Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am really proud of this team!

vCash

I am really proud of this team!

You know, I keep thinking about what this team has accomplished. It really is something of note.

-Everyone said we would be last in the west.
    -Everyone said we would be a below 500 team.
    -A lot of people thought Leach would be on the chopping block this year.
    -We have mostly freshman and sophomores playing hard and winning.
    -We are extremely young when it comes to experience and we are some special teams mistakes away from being 8-1, that's huge!
    -Even with the special teams mistakes we are two HORRIBLE calls away from being 7-2. Like guys that is massive.

I don't know! I am just really proud of this team and this staff, they are in the process of greatly overachieving this year.

I think we play Auburn really well this weekend, giving ourselves a chance to win. Bama killed us, I don't think Auburn is at the level of Bama.

It is just really exciting about where we are and what we can do and how we can finish! Hailstate

vCash
    I think LSU finishes last in west, but if they beat ark or aTm, we could still finish last. Need to win egg

vCash
    Good post, Mav. We have warts(like just about 95% of all cfb), BUT these kids play hard, they don't quit and they really do leave it on the field each week. We have some things to clean up but I love the direction we're headed in. I said we'd have 6-7 wins and get another bowl and we're right on track for that. Slow,steady progress(while not as appealing to the masses) is generally the type progress that is sustainable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    You know, I keep thinking about what this team has accomplished. It really is something of note.

-Everyone said we would be last in the west.
    -Everyone said we would be a below 500 team.
    -A lot of people thought Leach would be on the chopping block this year.
    -We have mostly freshman and sophomores playing hard and winning.
    -We are extremely young when it comes to experience and we are some special teams mistakes away from being 8-1, that's huge!
    -Even with the special teams mistakes we are two HORRIBLE calls away from being 7-2. Like guys that is massive.

I don't know! I am just really proud of this team and this staff, they are in the process of greatly overachieving this year.

I think we play Auburn really well this weekend, giving ourselves a chance to win. Bama killed us, I don't think Auburn is at the level of Bama.

It is just really exciting about where we are and what we can do and how we can finish! Hailstate
    I completely agree. Hats off to Will for his maturation at the QB position, and he's a covid freshman. We're going places.

Banned
    vCash
    I remember several here who said "patience" would be needed with Leach. They were right.

vCash
    Good post Mav.

I'm glad we are winning so some posters go off into the shadows to gnash teeth and rend garments as Leach proves them wrong.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Look, we have massively shot ourselves in the foot in 3 of our losses. I see what this team could be week in and week out. I really think next seasons, these close games are going to flip to us because we are getting better and better each week. Heck, if we had a kicker we would have only lost 1 of these games.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Contrast this team to Moorhead's team? We are a much better team today than we were two years ago.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Contrast this team to Moorhead's team? We are a much better team today than we were two years ago.
    And it's not even close.

vCash
    I'm happy with our progress but we've got to aggressively address the holes on this team that are holding us back this year & the holes that could hold us back next year
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    That Arkansas team Saturday would have thoroughly humiliated a Moorhead team. It would have looked like the USC/Florida game.

vCash
    Yes, we're significantly better.

We don't have the difference makers on defense that we had 2 years ago, but offensively & culture wise, we're infinitely better.

We move the ball & score point within the offensive scheme now. Under Joe we moved the ball on broken plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yes, we're significantly better.

We don't have the difference makers on defense that we had 2 years ago, but offensively & culture wise, we're infinitely better.

We move the ball & score point within the offensive scheme now. Under Joe we moved the ball on broken plays
    Interestingly enough, I was shocked to see this...

FEI offensive rankings:
    2021 (doesn't include ark yet): 47th
    2019: 34th

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...veralloff/2021

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

FEI offensive rankings:

I'd be curious what those numbers would say since the LSU or Texas A&M game. We're clearly better.

Our lack of big plays though, does distort our overall numbers. As Will moves more in the pocket to extend plays, the more big plays we're going to make

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'd be curious what those numbers would say since the LSU or Texas A&M game. We're clearly better.

Our lack of big plays though, does distort our overall numbers. As Will moves more in the pocket to extend plays, the more big plays we're going to make
    I would guess it has skyrocketed. I feel confident it will move up after this next update also.

Looking back at 2019, we were a solid 37th in the country in yds/play. I'll guess, and say this metric likes that stat.

vCash

FEI offensive rankings:

I think that is skewed right now because of the difference in number of games. Also we've improved from 104th last season to 47th - a huge jump. Meanwhile JoMo was trending down - going from 20th in '18 to 34th in '19.

vCash
    Speaking of skyrocketing, Rogers has moved from 10th in both passer rating and QBR to 6th and 5th respectively. There's your offensive improvement

vCash
    Speaking of skyrocketing, Rogers has moved from 10th in both passer rating and QBR to 6th and 5th respectively. There's your offensive improvement
    This is key. He's made huge strides and he's really just now entering his "sophomore year". He still has 3 years to grow and get experience. He's going to be right up there with Dak by the time he graduates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is key. He's made huge strides and he's really just now entering his "sophomore year". He still has 3 years to grow and get experience. He's going to be right up there with Dak by the time he graduates.
    Will is now proving that he can beat any defense, zone, man, whatever... He still has things to work on(who doesn't), but his progress is on a steady upward trend.

vCash
    Still seeing too much bad football. But the plan is to be rolling next year if the OL and DBs work out.
    Oh, and K and P.