Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you guys letting C34 and his ?airbone? bullshit off this week?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    So? They still average 37.8 to our 28

http://cfbstats.com/2021/leader/911/...09/sort01.html
    Which is heavily padded by their OOC schedule. In conference they are at 31 to our 27.3 - again with 1 less game played. Basically, all our missed FG's is our scoring average difference in league play***

ETA: I actually shouldn't have put ***** - we have missed 7 FG in SEC games. That is literally the difference in our scoring average in conference games.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 11-09-2021 at 04:12 PM.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

Pretty sure a lot of those numbers were put up during the 1st 3 weeks of the season when they were scoring 40+ on Louisville and a few other crappy teams

43 against lousiville
    54 against austin peay
    61 against tulane
    21 garbage time points against Alabama
    52 against Arkansas ( most impressive)
    31 against Tennessee
    31 against LSU
    20 against auburn
    27 against liberty

massive drop off since that tulane game and outside of the arkansas game.. that offense has looked very human

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Which is heavily padded by their OOC schedule. In conference they are at 31 to our 27.3 - again with 1 less game played. Basically, all our missed FG's is our scoring average difference in league play***

ETA: I actually shouldn't have put ***** - we have missed 7 FG in SEC games. That is literally the difference in our scoring average in conference games.
    exactly... but special teams Is apart of the game and we HAVE to do something about it. Glad leach is doing something about it

vCash
    OM's biggest reason for averaging that many more points is that they often times get more possessions due to playing less defense.

For example: vs Arkansas, MSU had 10 possessions with obviously the 10th being cut short due to time running out. However, when OM played Arkansas, they had 12 full possessions from which to score points along with missing no FGs.

So with 12 full possessions & no missed FGs, MSU has 6 more points due to making the first 2 FGs & would've likely had a great chance at scoring another TD on our final drive vs Arkansas, which would've equaled 41 points. Then we would've had two more possessions from which to attempt to equal OM's 52 points.

By playing defense & not allowing the other offense to score on 4 plays, MSU had many less possessions that Ole Miss this season

That being said, I think our offense is quickly becoming equal to theirs but theirs was far more explosive early in the season while ours was a liability
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

I know you look at advanced stats some, so I have a hard time believing you think we're as good as them offensively. FEI (updated) has them at #5 and us at #30. Hell, traditional stats have them better. I'd like to see you make a case for this this anywhere but a miss state board... you'd be laughed at

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    OM's biggest reason for averaging that many more points is that they often times get more possessions due to playing less defense.

For example: vs Arkansas, MSU had 10 possessions with obviously the 10th being cut short due to time running out. However, when OM played Arkansas, they had 12 full possessions from which to score points along with missing no FGs.

So with 12 full possessions & no missed FGs, MSU has 6 more points due to making the first 2 FGs & would've likely had a great chance at scoring another TD on our final drive vs Arkansas, which would've equaled 41 points. Then we would've had two more possessions from which to attempt to equal OM's 52 points.

By playing defense & not allowing the other offense to score on 4 plays, MSU had many less possessions that Ole Miss this season

That being said, I think our offense is quickly becoming equal to theirs but theirs was far more explosive early in the season while ours was a liability
    Also, they never took the breaks off those first 3 games so those points were unnecessary because they left all their starters in the whole game... hell we coulda racked up 60 on vandy if we didn't settle for kicks and punts... they go for it on 4th down up 4 touchdowns on tulane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I know you look at advanced stats some, so I have a hard time believing you think we're as good as them offensively. FEI (updated) has them at #5 and us at #30. Hell, traditional stats have them better. I'd like to see you make a case for this this anywhere but a miss state board... you'd be laughed at
    Never made that claim - but as you and C34 know - you can about make stats say anything. Or, as someone once said, "there are lies, damn lies, and statistics"
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Lol, they're 9th in total plays, and we're #12. They've had 7 more plays this year

vCash
    Never made that claim - but as you and C34 know - you can about make stats say anything. Or, as someone once said, "there are lies, damn lies, and statistics"
    But you can't make any stat favor us

vCash
    Exactly. We are still The Airbone. We aren?t putting up 40 with a quick strike offense
    Childish name calling tactics are for children.

vCash
    Forget trying to prove we're on their level offensively, we aren't. We can absolutely still beat them though bc their defense isn't good. Our offense vs the defense and their offense vs our defense could be a draw.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We are way closer to them offensively now than at the beginning of the year. We have figured some things out and they have a ton of injuries. We are much better defensively than they are. When they are full strength on offense it isn’t close but they aren’t anywhere near full strength at this point. They have averaged 27.5 over their last 4 games which coincides with their injury issues. We are also averaging about that much for the year. The gap has closed.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-09-2021 at 04:33 PM.

vCash
    But you can't make any stat favor us
    No. But the disparity in their offense versus ours is nowhere near as grand as some people want to make it seem. The fact is that they started out with a bang against weaker competition while we struggled. Our performance has improved - or at least statistically not suffered in conference play - while theirs is trending downward. If our offensive output in conference games dropped 6 points on average like theirs has, you would be ripping Leach (justifiably).
    Interestingly, MSU is one of only 3 teams in the SEC that doesn't see a scoring average drop of 1 point or more in total scoring vs. SEC only scoring. UGA is a +1.6, A&M is -.1, and MSU is -.7 Next closest is Ten. at a -2.2 ppg. Auburn is the worst seeing their scoring average drop 10.1 ppg in SEC play (31.3 to 21.2). Same thing can be said for our Total Offense. OM sees a 55 ypg drop in their average when you look at SEC only, while we have actually increased our YPG from 432 to 445. Again, if our out put dropped like that people would be going nuts about how we made all our hay against bad teams. By the time we finish the SEC schedule, I won't be surprised if we have a better scoring average and total yards in conference only games.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    No. But the disparity in their offense versus ours is nowhere near as grand as some people want to make it seem. The fact is that they started out with a bang against weaker competition while we struggled. Our performance has improved - or at least statistically not suffered in conference play - while theirs is trending downward. If our offensive output in conference games dropped 6 points on average like theirs has, you would be ripping Leach (justifiably).
    Interestingly, MSU is one of only 3 teams in the SEC that doesn't see a scoring average drop of 1 point or more in total scoring vs. SEC only scoring. UGA is a +1.6, A&M is -.1, and MSU is -.7 Next closest is Ten. at a -2.2 ppg. Auburn is the worst seeing their scoring average drop 10.1 ppg in SEC play (31.3 to 21.2). Same thing can be said for our Total Offense. OM sees a 55 ypg drop in their average when you look at SEC only, while we have actually increased our YPG from 432 to 445. Again, if our out put dropped like that people would be going nuts about how we made all our hay against bad teams. By the time we finish the SEC schedule, I won't be surprised if we have a better scoring average and total yards in conference only games.
    Maybe. They have a very tough matchup for them this week, but I think run it up vs vandy and go 30+ on us

ETA... I'll be very impressed if we light the scoreboard up this week. I expect us to go 30+ vs OM too. I think egg is a shootout
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-09-2021 at 04:48 PM.

vCash
    Maybe. They have a very tough matchup for them this week, but I think run it up vs vandy and go 30+ on us

ETA... I'll be very impressed if we light the scoreboard up this week. I expect us to go 30+ vs OM too. I think egg is a shootout
    I would feel much more confident if this wasn't on the Plains. But, if last week's Bo Nix shows up and normal Will shows up, this will be a blow out. I'm not predicting it - but that is not a far fetched possibility.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I would feel much more confident if this wasn't on the Plains. But, if last week's Bo Nix shows up and normal Will shows up, this will be a blow out. I'm not predicting it - but that is not a far fetched possibility.
    Bo Nix is pretty good at home. We will have to play better than last week on defense to beat them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Childish name calling tactics are for children.
    Our HC?s childish nickname is Tbe Pirate. I haven?t seen you complain about that
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

I suspect our numbers would be much closer if we also played Austin Peay and 1-8 Tulane.

vCash
    Our HC?s childish nickname is Tbe Pirate. I haven?t seen you complain about that
    I know being obtuse is your game, but to compare The Pirate to what you do is ridiculous.

Airbone
    Stands
    Dan Walsh
    Check down Charlie ? this was for our most storied football player in the history of the program.
    Jake Mandumb ? for one of our most storied baseball players in history.
    Foambat

These are only the ones I remember. I?m sure there are a lot more I forgot. If I knew you didn?t hate Ole Miss so much, I would swear you were on Ole Miss fan they way you love to shit on our players, coaches, and teams.

vCash
    I’ve never heard of Jake Mandumb before today. Where did you see that?

ISeenIt started FoamBat. As good as it was- I just can’t take credit for it. Don’t leave out CroomCoastOffense, Bearsharks, Bearfins, and other greats I’ve posted as well.

A nickname is a nickname. People that like them- it’s fine. If they don’t like it- they bitch or call it “childish”. Calling it the Airbone because of the number of plays run and time of possession is no different than calling a grown man a pirate. You just like one of them and dislike the other
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is