no punters or FG kickers at basketball games. Already one thing going for us.
    Were you there tonight?

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Were you there tonight?
    I was there and there were not 6700 people there.

OP is right with everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post

counting error?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    counting error?
    May have been counting tickets purchased. You see similar discrepancies at baseball games (mlb/minors) where tickets are purchased either by season or businesses to give out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Were you there tonight?
    Man, unfortunately no. I had a scheduling conflict and couldn't go. As evident, our fanbase (me included) has gotten into a habit in not prioritizing our MBK team. We are out of habit.
    But as I said, I am going to make it a high priority to give this team an atmosphere.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    May have been counting tickets purchased. You see similar discrepancies at baseball games (mlb/minors) where tickets are purchased either by season or businesses to give out.
    I assume that this was the case. Student section was decently full, and there was a better crowd than usual for a season opener, but the arena was not over half full. My guess would be 4,000-4,500.

vCash

There were maybe 2000 at best judging by what was shown on the TV.
    We need 11k there and a line outside. I propose we start tailgating for basketball games.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    We need 11k there and a line outside. I propose we start tailgating for basketball games.
    It was half full

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    The women?s team coming back down to earth and a nice start will get fans back by SEC play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    The women?s team coming back down to earth and a nice start will get fans back by SEC play
    I agree but this should never have had any effect on our men's team attendance.

Banned
    vCash
    From 2001 for 2006 or whatever during Rick's Rowdy days, are we not typically a 10 + 6 or 9 and 7 type of team with that one 14 and 2 season? Haven't we been a nice little chunk over 500 last two seasons? If we go on a nice SEC run, I think this is the year the humps going to start rocking again

vCash

Definitely not that many there. The crowd wasn't great by any means, but for a Wednesday night vs a nobody, I thought it was better than the last few years. Hopefully attendance is about to trend up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    From 2001 for 2006 or whatever during Rick's Rowdy days, are we not typically a 10 + 6 or 9 and 7 type of team with that one 14 and 2 season? Haven't we been a nice little chunk over 500 last two seasons? If we go on a nice SEC run, I think this is the year the humps going to start rocking again
    I believe State has the third most wins in the SEC since 2017 but everyone acts like we suck.

Stansbury had 3 very good years 2002-2004. Other than that Stansbury was pretty mediocre here. We are back to Stans levels of play outside of those 3 years, but we are nowhere near the fan support.

Good home crowds in basketball affect the outcome of the game more than any other sport. Fans' presence can have a direct impact on the game. This team is going to be good. Our fans don't need to give up on this team if they happen to lose a game that we should have won. Crazy things can happen in March, we just have to make sure we are there.

Banned
    vCash
    I believe State has the third most wins in the SEC since 2017 but everyone acts like we suck.

Stansbury had 3 very good years 2002-2004. Other than that Stansbury was pretty mediocre here. We are back to Stans levels of play outside of those 3 years, but we are nowhere near the fan support.

Good home crowds in basketball affect the outcome of the game more than any other sport. Fans' presence can have a direct impact on the game. This team is going to be good. Our fans don't need to give up on this team if they happen to lose a game that we should have won. Crazy things can happen in March, we just have to make sure we are there.
    When Howlin move to Vegas and started signing those top players most fans including myself expected instant miracles. Didn't happen out of the gate which resulted in fan apathy. We do indeed have a fan base that will travel to basketball games because we have proven so in the past.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    It was between 4-5k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    When Howlin move to Vegas and started signing those top players most fans including myself expected instant miracles. Didn't happen out of the gate which resulted in fan apathy. We do indeed have a fan base that will travel to basketball games because we have proven so in the past.
    Most of our fanbase won't travel from their couch to the arena 30 miles away.

Fans at the game equates to more wins.

A program like MSU doesn't instantly get good with zero fan support.

vCash
    In reality, unless fans know we have a championship contending team, it will NEVER be like it was. Not when every game is either viewable on TV or online. It wasn't that way back in the Stansbury days. A lot of fans have to travel at least 2 hours one way just to get to a game and they aren't going to do that when they can watch at home for free. Just one of the negatives of being a rural campus without a dedicated basketball fanbase.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 11-11-2021 at 12:01 PM.