Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Cheap" "classless" say Pawllllll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    LOL... I remember The Dark Ages 87-07: Curry (I include him and exclude Stallings), Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula....

Pawllll HAMMERED most of them... and certainly would have eviscerated them had they done this...
    Ancient history lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    LOL... I remember The Dark Ages 87-07: Curry (I include him and exclude Stallings), Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula....

Pawllll HAMMERED most of them... and certainly would have eviscerated them had they done this...
    I'd love to compare your win percentage during those "Dark Ages" to Mullen's win percentage...our "Golden Era"....bro, your a fan of Alabama football, how have you not realized by now that you are NEVER allowed to complain of any lack of success of your football program. Yankees, Patriots, Bama football fans complaining about "down years" is like Elon Musk complaining to a waitress that he didn't order that 3rd Old Fashion on his bill...just pay the $15 and stfu!
    Last edited by Tripp McNeely; 11-08-2021 at 11:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I'd love to compare your win percentage during those "Dark Ages" to Mullen's win percentage...our "Golden Era"....bro, your a fan of Alabama football, how have you not realized by now that you are NEVER allowed to complain of any lack of success of your football program. Yankees, Patriots, Bama football fans complaining about "down years" is like Elon Musk complaining to a waitress that he didn't order that 3rd Old Fashion on his bill...just pay the $15 and stfu!
    LOL.... strong post....

oh, 46% to 60%...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Well ... I guess Leach could've been like JoMo was with Guidry, Hill, etc. Always patting them on the back telling them how great they are, while Guidry is dropping wide-open 3rd down passes for 1st downs when Fitz hits him right between the numbers. And raving about Hill's big yards against weak teams while he's gaining zilch against really good defenses and letting Fitz get killed cause he won't/can't block LBs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Well ... I guess Leach could've been like JoMo was with Guidry, Hill, etc. Always patting them on the back telling them how great they are, while Guidry is dropping wide-open 3rd down passes for 1st downs when Fitz hits him right between the numbers. And raving about Hill's big yards against weak teams while he's gaining zilch against really good defenses and letting Fitz get killed cause he won't/can't block LBs.
    I don't think anyone gives a crap how leach talks to the team in private. I think the rub is doing it publicly.

And I asked this in the other thread on this subject, why no public criticism of the ST coach? We have ST melt downs weekly it seems. But hey, let's just kick the kicker, easy target...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't think anyone gives a crap how leach talks to the team in private. I think the rub is doing it publicly.

And I asked this in the other thread on this subject, why no public criticism of the ST coach? We have ST melt downs weekly it seems. But hey, let's just kick the kicker, easy target...
    I can see it a little both ways. I don't know that it's a huge thing IMO. And we don't know the full back story of how their practice habits are, how much the coach may (or may not) have helped them, etc.

Kind of a mountain out of a molehill situation to me.

ETA: Leach (or any coach) isn't going to be perfect in every press conference. Most of crap that's blown up real big really isn't that big. I could see Bear doing similar type thing. But that was way back before everything was so PC.

vCash
    This is just not that big of a deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Leach has made his pressers a big deal bc he's entertaining in them. More people watch bc of that, and bc more people watch, they become a bigger deal

vCash
    Leach has made his pressers a big deal bc he's entertaining in them. More people watch bc of that, and bc more people watch, they become a bigger deal
    Saban's are a big deal too. And he's saying shit worse than that x1000 all the time. Takes a lot of heat for it sometimes but they win games too. He don't give a crap as long as he wins games.

vCash
    Saban: He doesn't have to play football. All he has to do is punt.
    Saban: We can't just shit players to fix the problems. (My favorite by the way)
    Saban: They went through our defense like shit through a tin horn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Saban: He doesn't have to play football. All he has to do is punt.
    Saban: We can't just shit players to fix the problems. (My favorite by the way)
    Saban: They went through our defense like shit through a tin horn
    Aaron Rodgers can pull a vaccination stunt that Jordan love cant. Such is life...

vCash
    Well, the 3-8 kryptonite defense and "airbone" won't work in the SEC narratives have disintegrated so now it's just about Leach's post game comments. There's no more meat on the bone for some folks. I believe some might call that desperation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Well, the 3-8 kryptonite defense and "airbone" won't work in the SEC narratives have disintegrated so now it's just about Leach's post game comments. There's no more meat on the bone for some folks. I believe some might call that desperation.
    We're still most likely gonna finish 6-6, so I wouldn't get too excited. A win this week, and all leach detractors will have to take notice for sure.

vCash
    We're still most likely gonna finish 6-6, so I wouldn't get too excited. A win this week, and all leach detractors will have to take notice for sure.
    It was declared we were going 5-7 and no bowl by the "gurus" around here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    It was declared we were going 5-7 and no bowl by the "gurus" around here.
    You?re this all in over 1 more win than expected? 😂
    And when you have a .900+ win % and half the natties over the last decade, you can kick a dog or light a cat on fire on live tv and get away with it. Hell, if Saban pushed down someone?s granny, they?d ask her what she did to deserve it. We aren?t Alabama.
    I told y?all this was gonna happen the other night. You can?t be so short sighted. This will happen every time CML does this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    You?re this all in over 1 more win than expected? ��
    And when you have a .900+ win % and half the natties over the last decade, you can kick a dog or light a cat on fire on live tv and get away with it. Hell, if Saban pushed down someone?s granny, they?d ask her what she did to deserve it. We aren?t Alabama.
    I told y?all this was gonna happen the other night. You can?t be so short sighted. This will happen every time CML does this.
    Funny how we're playing a lot better on offense and the narratives, arguments and responses change. I guess I should have invested in a goal post moving company.

vCash
    This is about what I expected and have said so. Different wins/losses, but about what I figured. How is that moving the goal post? I still don?t believe the AirRaid is a great system. If it were near as good as you proclaim, CML would have Saban?s resume. Bigger, better programs would use it. Don?t sell me that the item we found on clearance is the most coveted thing in CFB. 😂

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    This is about what I expected and have said so. Different wins/losses, but about what I figured. How is that moving the goal post? I still don?t believe the AirRaid is a great system. If it were near as good as you proclaim, CML would have Saban?s resume. Bigger, better programs would use it. Don?t sell me that the item we found on clearance is the most coveted thing in CFB. ��
    Brother, I'm getting into an argument with you. I'm saying there are some folks on this board - several who are strangely absent recently - that have an agenda. That agenda was to stir up shit against Leach. That agenda got kicked the nuts. Once again, we were told by the "experts" on this board that we would not go bowling this season and that this offense would not work against SEC defenses.

vCash
    Now, that being said, the games have been closer than I?d have expected, but I?m not sure that?s not due to the Defense in some games and garbage time in a few others. We are improving, but I?m inclined to believe the AirRaid is about a .500-.600 win % system most years.

vCash
    Agreed. You're a D1 athlete in the most competitive conference in the country. If you can't stand criticism you're in the wrong place. Grow a pair and go make a damn 23 yard field goal