Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May have found a kicker on campus already!!

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash

May have found a kicker on campus already!!

Here goes - kid is already on campus and kicked juco. Definitely looks thicker than McCord is and not too shabby of a leg. Let?s see if he can do it live in pads 😎🙏

https://twitter.com/hamiltonw19/stat...889985537?s=21
    "When opportunity knocks, ask for two forms of ID, because it is probably just trouble in disguise" - Tickle #Discovery Channel

vCash
    Certainly looks promising. I'd like to see the attempts against the fg block team in practice.

I had a buddy that walked on as a punter while I was at state. He came to class on crutches half the time... no penalties in practice for roughing haha

vCash
    Wow, looks good.

vCash
    He’s a punter more so than kicker
    https://njcaaregion14.com/sports/fba...up&r=0&pos=off
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Leach was in similar situation at tech. I believe he actually found his kicker in the student body and the kid went on and kicked all year for them successfully if I remember right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Leach was in similar situation at tech. I believe he actually found his kicker in the student body and the kid went on and kicked all year for them successfully if I remember right.
    Correct. I think it was the year he beat number 1 Texas.

vCash
    Hell let him try out. Can't do worse than Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Certainly looks promising. I'd like to see the attempts against the fg block team in practice.

I had a buddy that walked on as a punter while I was at state. He came to class on crutches half the time... no penalties in practice for roughing haha
    Times have changed since then, Paw Paw.

vCash
    Did we find a pass rusher? Or a LB with some size and speed too?

vCash
    What will be interesting, is if Leach does find a kicker and he kicks a game winning field goal against Auburn or TSUN. What will people say.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG1903 View Post
    What will be interesting, is if Leach does find a kicker and he kicks a game winning field goal against Auburn or TSUN. What will people say.....
    One group will praise Leach for addressing a problem.

The other group will criticize him for not doing this in camp because he had to have known his kickers weren't good.

vCash
    Are you talking Auburn and OM games for 2021? Or 2022?.... what is the statute of limitations on this genius kicker search?

Seems he has two PKs (that I know of) currently on the roster that he "found".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Times have changed since then, Paw Paw.
    I told you, I prefer dad when the grands aren't around, and you need to come to to me and your mom's house this weekend and bring the kids. She misses y'all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    One group will praise Leach for addressing a problem.

The other group will criticize him for not doing this in camp because he had to have known his kickers weren't good.
    Your right! No matter the argument/discussion there are always two ways to view it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Are you talking Auburn and OM games for 2021? Or 2022?.... what is the statute of limitations on this genius kicker search?

Seems he has two PKs (that I know of) currently on the roster that he "found".
    Then maybe since he called them out, they will do whatever is necessary to get better.

vCash
    Yep. That is probably his true intention with the comments.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Saw a comment last night from Brian Hazelwood's twitter saying that in 1998 he was having a slump and Jackie held an open kicker tryout that ended up putting Scott Westerfield on the team.

That one worked out OK.

vCash
    For the ones stating he should of found a kicker before the season, He has stated many times that these kids can kick great in practice, and they fall apart mentally in the game. So he wouldn't of known they are terrible before the season. He gave them a chance to figure it out and they never did. Now its time for the coach to DO what we pay him to do. Put the best team on the field that he can. He will get this figured out...

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    There was no way to know that Ruiz who was one of the best kickers in the country last year would get injured and then struggle post injury. That’s just a ridiculous argument considering how good the guy was last year.

vCash

Several others too

When I went to twitter, at least 3 others popped up on my feed. One is a former soccer player, hit 50+.

Reality, it wasn't the kicker's fault when he missed the one at the end to tie, it was the holder's set. So, we need a new holder too.