Thread: Miss. State Women's Basketball vs Alabama State

vCash

Miss. State Women's Basketball vs Alabama State

Halftime

Miss. State 53
    Alabama State 31

Rickey Jackson 18 pts
    Anastasia Hayes 11 pts
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-09-2021 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    Rickea will get a sweet NIL deal next summer, in Texas.

vCash
    Final
    Miss. State 91
    Alabama State 62

Rickea Jackson 26 pts
    Anastasia Hayes 17 pts (first game for Miss. St)
    Jerkaila Jordan 15 pts (first game for Miss. St)
    Denae Carter 9 pts (first college game)
    Myah Taylor 8 pts, 11 assists (career high assists)

Played a good Alabama State team tonight. Including... 16-4 overall , and 14-3 in conf last season. Also, they nearly made the NCAA Tourney last season (1 point loss to Jackson State in SWAC Championship Game) My opinion, solid early season test
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-10-2021 at 05:18 PM.

vCash
    Mississippi State wins big over Alabama State 91-62 in a game that wasn?t that close. ASU was overmatched but MSU played well. Their body language and entire structure of their offense and defense looked better. 18 assists with only 6 turnovers. Based off what I?ve seen to date I like D Carter, R Jackson, J Jordan, An Hayes, and M Taylor starting with R Fairley, C Kohl, A Hayes, and A Jones coming off the bench. Anastasia Hayes and Ashley Jones are both hard nosed aggressive players. We do have to find a way to rest R Jackson and A Hayes needs to concentrate on developing into a backup point guard. Further, teams with any size are going to kill us. Overall a good showing but MSU has a long way to go and a tough road ahead.

vCash
    Serious question but does anyone actually care anymore? I do not but it also seems that we have about 10 media folks there so is the demand for wbb still there or are they just trying to fill a content void?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Serious question but does anyone actually care anymore? I do not but it also seems that we have about 10 media folks there so is the demand for wbb still there or are they just trying to fill a content void?
    True fans and of course family members do still care and I watched the game on t.v. there was a decent crowd of people who must still care also. Obviously the place wasn't rocking but I've seen worse crowds for a Tuesday night Women's game against a team like ASU... Serious question for you, why don't you care? Is it because Vic is gone now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    True fans and of course family members do still care and I watched the game on t.v. there was a decent crowd of people who must still care also. Obviously the place wasn't rocking but I've seen worse crowds for a Tuesday night Women's game against a team like ASU... Serious question for you, why don't you care? Is it because Vic is gone now?
    Partly for me it's Vic...but i was fully behind Pinson until she started her political and social agenda, then she sucked as a coach that was the nail in the coffin. It will take a good team playing again for my interest to peak again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Partly for me it's Vic...but i was fully behind Pinson until she started her political and social agenda, then she sucked as a coach that was the nail in the coffin. It will take a good team playing again for my interest to peak again.
    Well Penson is gone due to Health reasons so if that is part of your reasoning you can let that go. I'm curious if you support Mike Leach? You do know he has spoken multiple times about his political affiliation and is an known Trump supporter and has spoken many times about it... so my question is do you dislike Penson because you disagree with her political views or any coach who talks politics?

vCash

spot on

Well Penson is gone due to Health reasons so if that is part of your reasoning you can let that go. I'm curious if you support Mike Leach? You do know he has spoken multiple times about his political affiliation and is an known Trump supporter and has spoken many times about it... so my question is do you dislike Penson because you disagree with her political views or any coach who talks politics?
    "I don't like her, she made me mad...boohoo"

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I am glad you still watch and are a fan. I think that's awesome. The non big 3 sports need more support. Women's soccer games are fun, and I have been planning to make a volleyball game for a while.

However, 95% of the people who were super fans 2 years ago are pretty quiet. Has the game changed? Are the women not as fundamentally sound as they used to be? * I guess all the excuses why people went to women's games instead of men's have gone away now.

Also, get to the Hump tonight if possible. This has the chance to be a really good team.

vCash
    Is this a RACE baiting question?? I have never seen LEACH bring politics into his lockeroom or the spotlight. Of course he can be a supporter of TRUMP, but he does not take the spotlight to further his AGENDA. Penson might be a good person, but she SUCKED as a coach and turned MS STATE womans basketball form a powerhouse to the laughing stock of the SEC.. That is the bottom line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    Mississippi State wins big over Alabama State 91-62 in a game that wasn?t that close. ASU was overmatched but MSU played well. Their body language and entire structure of their offense and defense looked better. 18 assists with only 6 turnovers. Based off what I?ve seen to date I like D Carter, R Jackson, J Jordan, An Hayes, and M Taylor starting with R Fairley, C Kohl, A Hayes, and A Jones coming off the bench. Anastasia Hayes and Ashley Jones are both hard nosed aggressive players. We do have to find a way to rest R Jackson and A Hayes needs to concentrate on developing into a backup point guard. Further, teams with any size are going to kill us. Overall a good showing but MSU has a long way to go and a tough road ahead.
    Any updates on Jessika Carter?

vCash
    Good
    - We beat a good team
    - Looked "better" as a team
    - Few TOs
    - Good Assists
    - Good Inside Scoring

Bad
    - 3 Pt Shooting was NOT good
    - We got beat on the boards

Definitely more + than - for the first game under new coach!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Any updates on Jessika Carter?
    No. She still has to go through the legal system then the student disciplinary council.

vCash
    Best to Jessika Carter. Coach Novak indicated in earlier interview that she was still part of the basketball team, and just taking some time off.
    Felt that Miss. State would have been well served to add at least 1 additional post player (either power forward or.center) during the offseason. Also, I was constantly posting available frontcourt players in the transfer portal earlier this year...saw the high priority. For some reason, at a point during the summer..they announce that the team was complete. Could still look to add an immediately eligible second semester transfer frontcourt player, power forward or center.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-10-2021 at 11:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylesandi338 View Post
    Is this a RACE baiting question?? I have never seen LEACH bring politics into his lockeroom or the spotlight. Of course he can be a supporter of TRUMP, but he does not take the spotlight to further his AGENDA. Penson might be a good person, but she SUCKED as a coach and turned MS STATE womans basketball form a powerhouse to the laughing stock of the SEC.. That is the bottom line
    This is definitely not a race baiting question.. race was never brought up until you brought it up. It was a response to a political issue that was mentioned. All that being said, I can post multiple things Leach has said that was political and turned some heads... but he doesn't seem to get that same backlash. But I support him regardless, just like I did Nikki and just like I do Novak now. I'll never let that stop me from supporting any of our programs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylesandi338 View Post
    Just to refresh your memory:

https://yallpolitics.com/2020/02/06/...eachment-vote/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tump/85499388/

Leach has always been this way...... but you don't hear as much about this from some of our fanbase. But they sure attacked Nikki. I'm only showing facts... and I'm neither Democrat or republican.. they all suck in my opionion.
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 11-10-2021 at 12:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Not till we see some evidence of a different team. Beating ASU told us nothing.

We need to win thought while we still have some talent here. We can still recover the women's program. Another year of losing and the talent will dry up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Not till we see some evidence of a different team. Beating ASU told us nothing.

We need to win thought while we still have some talent here. We can still recover the women's program. Another year of losing and the talent will dry up.
    I agree to some extent, but I do think ASU was a nice opening game for this team, they had a good record last year and some of those girls weren't bad. Our next game against South Dakota State will tell us alot more, they are good every year and always make the tournament. I've listened to every interview Novak has had since taking over and the man is very knowledgeable, I don't know if that translates to wins yet but he can definitely speak the part. We do have alot of talent on this team so who knows what can happen. And if we can get Jessika Carter back at some point we will be dangerous, our biggest weakness so far that I've seen is lack of size in the post.

vCash
    Good Coaches don't always make the best HC. It's way more than just X and O's. I like what he says and I do think he is a good X and O Coach, I hope we can recruit and rebuild to one of the better WBB programs. Time will tell and yes it's way early, but winning any games early builds confidence. Not sure Pinson had much help as far as assistants, but that's another story that isn't important now.