Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Men?s Home Opener - North Alabama Game Thread

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    It will interesting to see the full stats on the game. Mathews had 15 rebounds.

vCash
    So we decided to take off over 11:30 in this game without making a FG and we are still leading by 25. Isaac Stansbury is in the game.

vCash
    Good opener, did what we needed to do. We have a chance to be pretty good

vCash
    Ballgame.
    Lots of good in that game. Good 1st game. It showed us a few things we need to work on. Got a solid win, which is something to build off of.

First thoughts:
    Brooks moves really well.
    DJ Jeffries is big, needs to be more deliberate with his play.
    Carter is a baller.
    Mathews still has a great motor.
    Iverson is still iverson. Gets to the rim anytime he wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Good opener, did what we needed to do. We have a chance to be pretty good
    I agree. We need a crowd at these games. I want the team to feel the energy now, not just when Kentucky comes to town.

vCash
    I liked Post and saw where he had 14 points in BC's only game, second highest also 6 RB

vCash

It ain?t just his free throws. It?s layups dunks anything

that involves putting the ball in the basket

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Why is Davis bringing the ball down? Why is he dribbling?
    Big feces alert?

vCash
    So Coach mentioned something about Moliner position when Tolu gets back and I missed most of it. Did anyone else catch the postgame chat between him and Richard?

vCash
    Controlled the game form start to finish . As we should have
    First game of the season, 2 starters out, and lots of new faces
    Brooks was even more impressive than I thought he would be on defense. He is as good as Ado defensively with offense
    DJ will continue to get better. Kid hasn?t been coached probably ever .. Penny didn?t coach shit he just had a bunch of talent
    Cam carter was very impressive for a true freshman he will get someone minutes this year which is a good thing
    Matthews is going to be hard to keep off the court , thats also a very good thing.. 7/14/4/2/2 very impressive stats
    I said it last year Iverson was the best college player we had on the court then and that?s still true this year
    Played lots of guys , lots of minutes, very deep bench and that will be a huge factor in league play
    Outside of Davis we were sold from the foul line

Team will only get better as the year goes on... Defense travels and we will defend
    Outside shooting still a big concern .. hopefully Rocket can help there .. and I think Garcia ( suspended last night ) can stroke it.. just not sure where his minutes come from

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    DJ Jeffries is big, needs to be more deliberate with his play.
    This is something I'm just a little worried about after last night. He left Memphis because he didn't want to play the 4 and came here in part because we told him he'd be a 3. I think he can absolutely be effective from that spot, just likely not as the iso/point style 3 he's probably got in his head and looked to be trying to do last night. Hoping Ari is right and he just needs some decent coaching to find his niche.

vCash
    My takes on last night.

Team: We are talented everywhere, still got to work out chemistry with certain lineups as expected but we moved the ball well at times and looked more polished than expected. The dry spell is an issue to work on. We couldn't hit anything and UNA hit all they threw up. Talent differential was large as it should have been.

Individual
    Molinar is the straw that stirs the drink, one of top players in SEC for a reason.
    Brooks is just what this team needed. Get Tulu back and we will be a force down low and as good as any in SEC.
    Matthews is a warrior, a righthanded Brandon Vincent type player. What don't show up in the stat sheet shows up on the floor.
    Fountain is a versatile player. Didn't see as much scoring last night but another great multitool player to have on team.

Moore was better than I thought he would be. Reminds me of Derek Fisher who played for UALR and Lakers. Decent outside shooter, good ball skills and has some hops. Another very good offseason get.
    Carter looked good for a freshman.
    Davis just is really rough around the edges. He can give some good minutes off bench but should only get low minutes with other talent we have.

DJ was out of synch last night. Hope he can figure it out. He looked good at Memphis and had his way on us in NIT game. It could end up like Malik Newman too. He has the tools.

I'm probably missing someone but overall a good first outing. Expecting big things this year. I saw nothing last night that took any of that away.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    My takes on last night.

Team: We are talented everywhere, still got to work out chemistry with certain lineups as expected but we moved the ball well at times and looked more polished than expected. The dry spell is an issue to work on. We couldn't hit anything and UNA hit all they threw up. Talent differential was large as it should have been.

Individual
    Molinar is the straw that stirs the drink, one of top players in SEC for a reason.
    Brooks is just what this team needed. Get Tulu back and we will be a force down low and as good as any in SEC.
    Matthews is a warrior, a righthanded Brandon Vincent type player. What don't show up in the stat sheet shows up on the floor.
    Fountain is a versatile player. Didn't see as much scoring last night but another great multitool player to have on team.

Moore was better than I thought he would be. Reminds me of Derek Fisher who played for UALR and Lakers. Decent outside shooter, good ball skills and has some hops. Another very good offseason get.
    Davis just is really rough around the edges. He can give some good minutes off bench but should only get low minutes with other talent we have.

DJ was out of synch last night. Hope he can figure it out. He looked good at Memphis and had his way on us in NIT game. It could end up like Malik Newman too. He has the tools.

I'm probably missing someone but overall a good first outing. Expecting big things this year. I saw nothing last night that took any of that away.
    Excellent and thank you R2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    My takes on last night.

Individual

Good analysis. And agreed

vCash
    It's just game 1, but DJ appeared to be attacking the basket like a hitter that was deciding to swing before the pitch was thrown. He looked out of place. I will follow him Saturday the entire game and see if I can nail down what is happening.
    Downvotes_Hype