Thread: Sunday Morning Thoughts

vCash

Sunday Morning Thoughts

So now that I have calmed a bit from last night I still think we are going to be ok:

1. We have to find a kicker ASAP. I could care less if that kicker is on the roster or we have to go to the 8 AM walking and jogging class at the Sanderson. Find someone who can at least make a 40 yd FG.

2. I was wrong about Will. Maybe not wrong about arm strength or his ability to throw the deep ball but in the words of Joc Pederson, ?He is that MFer?. I saw some Baker Mayfield F you in him today. I feel good going to war with Will any day of the week. And yes I would have put the ball in his hands with two seconds to go. I have faith he can make that throw with the game on the line.

3. We have to be able to get to the QB when we have 3rd and medium to long. I thought we did better yesterday but we still were not getting near enough pressure to speed Jefferson up yesterday.

4. Our receiver room is as talented as it has ever been. Makai Polk is just a dude. Amazing how misused he was at Cal. And now we have an emergence of RaRa. That kid is going to be a stud. Add in there possession guys in Ford, Williams, and the 2 RBs and it starts to get stupid the amount of talent we are stockpiling at that position.

5. The officials screwed us but just like against Memphis we put ourselves in the situation to be able to let them decide the game by not showing up for the first 25 minutes of the first half.

6. Find a way to get to 7 wins. It will not be easy but all 3 of our remaining games are winnable. Just go 2-1 and get to a bowl so that we can get to 8 wins and get momentum heading into next year.

vCash
    Will was very very good I'm the second half. Just need a few more hosses up front on D and we'd be fine.

vCash
    This team is so much better now, getting better every week. Bright future.

vCash
    Positives:
    After starting slow we showed resolve on the road and that shows leadership and growth
    Offense has been getting more consistent

Negatives:
    Defensive line got pushed around
    Slow start by the offense
    Special teams are special Ed

vCash
    We need to hit the portal for defensive guys that fit Arnett's scheme and a kicker.

Might need a new special teams coach. Probably could get Dan to do it. He'll be available I'm sure.**

vCash
    UPig Relf going 19-23 passing is absolutely the most surprising stat from yesterday
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    UPig Relf going 19-23 passing is absolutely the most surprising stat from yesterday
    Yep, and it seemed like he got 8 of those on their last drive. That 5 yard out route on the edge we couldn't stop.

vCash
    My thoughts:
    1) Offense has to learn to come out firing on all cylinders. The lack of sustained drives in the first half cost us the game.
    2) Special Teams has to improve. Missing 3 field goals cost us the game.
    3) We need better coverage/players/coaching in the secondary. Letting them carve us up (especially in the 2nd half) cost us the game.

Point is, better play in any of the 3 facets and we probably win yesterday. MSU and Arkansas are mirror images of each other right now, they just made a couple of extra plays and we didn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    We need to hit the portal for defensive guys that fit Arnett's scheme and a kicker.

Might need a new special teams coach. Probably could get Dan to do it. He'll be available I'm sure.**
    and remember 'Dan Luuuuuuuuves Starksville'........LOL

vCash
    This team is improving each week! And we have a real shot at beating Auburn. How many times have we watched a MSU team come out like the last two weeks, only to fold and not get off the mat. This team did not do that - they did not quit and with roughly 22 seconds remaining they drove down the field to give us a chance to win. I really like the direction of this team and think we win out.

vCash
    We are faster starts on offense and consistency on defense away from being a NY6 team.

The struggles in coverage are a little baffling to me. The numbers may say otherwise, but it seems like Arnett was better there last year with only a room of box safeties to work with for most of the season.

vCash
    We played good football. When we atleast show that we will run the ball, it helps tremendously. Will played very well. He is made for this system and has started putting us in position to win games. As far as the slow starts, it almost seems like we spend the first third of the game trying to figure out how they?re playing us. This is typically reserved for film room, not so much in game, but we are figuring some of it out. Still not a fan of one dimensional football schemes, but we should have won this one. Onto Aubbie. Let?s play like we have nothing to lose because we really don?t.

vCash
    I've seen enough. We will win out!!!! Get your bets in and pay for an awesome Christmas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
    I laugh more than I?d like to admit every time you call him that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Like button push ������������
    I laugh more than I?d like to admit every time you call him that.
    Not a great comparison though no matter how many times it's said lol. Jefferson's passing stats blow Relf's out of the water in every single category. Relf was probably the slightly better runner though.

vCash
    The most surprising stats to me were KJ having only 14 yards rushing on 11 carries. And that we had a lot more yards per pass attempt than Ark.

And lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Not a great comparison though no matter how many times it's said lol. Jefferson's passing stats blow Relf's out of the water in every single category. Relf was probably the slightly better runner though.
    It?s not spot on, but for some reason it hits with me. I think Relf did and KJ will overachieve to a certain degree without being as highly regarded as they probably should be.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    and remember 'Dan Luuuuuuuuves Starksville'........LOL
    It would do Dan a world of good to come in and be an analyst behind Mike Leach. Maybe he can learn something about passing offenses.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    plus Chris Relf had HEART and it showed
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The most surprising stats to me were KJ having only 14 yards rushing on 11 carries. And that we had a lot more yards per pass attempt than Ark.

And lost.
    One major problem was we couldn't stop Burks from making big plays when we needed to.