Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you guys letting C34 and his ?airbone? bullshit off this week?

vCash

Are you guys letting C34 and his ?airbone? bullshit off this week?

Didn?t see his Sunday AM after thoughts to bad mouth our HC and his antiquated offense philosophies or his weekly banters about how Leach won?t work here. What?s the deal C34? Moving this weekend as well?

vCash
    I didnt watch one ****ing play of Saturday's game. So I didnt comment on it. I was with my kids on Saturday and then with my girlfriend.

I kept up on gamecast and thought we had won the game when it said turnover on downs on the 4th down play. Had no idea we got called for holding until 2 hours later when we got to the local watering hole 2 hours after the game.

You calling me out after a loss is pretty damn funny
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    Didn?t see his Sunday AM after thoughts to bad mouth our HC and his antiquated offense philosophies or his weekly banters about how Leach won?t work here. What?s the deal C34? Moving this weekend as well?
    You know we lost right??

vCash
    When I think of triple option offense, I think of 2 stats, TOP and low yds/play. So I looked em up, we're 7th nationally in TOP (navy, AF, and army all top 5). We're 73rd in yds/play (army is 74th and AF is 81st). Bonus, we're 72nd in scoring offense (AF is 73rd). Coincidence? Maybe so

Haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When I think of triple option offense, I think of 2 stats, TOP and low yds/play. So I looked em up, we're 7th nationally in TOP (navy, AF, and army all top 5). We're 73rd in yds/play (army is 74th and AF is 81st). Bonus, we're 72nd in scoring offense (AF is 73rd). Coincidence? Maybe so

Haha
    Exactly. We are still The Airbone. We aren’t putting up 40 with a quick strike offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Exactly. We are still The Airbone. We aren’t putting up 40 with a quick strike offense
    Got into field goal range fairly fast. I can see the comparison to the wishbone though. I personally think this offense is a better product than the wishbone. Admittedly this wouldnt be my first choice of offense though.

Banned
    vCash
    C34 Didn't watch because he threw in the towel and admitted he was wrong last week. Clearly gets off on being right about us being bad and couldn't bear to watch anymore. Excuses be damned.

As for the "airbone" moniker. If you read Leach's book (which I'm sure C34 has) Leach himself says the Air Raid employs the same philosophies and is the passing version of the Triple Option. As it's about distributing the ball. The difference is when we "need" to quick strike, we generally have been able to this year. One team has stopped us, Alabama. It's simply more efficient and teams have decided to sacrifice the underneath rather than the over the top.

Also lol at the arbitrary 40 point cut off. This offense put us in position for 37 against "perfect matchup" Arkansas. ST just only converted 4/13. It's interesting in a neutrally called game and not one where one team is screwed 3/4 plays in a row by home cooking, we hold Ark to 23 which is below the 24 target this ball control offense should need to be successful. (With college average ST play and no ref screw jobs, that arbitrary 24 point line that Ive drawn has us 7-2. The exceptions being LT and Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You know we lost right??
    I don't think he got the memo.

vCash
    To be fair, "airbone" and criticism of this offense has had nothing to do with wins and losses. It had to do with the offense.

We had 500 yards and scored 28 points on the road against a top 35 defense. And had three missed fg, one of which was a 23 yarder.

31-37 points on the road in this league against a solid defense is a sign this offense will work. Anybody thinking otherwise is not being fair or rational.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You know we lost right??
    But that has nothing to do with the genesis of airbone and the criticism of this offense.

vCash
    This is some TMZ shit.

vCash
    Did you just really call the Air Raid a quick strike offense?

vCash
    Let's see, you bitch when Coach posts and you bitch when he doesn't. Are you ever happy?

vCash
    Exactly. We are still The Airbone. We aren?t putting up 40 with a quick strike offense
    Yet. Well I don't expect we'll ever average 40 per game in the SEC but there's been a noticeable improvement every week (for the most part) over the last two years.

If our Offense would learn to come out firing instead of hibernating for a quarter and a half every game I think we'd all be pretty pleased with the results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Yet. Well I don't expect we'll ever average 40 per game in the SEC but there's been a noticeable improvement every week (for the most part) over the last two years.

If our Offense would learn to come out firing instead of hibernating for a quarter and a half every game I think we'd all be pretty pleased with the results.
    I completely agree that the offense is getting better.

But- We are 2nd in the SEC in plays run but only 7th in Total yards. Mississippi is 1st in plays run (8 more plays than us) but averages 90 more YPG. We are a ball control football team. The Airbone is not necessarily a bad thing

vCash

But- We are 2nd in the SEC in plays run but only 7th in Total yards. Mississippi is 1st in plays run (8 more plays than us) but averages 90 more YPG. We are a ball control football team. The Airbone is not necessarily a bad thing
    Our defensive stats should probably be better considering our ball control offense.

vCash

That gap shrinks to 25 yards a game in SEC play - and they have played 1 less SEC game. Odds are that gap shrinks more over their next 3 games.

(We are also 4th in total yards in conference games only)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Let's see, you bitch when Coach posts and you bitch when he doesn't. Are you ever happy?
    he just thinks it's hip to attack a senior member of this board .... the guy is trying so hard to be cool
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

That ferocious Mississippi offense scored 27 points on liberty saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    That ferocious Mississippi offense scored 27 points on liberty saturday.
    So? They still average 37.8 to our 28

http://cfbstats.com/2021/leader/911/...09/sort01.html