Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers

vCash

Will Rogers

In the second half was really good. Actually he has improved so much and is getting so much better every week. Biggest thing I saw against Arkansas was his ability to move out of the pocket and not get sacked as much as in the past. This comes from experience as well as him seeing the field better and finding his second or third receiver.
    Fact is he is going to break many passing records that will be held for a long long time in this offense. He is still a young man maturing and showing much better arm strength. I have seen many (and even a good friend) saying he will face competition or we need a better QB, I say it ain't gonna happen. Dude may have 3 years from a Covid year, his future is bright and he is starting to show more leadership. Seems to me he and the Pirate have a good relationship and understanding about his ability.

Btw yes the offense has improved, I'm on board as I had doubts, but we gotta recruit and get some speed on both side of the ball. Special teams have been talked about and all I can say is it needs work.

vCash
    Bucky's son has come a long way. He's starting to look like a nice college qb. Good job, will and leach

vCash
    He will likely start for 4.5 yrs. There is no doubt that he will own every passing record at MSU. You could literally replace him with any other QB, and while you might not get the exact total, you?d still have the same records. We throw the ball 75% of the time. That said, he is a system QB and this is his best situation possible. He?s playing admirably and is not the reason we are losing games. He?s transitioned to putting us in position to win. It?s just not happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    He will likely start for 4.5 yrs. There is no doubt that he will own every passing record at MSU. You could literally replace him with any other QB, and while you might not get the exact total, you?d still have the same records. We throw the ball 75% of the time. That said, he is a system QB and this is his best situation possible. He?s playing admirably and is not the reason we are losing games. He?s transitioned to putting us in position to win. It?s just not happening.
    I will say, if you take qbs from all of the other SEC schools. 3 may have the same numbers as Will. It is not as plug and play as you make it sound. You still have to have to make throws.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    I will say, if you take qbs from all of the other SEC schools. 3 may have the same numbers as Will. It is not as plug and play as you make it sound. You still have to have to make throws.
    What 3?

vCash
    80% of his throws have been 15 yards or less. Don?t get so infatuated with our guy to become completely unable to use reason. Greek may have similar numbers had he been here and started instead of Will. I would argue that almost any P5 QB would have the same type numbers and there are a few that might have more. Leach?s scheme is the star. He doesn?t need a ton of actual talent to run it, or so he says.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What 3?
    Bryce Young
    JT Daniels
    And maybe Matt Corral. I think Matt would struggle because it is not open receivers streaking down the field.
    Last edited by MBDawg601; 11-07-2021 at 09:20 AM.

vCash
    Bryce Young
    JT Daniels
    And maybe Matt Corral. I think Matt would struggle because it is not open receiver streaking down field.
    Bucky?s burner account👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
    😂😂😂

vCash
    80% of his throws have been 15 yards or less. Don?t get so infatuated with our guy to become completely unable to use reason. Greek may have similar numbers had he been here and started instead of Will. I would argue that almost any P5 QB would have the same type numbers and there are a few that might have more. Leach?s scheme is the star. He doesn?t need a ton of actual talent to run it, or so he says.
    Then why even recruit a qb? Just save the scholarship and play a walk on by your logic.

vCash
    You?re being stupid. There is a talent threshold. Will is not a great athlete. He?s a well coached- his dad raised him to run AirRaid- kid gifted with usable physical attributes. Why do you think only MSU and WSU were his only P5 offers? He is serviceable in the right system. He?s just as fortunate that we have Leach as Leach is to have him. He?s not wowing anyone with his arm talent.

vCash
    Bryce Young
    JT Daniels
    And maybe Matt Corral. I think Matt would struggle because it is not open receiver streaking down field.
    If you include Daniels (and I would), then you have to include Bennett. Bennett leads the sec in passer rating, and he starts over Daniels.

Since this isn't a dual threat offense, I agree hooker snd kj wouldn't work as a pocket passer. I do think both are better college qbs at this point though.

I think bazelak is every bit as good as will and more talented.

Corral is a far superior qb, and pretty ridiculous to not include him. He's gonna be starting in the nfl soon

vCash
    You?re being stupid. There is a talent threshold. Will is not a great athlete. He?s a well coached- his dad raised him to run AirRaid- kid gifted with usable physical attributes. Why do you think only MSU and WSU were his only P5 offers? He is serviceable in the right system. He?s just as fortunate that we have Leach as Leach is to have him. He?s not wowing anyone with his arm talent.
    Not sure what you have against giving Will credit, but it is pretty apparent you won't budge.

The dude just broke the passing efficiency record for 30+ attempts in the SEC. Not sure what more to say to you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If you include Daniels (and I would), then you have to include Bennett. Bennett leads the sec in passer rating, and he starts over Daniels.

Since this isn't a dual threat offense, I agree hooker snd kj wouldn't work as a pocket passer. I do think both are better college qbs at this point though.

I think bazelak is every bit as good as will and more talented.

Corral is a far superior qb, and pretty ridiculous to not include him. He's gonna be starting in the nfl soon
    I'm saying, if you take them and put them in this exact skeem/team. Bennett has an OUTSTANDING run game to set up the pass.

Our offense is a pass first offense. You have to be patient and make throws consistently. Not many qbs out there can do it.

vCash
    Not sure what you have against giving Will credit, but it is pretty apparent you won't budge.

The dude just broke the passing efficiency record for 30+ attempts in the SEC. Not sure what more to say to you.
    I gave him credit. Read my first post. Just because I don?t drool over him like you do doesn?t mean that I don?t appreciate him. I attempt to be a bit more logical when evaluating situations and players. He is playing good ball, and will own every passing record at MSU, Bucky, but that?s not because he?s a world talent. It?s because he will finish his career with the most starts in this system.

vCash
    I'm saying, if you take them and put them in this exact skeem/team. Bennett has an OUTSTANDING run game to set up the pass.

Our offense is a pass first offense. You have to be patient and make throws consistently. Not many qbs out there can do it.
    Definitely Bucky?s burner account.

vCash
    I gave him credit. Read my first post. Just because I don?t drool over him like you do doesn?t mean that I don?t appreciate him. I attempt to be a bit more logical when evaluating situations and players. He is playing good ball, and will own every passing record at MSU, Bucky, but that?s not because he?s a world talent. It?s because he will finish his career with the most starts in this system.
    My post to you simply said if you take ALL of the SEC qbs and put them in this system. 3 may have similar numbers.

How is that drooling? You basically tee off on him after I say that.

vCash
    If he starts every game through the 2024 season, he'll own every NCAA passing record. Mark it down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    If he starts every game through the 2024 season, he'll own every NCAA passing record. Mark it down.
    Product of the system. According to Holiday. A nutless monkey could break that record.

vCash
    Definitely Bucky?s burner account.
    The moment you realize you have lost the debate, start straying off topic.

Good day sir.

vCash
    So were Joe Montana's his 1st two SB years. Just saying. Will's ypa last night was 8.68.

He played well last night IMO. Odom had 2 weeks to game plan for us. Will threw an early pick but really didn't beat us early on and he a and WRs adjusted and made some plays as game went on.

ETA: In fact both really good Coordinators 2 weeks and they used it too according to Pittman. They're as good a coordinator combo as there is in the league most likely.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-07-2021 at 10:05 AM.