Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Leach to Hold Kicker Tryouts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    it should NEVER and i mean NEVER come down to kicking tryouts in college. the special team coach needs to get off his ASS and recruit one. Leach needs to fire him now!
    Agreed. It?s tough but I like what Leach did. It won?t be popular in the age of everyone gets a participation trophy and having special classes where college students play with playdoh to deal with their emotions but it?s life. The real world isn?t like that. The real world is a lion that just wants to eat you if you aren?t fast enough or strong enough. It?s a tough lesson for college students to learn?hell?anyone to learn. The world owes you nothing. No one owes you anything.

It?s a valuable lesson he?s coaching here that most won?t understand because it scares them and/or hurts their fragile emotions. You either succeed, train to succeed, or move on. We need a reliable kicker. He?s going to find one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
    Agree. This will be turned into the joke of the CFB season
    Damn. We have some pussies . Leach being Leach. I would hate for him to hurt someone?s feelings. Kick the damn field goal and your feeling won?t be hurt. Some of you guys just can?t help but hate on Leach. He is what he is, deal with it. What happened to the Air Raid won?t work bullshit. Ha, some of y?all must not have played football, all Coaches will hurt your feelings. Do your job, especially when you have just one job to do.Don?t except the scholarship if you can?t take the heat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Damn. We have some pussies . Leach being Leach. I would hate for him to hurt someone?s feelings. Kick the damn field goal and your feeling won?t be hurt. Some of you guys just can?t help but hate on Leach. He is what he is, deal with it. What happened to the Air Raid won?t work bullshit. Ha, some of y?all must not have played football, all Coaches will hurt your feelings. Do your job, especially when you have just one job to do.Don?t except the scholarship if you can?t take the heat.
    Exactly.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We have some pussies for fans.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-07-2021 at 10:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    What are we getting for 5mil?
    Not much

vCash
    Open tryouts every year, saying open tryouts is saying we don't have a kicker so any you frat boys that can kick come on out.

Why didn't he say we got open tryouts for any other position? We had bad plays at every position.

I can stand up there and demand the best players come play for me so I don't have to do anything. It don't take much ability or leadership to do that.

Now coaching up and leading not the best players, that takes effort and ability by the leader. Leach ain't showing much. He is a pithy interview after the game and that is about it.
    Did you have a stroke? Theres no coherent thought in this jumbled up group of words.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I agree. We have a ton of insecure pussies for fans. Lots of them love to be victims of unfair officiating and hang out in threads about OM as often as MSU threads. They also complain about recruiting and then foam at the mouth with glee when a coach chews folks out in front of a mic because it makes them feel better after a kid they don?t know ruined their weekend by not winning a game that the fan is barely invested in. But, but, but, I got these awesome Walmart MState shirts!
    No one cares if he gets on players. That?s his job, but do it in house. Discipline means to teach. Teach in practice. Doing your discipline in public is a humiliation tactic reserved to appease the upset fans.

vCash
    I agree. We have a ton of insecure pussies for fans. Lots of them love to be victims of unfair officiating and hang out in threads about OM as often as MSU threads. They also complain about recruiting and then foam at the mouth with glee when a coach chews folks out in front of a mic because it makes them feel better after a kid they don?t know ruined their weekend by not winning a game that the fan is barely invested in. But, but, but, I got these awesome Walmart MState shirts!
    No one cares if he gets on players. That?s his job, but do it in house. Discipline means to teach. Teach in practice. Doing your discipline in public is a humiliation tactic reserved to appease the upset fans.
    All this and you run to the forums to shame him calling out his kicking team. Then try to tell a man that has coached for many years how to address his team.

Senstivie Sally and her group of hens are out in rare form this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    What is your understanding of why Ruiz didn't take the last kick? explain.

Put in the work? Do you know some thing first hand about practice performance?
    Ruiz didnt even kick the last 2 extra points. He had checked himself out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    All this and you run to the forums to shame him calling out his kicking team. Then try to tell a man that has coached for many years how to address his team.

Senstivie Sally and her group of hens are out in rare form this weekend.
    Sure thing, Bucky. The game has changed. Leach isn?t known for that. Bad PR affects recruiting which is the life blood of football. You and many others are just too out of touch to see it. It?s why we never have and never will compete in football.

vCash
    Sure thing, Bucky. The game has changed. Leach isn?t known for that. Bad PR affects recruiting which is the life blood of football. You and many others are just too out of touch to see it. It?s why we never have and never will compete in football.
    You think Leaches comments are going to keep us from recruiting with the Bamas and Georgia's of the world. Okay, so why haven't we prior to now?

You seem intelligent, but not sure you have read the right books. Whoever told you this is why we don't recruit in the top 10 every year has mislead you. It is money- plain and simple.

vCash
    On the sidelines while on TV in a stadium full of people. 😂 that?s not the same as getting blasted at the post game presser. Plus, he wasn?t highly recruited. He?s a gamer. He?s made for this system, but he was always going to be a bulldog and most likely wouldn?t be the starter here if Leach wasn?t the coach. He has love for the school. 90% of our signees may grow to love the school during their time here, but that?s not why they?ll sign.
    To be fair Will and his entire family hated MS State till his senior year of HS. They are an OM family

vCash
    You think Leaches comments are going to keep us from recruiting with the Bamas and Georgia's of the world. Okay, so why haven't we prior to now?

You seem intelligent, but not sure you have read the right books. Whoever told you this is why we don't recruit in the top 10 every year has mislead you. It is money- plain and simple.
    No, it?s not, but it might affect our ability to better use the advantages that just being in the SEC offer. Unless something changes- it won?t- being able to take advantage of a Bama/UGA slip up won?t happen because we will lose games we shouldn?t either due to lack of talent in certain areas or depth issues. Every team in the SEC has recent recruiting advantages. Some maximize this and others don?t. I don?t want to be the Vandy of the West because of self inflicted recruiting woes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    To be fair Will and his entire family hated MS State till his senior year of HS. They are an OM family
    Nothing changes fandom like you?re kid not being wanted by your team. OM has ostracized lots of families that way. Blood is thicker than water. 😂 if my boys play at JSU, don?t think for a moment we wouldn?t be Tigers for life.

vCash
    What are we getting for 5mil?
    At least we are in a better position than Florida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Ruiz didnt even kick the last 2 extra points. He had checked himself out.
    That's a good catch on the last two XPs. I didn't notice tbh. It doesn't seem others have either as they were questioning the call on their podcast ...and nobody here has mentioned it yet. Anyways.... makes sense why Leach went with McCord for the last attempt.

vCash
    No, it?s not, but it might affect our ability to better use the advantages that just being in the SEC offer. Unless something changes- it won?t- being able to take advantage of a Bama/UGA slip up won?t happen because we will lose games we shouldn?t either due to lack of talent in certain areas or depth issues. Every team in the SEC has recent recruiting advantages. Some maximize this and others don?t. I don?t want to be the Vandy of the West because of self inflicted recruiting woes.
    You have it all figured out. You should be an advisor to Coach Leach. Anytime he starts to show masculinity and let his testosterone get the best of him. You can be there to pull his shirt tail down and keep his approach feminine and soft. Similar to a mother's touch.

We should see a top 10 signing class in no time at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    That's a good catch on the last two XPs. I didn't notice tbh. It doesn't seem others have either as they were questioning the call on their podcast ...and nobody here has mentioned it yet. Anyways.... makes sense why Leach went with McCord for the last attempt.
    My guess is the special teams staff had a talk with Ruiz and Ruiz told them he wasnt right after that last miss.

vCash
    You have it all figured out. You should be an advisor to Coach Leach. Anytime he starts to show masculinity and let his testosterone get the best of him. You can be there to pull his shirt tail down and keep his approach feminine and soft. Similar to a mother's touch.

We should see a top 10 signing class in no time at all.
    It?s not his current players that this deters. Throwing players under the bus is a passive aggressive move. That in and of itself is extremely effeminate. Chew their ass. Run them to death, but at the end of the day, he?s the one being paid to deliver results. Be a man and own it. That?s the manly thing to do. Pointing fingers in front of the mics doesn?t strike nearly the alpha male chord with me as it does you.

vCash
    It?s not his current players that this deters. Throwing players under the bus is a passive aggressive move. That in and of itself is extremely effeminate. Chew their ass. Run them to death, but at the end of the day, he?s the one being paid to deliver results. Be a man and own it. That?s the manly thing to do. Pointing fingers in front of the mics doesn?t strike nearly the alpha male chord with me as it does you.
    I take it, you still have not watched the presser.

He didn't blame the loss on kicking. He was asked about the kicking situation and he said he was having an open try out.

If you are going to argue about it, atleast take 6 minutes of your time and watch it.