Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Leach to Hold Kicker Tryouts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And they deserved it. So does their position coach because special teams has been putrid all season.
    And they're all HIS problem. The buck stops with.... Ruiz and a walk on

vCash
    How bout those players grow a damn set and actually play well. ***** ass guys bitching because the coach ripped them for sucking is laughable. They've got one 17ing job.
    Ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And he's dealing with them for sucking. One job...one. If he can find someone to kick a damn 35 yard field goal, sign them up. And he should fire their coach and go get a real ST coach. This is big time football. Sucking shouldn't be tolerated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The guy he let try the game winner isn't on scholarship. .... so there's that...but flame away w more stupidity.
    I am confused.. do you have a problem with the open tryout or the delivery of the open try out?

It wasn't a game winner either. It was for the tie.. but go on..

vCash
    Just wait until Leach gets his kicker!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Unnecessary comment. That really helps nothing. He may need Ruiz again, down the stretch.

Ruiz had missed the first two but had been in the game and under the pressure. He may have missed another but he had already executed properly prior. Then you call in the 2nd guy, cold and in that situation. Bad decision. Because the timing was off from the snap.
    Nope. Because unless it's an extra point or a kickoff we're going for it on fourth down from here on out.

vCash
    I think it's total bullshit what he said. He can say they kicked poorly today, they did. That's true. But the way he handled it was w the least amount of class possible. Not a fan of the move. If the kickers quit and tell him to shove it I wouldn't blame them. Just a sorry sorry way to handle it. Don't care how many of y'all think that's cool or right or whatever. It's bot.
    If they quit it doesn't really matter. We can replace them with someone else that can miss field goals just as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If they quit it doesn't really matter. We can replace them with someone else that can miss field goals just as well.
    I agree. Not really sure where the "oh don't say that they may quit " mentality came from, but it doesn't belong in football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And now that he's trying to fix it people are calling him out about it? Because he makes 5 million dollars?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Nope. Because unless it's an extra point or a kickoff we're going for it on fourth down from here on out.
    I think we need to start practicing doing fake field goals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    I agree. Not really sure where the "oh don't say that they may quit " mentality came from, but it doesn't belong in football.
    Woke ass helicopter parents

vCash
    Exactly. I don't care if they quit or not. This is SEC football and you either perform or you don't and you sit and they find someone else that can perform. Any position.

They want to coddle the players but then when they don't perform it's ALL Leach's fault "because he just didn't coach them good enough."

If they don't want the coach calling them out in postgame then make the field goals. Or don't. And either sit or leave. I'm fine with either option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    Yeah. Let's trust Tucker Day with that.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    Hell no. Put your regular offense on the field and just go for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Hell no. Put your regular offense on the field and just go for it.
    That's exactly what's going to happen. Hell, we probably had as good as shot with Will throwing a Hail Mary to win it as we did trying to kick a 40 yard field goal. Especially from the 30 yard line or whatever it was.

vCash
    No, this was clearly a coach displeased with the performance of his players on Scholarship.

I could tell by the presser he was pissed off at the overall performance. I like to see that. Everyone was thinking it, the same people criticizing him on the forum for saying it was writing off the entire program at the end of the game.

You throw rocks and sh*t at the team and coaching staff about the loss, but as soon as he states that he has an open try out for kicker you get on your soap box about how he shouldn't say that.
    This ^^^^

vCash
    Some of us have no issue with holding players- any position- accountable, but do so at practice. Throwing players under the bus at pressers hurts recruiting and gives the rest of the CFB world something to laugh at while discussing our open tryout mid season.
    Y?all love to talk crap about catering to diva athletes, but it?s fairly difficult to find 4 and 5 star players that aren?t a bit diva. They?ve only been treated special by everyone they?ve ever met, but if they don?t want to come here because our coach publicly embarrassed players, well, f**k em, but gnashing of teeth when we don?t sign top 25 classes.

vCash
    Lol, yeah, that's it. That's the problem.

vCash
    The guy he let try the game winner isn't on scholarship. .... so there's that...but flame away w more stupidity.
    I could argue with you that the first two he missed were game winners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Some of us have no issue with holding players- any position- accountable, but do so at practice. Throwing players under the bus at pressers hurts recruiting and gives the rest of the CFB world something to laugh at while discussing our open tryout mid season.
    Y?all love to talk crap about catering to diva athletes, but it?s fairly difficult to find 4 and 5 star players that aren?t a bit diva. They?ve only been treated special by everyone they?ve ever met, but if they don?t want to come here because our coach publicly embarrassed players, well, f**k em, but gnashing of teeth when we don?t sign top 25 classes.
    We're talking kickers, not 5 star players. A walk on kicker and a transfer kicker.