Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The traitor at it again?

vCash
    Also, Cooter, as one that travels, my world includes lots of people outside the EggBowl bubble. It?s one reason I don?t get too high or low on MSU most of the time. Yeah, I love the team, but I can be ok knowing they?re not even middle of the pack prettiest girl at the ball.

vCash
    Blue bloods are not going to have the patience for Leach to install his offense. They also focus on 5 star players and Leach recruits to his system more so than to the number of stars. This would be another issue a blue blood would have with him. I think he can do great here based on the progress we are making, and I think eventually he would do well at a blue blood but they wouldn?t give him the 3-4 years he would need to get to 10 wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Blue bloods are not going to have the patience for Leach to install his offense. They also focus on 5 star players and Leach recruits to his system more so than to the number of stars. This would be another issue a blue blood would have with him. I think he can do great here based on the progress we are making, and I think eventually he would do well at a blue blood but they wouldn?t give him the 3-4 years he would need to get to 10 wins
    I?m not saying this isn?t true. Just relaying a conversation that I had and thought would be a decent thread of conversation. Is that not what this site is for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I?m not saying this isn?t true. Just relaying a conversation that I had and thought would be a decent thread of conversation. Is that not what this site is for?
    I wasn?t trying to say it can?t happen, I was moreso pointing out the reasons I see it not happening. UF fans are also tired of SS going MIA, not addressing issues and him not pulling the plug on Dan. They also want an instant 9 to 10 win season. No way they would get that with Leach until year 3 or 4 at minimum because of the system he runs

vCash
    I could be 100% wrong but unless we fire leach for some reason. I Think this is his last rodeo here in starkville
    He finally has his shot to prove that the air raid can work in the sec

Blue bloods are not gonna have the patience with a 2 year install and going less than 9-3 at LSU or Florida will get your ass fired ( O got fired less than 2 years after a national title)

I could be wrong but I see him being here for at least 7-8 more years.

When Leach retires.... I say we call mullen back and repair the relationship possibly... or get another air raid type guy to keep it going

We will be consistently between a 7-9 win team with an occasional 6-6 or 5-7 season and maybe once every 3 years we have a team that makes some noise in the west..

The sec west will be wide open with saban retiring within the next 5 years.. I predict that Jimbo Fisher and A&M is a program on the rise but nobody will ever be like saban again..
    Even the great bear bryant lost to southern miss

vCash
    Well... to be fair I dont think he is leaving but

Its a LOT easier to install at Florida with that ability to get guaranteed top 15 classes and the sec east outside of Georgia sucks... outside of a rising tennessee ( which will be getting NCAA punishment sometime soon)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Well... to be fair I dont think he is leaving but

Its a LOT easier to install at Florida with that ability to get guaranteed top 15 classes and the sec east outside of Georgia sucks... outside of a rising tennessee ( which will be getting NCAA punishment sometime soon)
    Huepel walked into a bad situation there because he is going to elevate UT and get the fans excited but will struggle to keep it going due to NCAA issues. The fans won?t see this as an excuse and want him fired and they will be back to looking for another coach again because that?s how UT fans are. I say we go after him if that scenario happens and Leach is ready to retire. I?m usually not a fan of retread coaches but he will get caught between a rock and a hard place with that situation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Huepel walked into a bad situation there because he is going to elevate UT and get the fans excited but will struggle to keep it going due to NCAA issues. The fans won?t see this as an excuse and want him fired and they will be back to looking for another coach again because that?s how UT fans are. I say we go after him if that scenario happens and Leach is ready to retire. I?m usually not a fan of retread coaches but he will get caught between a rock and a hard place with that situation
    Agreed... but if heupel can ( with the NCAA crap) keep them as a 8-4 team for the next few years ... they wont be firing him especially if he can pull one off against bama/georgia

vCash
    This is about as likely as Saban leaving Bama to coach at Idaho Vandals.

vCash
    What?s that, B?

vCash

When Leach retires.... I say we call mullen back and repair the relationship possibly... or get another air raid type guy to keep it going

This "bring Mullen back" needs to be relegated to the trash heap. Mullen has already proven he doesn't want to be here. If we ever hired him again, he'd be shopping himself before he walked in the door. We'd also spend 3 or 4 years swapping from an Air Raid back to a run first offense.

vCash
    We don?t need Mullen back. Thanks for all he did, but that ship has sailed. I just feel that it would be the football version of Polk 2.0

vCash
    Dan was here 9 seasons which is about the shelf life of a HC in one place. People need to quit abusing themselves over the thought of what was arguably our 3rd best coach all time.

vCash
    I rarely ever hear a Leach is leaving rumor. Following his debacle at Texas Tech, his tweets, and outspoken political views, he hasn?t been highly sought after. UT went after him and had him until the UP stepped in and squashed it. Then he came to us. He has the accolades. He?s done the rehab. He might be getting more attention than you think. With a surprising number of upper level openings, a 2x COTY that?s making some noise in the SEC might be more on the radar than we would suspect. If he?s as good of a catch as we apparently believe that he is, then it can?t be unreasonable to think that other programs would look at him more recently.
    The video I saw last week of the Arkansas guy saying he spoke to their athletic department about coming after Leach not once but twice was quite interesting.

Sounded like before Morris it wouldn't have taken much to get him there. But after Morris it was going to be too much of an investment to get him.

So between us, Tennessee, and Arkansas, you've got a confirmed 3 SEC teams that kicked the tires enough on Leach to make it noteworthy.

vCash
    I've heard USC has reached out to Leach

vCash
    I could be 100% wrong but unless we fire leach for some reason. I Think this is his last rodeo here in starkville
    He finally has his shot to prove that the air raid can work in the sec

Blue bloods are not gonna have the patience with a 2 year install and going less than 9-3 at LSU or Florida will get your ass fired ( O got fired less than 2 years after a national title)

I could be wrong but I see him being here for at least 7-8 more years.

We will be consistently between a 7-9 win team with an occasional 6-6 or 5-7 season and maybe once every 3 years we have a team that makes some noise in the west..

The sec west will be wide open with saban retiring within the next 5 years.. I predict that Jimbo Fisher and A&M is a program on the rise but nobody will ever be like saban again..
    Even the great bear bryant lost to southern miss
    Yes and no. I too believe this will be this is Leach's last rodeo. He's making plenty of $$, sees the end of his career and a comfortable retirement in Key West. He already gets enough criticism from our fanbase; would he put up with that increased by a factor of 100? I doubt it.

With respect to Don *******, no way he comes back to MSU. We would have to accept the fact that the minute he accepts the job to come back, his agent will be putting out feelers for a higher profile gig. ******* was looking for a better job the entire time he was in Starkvegas; why would we expect it to be different the second time around. That's the very definition of insanity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Yes and no. I too believe this will be this is Leach's last rodeo. He's making plenty of $$, sees the end of his career and a comfortable retirement in Key West. He already gets enough criticism from our fanbase; would he put up with that increased by a factor of 100? I doubt it.

With respect to Don *******, no way he comes back to MSU. We would have to accept the fact that the minute he accepts the job to come back, his agent will be putting out feelers for a higher profile gig. ******* was looking for a better job the entire time he was in Starkvegas; why would we expect it to be different the second time around. That's the very definition of insanity.
    Yes and why would we want him. He is lazy. I'd rather hire someone like Briles say if Mullen gets canned and Leach really does have to leave from being unvaccinated.

vCash
    I rarely ever hear a Leach is leaving rumor. Following his debacle at Texas Tech, his tweets, and outspoken political views, he hasn?t been highly sought after. UT went after him and had him until the UP stepped in and squashed it. Then he came to us. He has the accolades. He?s done the rehab. He might be getting more attention than you think. With a surprising number of upper level openings, a 2x COTY that?s making some noise in the SEC might be more on the radar than we would suspect. If he?s as good of a catch as we apparently believe that he is, then it can?t be unreasonable to think that other programs would look at him more recently.
    We're .500 in the league and only one game above .500 overall. It's not like we're a top ten team.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Doubt it
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Leach wouldn't make it a week in LA without irrevocably pissing someone off.