Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Leach to Hold Kicker Tryouts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I could argue with you that the first two he missed were game winners.
    And every dropped pass or missed block was potentially a touchdown 🙄

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Some of us have no issue with holding players- any position- accountable, but do so at practice. Throwing players under the bus at pressers hurts recruiting and gives the rest of the CFB world something to laugh at while discussing our open tryout mid season.
    Y?all love to talk crap about catering to diva athletes, but it?s fairly difficult to find 4 and 5 star players that aren?t a bit diva. They?ve only been treated special by everyone they?ve ever met, but if they don?t want to come here because our coach publicly embarrassed players, well, f**k em, but gnashing of teeth when we don?t sign top 25 classes.
    Yeah, let's just wait till we get them behind closed doors to whip their ass. If they can't take criticism. It doesn't matter how you deliver it. Better to keep the divas where they are. We need DAWGS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We're talking kickers, not 5 star players. A walk on kicker and a transfer kicker.
    When others are recruiting against us, they?ll just say players.

vCash
    And every dropped pass or missed block was potentially a touchdown 🙄
    I didn't see Will Rogers jump on Twitter and liking transfer talk after Leach chewed his ass on the sideline, on tv, in front of a stadium full of people. Some kids are competitors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    Yeah, let's just wait till we get them behind closed doors to whip their ass. If they can't take criticism. It doesn't matter how you deliver it. Better to keep the divas where they are. We need DAWGS.
    What type Dawgs you want? Mutts? We are actively implementing a system that thrives with high performance players. You can be happy recruiting in the mid to high 30s. Not me.

vCash
    What type Dawgs you want? Mutts? We are actively implementing a system that thrives with high performance players. You can be happy recruiting in the mid to high 30s. Not me.
    You must not remember the divas we had on the team 2 years ago? Some decently rated players with no fight. I'll take a 3 star with the right attitude and grit over a pre-madonna 4-5star any day of the week.
    Last edited by MBDawg601; 11-06-2021 at 11:46 PM.

vCash
    When's the last time we recruited in the mid to high 30s? Yeah, it won't be this year either. Maybe we can start taking them back to water park too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I didn't see Will Rogers jump on Twitter and liking transfer talk after Leach chewed his ass on the sideline, on tv, in front of a stadium full of people. Some kids are competitors.
    On the sidelines while on TV in a stadium full of people. 😂 that?s not the same as getting blasted at the post game presser. Plus, he wasn?t highly recruited. He?s a gamer. He?s made for this system, but he was always going to be a bulldog and most likely wouldn?t be the starter here if Leach wasn?t the coach. He has love for the school. 90% of our signees may grow to love the school during their time here, but that?s not why they?ll sign.

vCash
    On the sidelines while on TV in a stadium full of people. 😂 that?s not the same as getting blasted at the post game presser. Plus, he wasn?t highly recruited. He?s a gamer. He?s made for this system, but he was always going to be a bulldog and most likely wouldn?t be the starter here if Leach wasn?t the coach. He has love for the school. 90% of our signees may grow to love the school during their time here, but that?s not why they?ll sign.
    They'll sign because our coach was polite about their piss poor performance in the presser.

Come on man'

vCash
    They'll sign because our coach was polite about their piss poor performance in the presser.

Come on man'
    No, that?s not why they?ll sign, but a coach that throws his players under the bus attempting to publicly embarrass them might be the reason they don?t.

vCash
    When others are recruiting against us, they?ll just say players.
    If recruits don't come to us because of that our competitors are doing us a favor.

I remember fans calling out Cohen for doing the same to our baseball players. Didn't stop us from recruiting teams that went to Omaha.

vCash
    No, that?s not why they?ll sign, but a coach that throws his players under the bus attempting to publicly embarrass them might be the reason they don?t.
    I hate to say it, but you're wrong. Leach did not embarrass them. Anyone who watched the game had a clear understanding how our kicker situation played out and was the primary reason the question was brought up in the first place.

The players need to be held accountable and I admire the fact that Leach didn't hold back for the sake of "embarrassment". He answered the question about our poor kicking performance with an open try out. If they want to save face, make the kick. If you can't make the kick, put in the work. Simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If recruits don't come to us because of that our competitors are doing us a favor.

I remember fans calling out Cohen for doing the same to our baseball players. Didn't stop us from recruiting teams that went to Omaha.
    Baseball and football aren?t remotely the same. If you don?t routinely recruit in the top 15, you have no legitimate chance to win it all in football. Nobodies win it all in baseball a fair amount of time. It sucks to hear, and to say, but that?s the truth.

vCash
    I hate to say it, but you're wrong. Leach did not embarrass them. Anyone who watched the game had a clear understanding how our kicker situation played out and was the primary reason the question was brought up in the first place.

The players need to be held accountable and I admire the fact that Leach didn't hold back for the sake of "embarrassment". He answered the question about our poor kicking performance with an open try out. If they want to save face, make the kick. If you can't make the kick, put in the work. Simple.
    He?s known for embarrassing players and throwing under the bus. This isn?t a new thing. He?s also never been known for being a great recruiter. Maybe that?s just a coincidence, though.

vCash
    He?s known for embarrassing players and throwing under the bus. This isn?t a new thing. He?s also never been known for being a great recruiter. Maybe that?s just a coincidence, though.
    You're taking about Texas Tech and Washington State recruiting.

Have you ever been to Lubbock or Pullman? Makes Starkvegas feel like a vacation spot. We will agree to disagree on it.

vCash

True.

A story. I had a cousin that kicked at state under Tyler. He was decent. But not a starter. My brother asked him one time why kickers were so squirrelly, hitting from 40 consistently in practice and shanking during the game. He told my brother it was because they were always high during practice. ��

There’s your answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    True.

A story. I had a cousin that kicked at state under Tyler. He was decent. But not a starter. My brother asked him one time why kickers were so squirrelly, hitting from 40 consistently in practice and shanking during the game. He told my brother it was because they were always high during practice. ��

There’s your answer.
    Kickers have the most chill practice schedules and routines. It is basically set your own agenda at most schools. I'm sure they have some routine, but it's nothing like any other position. I promise you.

vCash
    Baseball and football aren?t remotely the same. If you don?t routinely recruit in the top 15, you have no legitimate chance to win it all in football. Nobodies win it all in baseball a fair amount of time. It sucks to hear, and to say, but that?s the truth.
    My point was baseball routinely recruited better than top 15 just about every year even with Cohen calling out players. And that was coming off of three straight losing seasons in a row.

People that have a competitors mentality don't give a shit about being called out for not doing their job.

vCash
    And every dropped pass or missed block was potentially a touchdown ��
    Or maybe we lost because I didn't go to the game today***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Or maybe we lost because I didn't go to the game today***
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
    I?m tired. These threads have been harder fought than our game. Good night