Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anybody watching the Florida/South Carolina game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Grass ain't always greener, Danno.

He had it made in the shade here. 9 straight bowls, huge contract, fan support, and probably the most job security of any coach in the country. Hell, He was probably headed towards having a damn statue here one day. But in the words of Toby Keith...."How do ya like me now", Don Merlin?
    Yep and he left a lot of meat on the bone here too. If he hadnt been constantly job hunting in November theres no telling what he could have accomplished.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Why are you so scared of Kiffin? OM probably has a losing record this year and last without Corral.
    Who says I?m afraid of Kiffin? I have a healthy respect for his offensive play calling ability, but my biggest reason liking to see him leave has to do with recruiting acumen and ability to seemingly manufacture good pr. If you can?t see the immediate positive impact he?s had on OM, then you?re a fool.

vCash
    Why are you so scared of Kiffin? OM probably has a losing record this year and last without Corral.
    Kiffin is a pretty damn good coach. They are 7-2 and one of the top teams in the SEC already under him. You can say it's all about Corral if you want, but when they end up getting Spencer Rattler from the portal this off-season (you heard it hear first), they will be in the same spot next year with a chance to compete for the West. So am I "scared" of Kiffin? No. But do I feel like he makes Ole Miss a much more dangerous team than they would be without him? Absolutely.

vCash
    Kiffin is a pretty damn good coach. They are 7-2 and one of the top teams in the SEC already under him. You can say it's all about Corral if you want, but when they end up getting Spencer Rattler from the portal this off-season (you heard it hear first), they will be in the same spot next year with a chance to compete for the West. So am I "scared" of Kiffin? No. But do I feel like he makes Ole Miss a much more dangerous team than they would be without him? Absolutely.
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Who says I?m afraid of Kiffin? I have a healthy respect for his offensive play calling ability, but my biggest reason liking to see him leave has to do with recruiting acumen and ability to seemingly manufacture good pr. If you can?t see the immediate positive impact he?s had on OM, then you?re a fool.
    His play calling? That's one of the biggest problems he has. His on field decision making is what keeps him from being really good. As for recruiting, he's not pulling classes like Freeze was. And you should be used to being out-recruited by them by now. We should be more concerned with what our staff is doing, recruiting wise, rather than worry what they're doing. Because the next coach they hire will recruit well too.

vCash
    Neal and the RG crew have been all over the Spencer Rattler scoop for a couple weeks now. It could definitely happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Neal and the RG crew have been all over the Spencer Rattler scoop for a couple weeks now. It could definitely happen.
    Oh have they? Damn, I thought I may have been the first haha

It's a perfect fit, as bad as it pains me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Rattler is a locker room cancer but with their luck it would work out perfectly. Any other team would have it blow up in their face but not them.

vCash
    His play calling? That's one of the biggest problems he has. His on field decision making is what keeps him from being really good. As for recruiting, he's not pulling classes like Freeze was. And you should be used to being out-recruited by them by now. We should be more concerned with what our staff is doing, recruiting wise, rather than worry what they're doing. Because the next coach they hire will recruit well too.
    He?s considered one of the top offensive schemers in CFB, but you know better. Gotcha. What time is your spot on ESPN?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Rattler is a locker room cancer but with their luck it would work out perfectly. Any other team would have it blow up in their face but not them.
    After seeing rather on the show qb1. I think he is a perfect fit at OM. Very similar to Corral personality wise.

vCash
    Oh no, not Spencer Rattler!!!*** The QB OM has now is the best thing they could hope for and it isn't often a program replaces guys like that. Rattler ain't Corral. We'll see. But, I haven't seen anything from Kiffin so far that has me worried.

vCash
    Oh no, not Spencer Rattler!!!*** The QB OM has now is the best thing they could hope for and it isn't often a program replaces guys like that. Rattler ain't Corral. We'll see. But, I haven't seen anything from Kiffin so far that has me worried.
    It?s more about what we are seeing so far here that should have you worried. You seem to be the one fixated on OM and Kiffin, projecting your insecurities about them onto us. Tighten up, fella.

vCash
    Ok

vCash
    It?s more about what we are seeing so far here that should have you worried. You seem to be the one fixated on OM and Kiffin, projecting your insecurities about them onto us. Tighten up, fella.
    Yes

vCash
    He?s considered one of the top offensive schemers in CFB, but you know better. Gotcha. What time is your spot on ESPN?
    Yes, the wizard of offense had a masterful game against the mighty Liberty Flames with his 3 points in the whole 2nd half. Their Arkansas game is inflating their ppg average, but take that game out and they're only averaging 25.75 in SEC play while we're averaging 27.3 ppg in conference games. Take out our 45 vs Vandy and we're averaging 23.8. So, rounding up without our best performances, they're averaging 26 ppg and we're at 24 ppg. Everybody complains about our offense while praising theirs. I'm sorry, but if that impresses or scares you then I'm not so sure you won't be living in fear regardless of who their coach is. Is he an upgrade from Luke? Yeah, I'd say so. But, this fear of Kiffin is a little baffling to me.

vCash
    Yes, the wizard of offense had a masterful game against the mighty Liberty Flames with his 3 points in the whole 2nd half. Their Arkansas game is inflating their ppg average, but take that game out and they're only averaging 25.75 in SEC play while we're averaging 27.3 ppg in conference games. Take out our 45 vs Vandy and we're averaging 23.8. So, rounding up without our best performances, they're averaging 26 ppg and we're at 24 ppg. Everybody complains about our offense while praising theirs. I'm sorry, but if that impresses or scares you then I'm not so sure you won't be living in fear regardless of who their coach is. Is he an upgrade from Luke? Yeah, I'd say so. But, this fear of Kiffin is a little baffling to me.
    You?re the only one bringing fear into it. You seem fixated on it.
    They also have played a majority of their games without a majority of their starters at skill positions and still have a 7-2 record. They phoned in the second half today because the game was already won and they?re riddled with injury. OM has spent this entire year in the top 25 after NCAA penalties, but you think that?s in no way because of Kiffin. We have played in a decade straight of bowl games and are fortunate that we will be continuing the streak. Kiffin?s first year at OM- their first off of sanctions- they beat a top 15 team in the Outback Bowl while we barely beat Tulsa in the Armed Forces Bowl.
    What we do has nothing to do with them, but liking the thought of Kiffin leaving doesn?t make us the foolish ones. Just like being happy that Corral will be gone next year.